• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Bostrom

Free episodes:

mkotschi

Paranormal Novice
Hello everyone,

Anybody have read be article about Dr. Nick Bostrom in the NYT?

Many of his ideas sound like Gnosticism updated for a computer savvy society, much like the Matrix but even more insidious.:(

I'd go a bit further than Dr. Bostrom, what if those running the simulation were not posthuman, but aliens. If that were true, at least some of the aliens could be Archons who set the experiment or whatever into motion. Other aliens, more the nuts and bolts type could have been originated here inside the simulation. Or perhaps they are the equivalent of `bots. This might account for some folks feelings that the aliens are deceitful, and at least some of the reports of aliens strange behaviour.

I realize that this is all conjecture, but I can't help having a gut feeling.

--michael

Back