• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Redfern Returns: Was the Rendlesham Forest UFO a Top Secret Government Experiment?

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
RENDELSHAM2 - SQUARE.jpgNick Redfern has announced his latest book, The Rendlesham Forest UFO Conspiracy: A Close Encounter Exposed as a Top Secret Government Experiment.

Says Nick: "Over the years, I've written a number of controversial books, but my new one is without doubt the most controversial one of all."

Here's the info on the book from the publisher, Lisa Hagan Books:

"The object was hovering on legs”
“Something being tested in the area”
“A world of trouble”
“Minds were manipulated”

In the final days of December 1980, strange encounters and bizarre incidents occurred in the heart of Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, England. Based upon their personal encounters, many of the military personnel who were present at the time believed that something extraterrestrial came down in those dark woods. What if, however, there was another explanation for what happened four decades ago?

What if that explanation, if revealed, proved to be even more controversial than the theory that aliens arrived from a faraway world? The ramifications for the field of Ufology would be immense.

In his new, sensational book, Nick Redfern reveals that one of the most famous UFO cases of all time was really a series of top secret experiments using holograms, mind-control programs, deception, disinformation, conspiracies and cover-ups. The shocking truth of a forty-year-old mystery is now revealed.

BIO
Nick Redfern is the author of more than 60 books. They include Flying Saucers from the Kremlin; The Roswell UFO Conspiracy; Women in Black; Men in Black; Nessie; Chupacabra Road Trip; The Black Diary; and 365 Days of UFOs. Nick has appeared on many TV shows, including the National Geographic Channel’s Paranatural; the SyFy Channel’s Proof Positive; and the Travel Channel’s In Search of Monsters.

We'll be recording this Episode Thursday, May 14th, from 6 until 8 PM Central Time.

Normally, I don't get involved in the Forum, but I have to make an exception for this topic.

I have long held that the Rendlesham Forest Incident involved an experimental military weapon. When I asked him about it, Nick Pope put me onto a British Ministry of Defence document that said experimental craft and devices were being mistaken for UFO's.

My contention is that what people saw – and felt – at Rendlesham was a crowd and riot control device being tested. Basically, it was a powerful microwave transmitter that would heat the bodies of protesters to the point that they had to run away due to the internal heat generated. This thermal effect of high frequency radio frequency energy is well known. In fact, it is the basis of the ordinary kitchen microwave oven.

Check the links below for a description of the device, which was actually deployed in the Afganistan War, but later withdrawn from service. Could it be that it caused more physical damage, including blindness and internal injuries, than had been expected (or admitted)? If I recall correctly, a woman protester at Rendlesham had a miscarriage after being exposed to some form of radiation from the object.

Considering that Rendlesham Forest was a Cold War nuclear military base and the subject of frequent protests, I think it represented a perfect scenario for a practical test of the device. At least Nick Pope did not contradict my theory when I corresponded with him about it.

I don't know where Nick Redfern got the idea, but it certainly is in the same ballpark with mine. Or as the late, great Jim Moseley would say: “Dangerously Close to the Truth”

Active Denial System - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Thanks for writing.

I’ve mentioned on the show in the past that this episode and Cash-Landrum might have both been experiments.

Yes the ideas have been out there.

I think I started kicking this around about 5 years or so ago, but never got much echo about it. If I'm not mistaken, you and I had correspondence about it. In any case, it makes more sense to me than an ET visitation. I'm not a debunker, as you well know, Gene. But if there's a logical, more prosaic explanation, I prefer to start there. In this specific case, I think the evidence is overwhelming that it was a man-made device and specifically, a military weapon. 73, Bob

Last edited:
NICK REDFERN UPDATE

I sent a copy of my post to Nick Redfern and got the following reply:

"Thanks Bob, very interesting! I actually have a piece in the book about the Greenham Common women and their demonstrations, and how technologies were used on them too".

I see a pattern here. It all seems to fit together, and it doesn't lead to ET. (BZ)

Reminder Listeners: We'll be recording this Episode Thursday, May 14th, from 6 until 8 PM Central Time. It's not too late to get your questions and comments for discussion in!

Back