• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

No, George Adamski Didn't Beat Him to Space!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
But if you have a few spare billion dollars around, you can do most anything:

Yep and Jeff Bezos is next to go.

Wanna go into space, Randall?
BozoneLayer-01a.pngAbsolutely. But I'm skeptical. You see, as illustrated to the left, Bezos has to breach The Bozone Layer before actually being in space. Only a select few on Earth have ever actually made it all the way through the Bozone Layer, and they have been sworn to secrecy about it so as not to displease our alien overlords.

The working theory behind The Bozone Layer is that everything below it is considered to be "Lower Atmosphere". This should be differentiated from "Altitude", which in theory could extend past our planetary atmosphere. Interestingly, the "Bozone Layer Effect" doesn't affect everyone equally.

Scariest of all, the Bozone Effect can be entirely asymptomatic, leading people to believe they aren't Bozos themselves, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. To some people, I seem like I'm a complete bozo 24/7. Maybe they're right
:p .

In short, if you go to space, you hope it'll be in a UFO, where you hope ET has dealt with such matters and protects you from the worst that space travel delivers to astronauts.

I don't think any responsible researcher would "dismiss Adamski". I'm confident that minds like Clark and Kingsbury might agree that from a historical and cultural perspective, Adamski is a prominent and possibly colorful figure on the ufology landscape. And if I say any more than that, I could be in serious trouble with them. But if I go out on a limb of my own, IMO it comes across to me as some kind of folklore that's about as likely to bear a resemblance to objective reality ( if there is such a thing ) to The Great Pumpkin ( There is no Great Pumpkin ). There is no spoon either.

When it comes to the UFO culture, sure.

When it comes to whether he really met Orthon from Venus or wherever, that's quite a different matter.

When it comes to the UFO culture, sure.

When it comes to whether he really met Orthon from Venus or wherever, that's quite a different matter.
Yup. The period at the end of that sentence is as far as it goes — no further. After that it looks like either a long way down or a minefield, so if I wasn't already paranoid I'm standing on a landmine right now, just imagine what those guys would think if a UFO landed, and Adamski got out with a big smile on his face and introduced Orthon to The President.

I concede that the likelihood of this happening is very very small, but in a universe of infinite possibilities it seems like a clever lawyer could probably make a fairly convincing case that in the strictest theoretical sense, it may very well be possible, although not provable, and in gaining some partial credibility, is be able to walk away with a tidy out of court settlement.

To Add: Any judge that would hear the case in the first place would have to be clinically diagnosable <– ( the perfectly politically correct alternative to certain pejoratives used to describe someone's perceived psychological condition as unhealthy or in some way undesirable ). Consider the case of Crazy Larry's Waterbeds:

Last edited:
Yup. The period at the end of that sentence is as far as it goes — no further. After that it looks like either a long way down or a minefield, so if I wasn't already paranoid I'm standing on a landmine right now, just imagine what those guys would think if a UFO landed, and Adamski got out with a big smile on his face and introduced Orthon to The President.

I concede that the likelihood of this happening is very very small, but in a universe of infinite possibilities it seems like a clever lawyer could probably make a fairly convincing case that in the strictest theoretical sense, it may very well be possible, although not provable, and in gaining some partial credibility, is be able to walk away with a tidy out of court settlement.

To Add: Any judge that would hear the case in the first place would have to be clinically diagnosable <– ( the perfectly politically correct alternative to certain pejoratives used to describe someone's perceived psychological condition as unhealthy or in some way undesirable ).
Then there has always been background chatter surmising that some of the deemed-bogus contactees may have had a genuine contact experience, and they messed it up by enhancing it later.

-- Squirrel

Then there has always been background chatter surmising that some of the deemed-bogus contactees may have had a genuine contact experience, and they messed it up by enhancing it later.

-- Squirrel
I think that many of us have an inner need to believe that on some level, interaction with aliens is possible, if not already a reality, but we're skeptical about individual cases, which reminds me, I'm supposed to have a look at that Marshall Vian Summers stuff. I think I'm getting too old and tired for this. Then again, I'm in my depressive cycle at the moment. So try to forgive me if I'm sounding a bit negative. Working on creating a serenity bubble.

I think that many of us have an inner need to believe that on some level, interaction with aliens is possible, if not already a reality, but we're skeptical about individual cases, which reminds me, I'm supposed to have a look at that Marshall Vian Summers stuff. I think I'm getting too old and tired for this. Then again, I'm in my depressive cycle at the moment. So try to forgive me if I'm sounding a bit negative. Working on creating a serenity bubble.
Hangin' out with squirrels creates an unbeatable serenity bubble for me! (Lots of peanuts help too!)

-- Squirrel

-- Squirrel
Or were involved in some sort of government experimentation.

Cool. Yes. I have one here that can travel vertically or horizontally on the outside walls of my 60s era stucco house. Anyway, I tend to tolerate them well. Others in the City not so much. I had an Alfred Hitchcockian "Birds" moment with a bunch of them once. It's actually kinda funny in it's own way too. Maybe I'll mention it sometime on the show. Maybe I already have? I don't remember.

Great news and comparing US Captian Edward Ruppelt excellent book The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects :didn't the US early radar system clock Fyling Discs doing over 600 miles per hour . Watching the inside Space Ship tech deck it reached around 800 miles per hour. Anyway good stuff.

Back