• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Night Siege

More Danny Byrd

Paranormal Novice
Hello all,

My first introduction to the Black Triangle mystery was a book called Night Siege, concerning a flap in the 1980s over New York's Hudson Valley.

The secrecy profile of this craft defies logic. Its technology remains inexplicable, implying that the Black World must be more than four decades ahead of public technology. The craft itself is enjoying a longer secrecy lifetime than any before (U2, F117, B2, etc). And yet it is routinely deployed over relatively heavily populated areas?

This suggests that its mission may involve populated areas; it is not a bomber but a surveillance craft.

More Danny Byrd said:
Hello all,

My first introduction to the Black Triangle mystery was a book called Night Siege, concerning a flap in the 1980s over New York's Hudson Valley.

The secrecy profile of this craft defies logic. Its technology remains inexplicable, implying that the Black World must be more than four decades ahead of public technology. The craft itself is enjoying a longer secrecy lifetime than any before (U2, F117, B2, etc). And yet it is routinely deployed over relatively heavily populated areas?

This suggests that its mission may involve populated areas; it is not a bomber but a surveillance craft.

Are you confident that the phenomenon was [is] not paranormal? And why?

I wouldn't say that I'm confident, but I'd like to fully exhaust the mundane explanations. I think resorting to the paranormal should be done on the basis of solid evidence that the explanation thereby becomes normal. I don't have enough information on ETs to postulate that this looks like one of them.

I find these sightings interesting and don't know what to make of them. They weren't planes or ultralights in formation. And as a surveillence craft, I don't know. Certainly it was observing, but you may think a surveilence craft might be smaller and more stealthy. This seemed to envoke wonder and perhaps even fear by the size of it. It seems it wanted to be seen.

One thing we often hear about UFO's is the lack of any sound. Not true in this case as many people reported sound, buzzing or humming. Imbrogno told of seeing the craft tilt on its side like a ferris wheel. Weird stuff. Hope you heard the interview with him. Either way I put it up there as a very credible sighting. Lots of witnesses. It stopped traffic. Something was there.

What was it? Probably more likely to be us than them, but that leaves us with the implication that we can get a massively large craft in the air. One that can hover, beam blinding white light, and withstand strong winds without teetering. I don't remember, without going upstars to sift through the book, if the craft ever made any really swift maneuvers or just shot through the air. I don't think it did. Good book.

Might be a good idea to take note of prevailing winds when someone spots black tris. If they are only seen when conditions are calm, that might suggest they are lightweight vehicles. I'm not talking about blimps, but something akin to them in construction of materials that are efficient in terms of weight. If so, they are ours. So there!

It was about 6 years ago...Not sure exactly of the date. But it was sometime in July.

I was walking my dog in a park along the Mississippi River in Minneapolis one evening. As an amateur astronomer, I always pay attention to the night sky. It was a clear, crisp night and I was looking at the "Summer Triangle" (i.e. the stars Deneb, Vega and Altair). Ironically I saw another triangle.

Nearly overhead, the object was traveling north, paralleling the Mississippi valley (altitude about 85 degrees, displaced slightly to the east). No lights whatsoever. And absolutely no sound. And I'm confident it was a solid object, not a group. I wouldn't have noticed it had I not paid attention to the stars. It was nearly the same color as the background sky, but very slightly darker. This is probably due to the fact that light pollution in the Twin Cities does not allow for a perfectly black sky.

The object subtended an angle of about 5 degrees of arc. And it covered it's own length roughly every second when it was overhead. It's impossible to determine what its altitude was so it would be difficult to assess it's size or speed. It was shaped similar to an arrowhead. Not a perfect equilateral triangle, but isosceles instead. It was visible for perhaps 12-15 seconds before I lost it at the treeline.

I told several friends about the incident but didn't report it to any governmental agency.

What was interesting is that about a year later, I told the story to my colleagues at work and one of them looked at me strangely. He had never heard of the phenomenon but admitted that he once saw a black triangle high over the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport a few months before. He never said a word to anyone about the incident before this and was spooked a bit by my story.

I don't know what these things are. I've seen one and my first inclination is to think they are blacks-ops projects of the US military (BTW my sighting took place across the road from BAE Systems - a prominent defense contractor - although I don't really think there is a connection).

Back