• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Utah footage

I knew this reminded me of something, .... anyone remember the Morristown UFO's in the recent past??

Now if you take it one step further perhaps something falls out of, or is somehow timed, to eject from the lanterns to create another effect. Maybe it's even accidental. I don't doubt that people saw these things in Utah, but it bears a remarkable similarity to the Morristown UFO's, which became IFO's , ... which became "breakin the law"!!

I don't remember seeing anything like this with the Jerusalem stuff though. Of course, for me, I've seen enough to conclude that it is a hoax. Michael Cohen pats himself on the back for "breaking this story" and becomes the only source that sheds anything on this story, ... kinda fishy to me. I mean it's Cohen right?? He's brought us how many alien stories that have never got us a bit closer to anything except absurdity. Isn't that tantamount to Greer coming out and showing us the baby alien or Salla actually sitting in at the UN UFO briefing?? If Cohen did ever come up with something legit wouldn't it be just like the kid who cried "wolf"??

I see four lights (with one light resolving into two adjacent lights) maintaining the same distance and orientation -- changing gradually over the course of the video. Seems to me these are lights are attached to a single structure in the air -- somewhat V-shaped. Then there are lights that fall from the "formation" lights, dropping slowly until the apparently reach the ground.

My impression is that the "formation" lights are moving like a lighter-than-air vehicle. I seem to recall that there are apparently huge airships being used by special forces to quietly get them where they want to go. Though having bright lights announcing the presence of these ships -- and dropping other bright lights -- doesn't seem very secretive. Maybe a test in a remote area.

And the next two videos seem to show similar lights in a similar formation. Great you guys remembered!

I hate to say it (Actually saying it is bringing me enormous pleasure, ha ha) but I told ya' so!

Local artist behind the UFOs over American Fork, Utah? | ufoeyes

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

And additionally:

UFO mystery solved? - ABC 4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

Quote:

The Lehi man won’t say exactly how he gets those strange lights up in the sky but he admits he uses helium and flares along with some other sorts of apparatuses. "Let’s just say I use helium and it’s not Chinese lanterns up there nor planes with LED lights.”

Lol

Classic, we don't believe people who say they saw saw something 'without proof'. But we immediately an artist who 'won’t say exactly how he gets those strange lights up in the sky but he admits he uses helium and flares along with some other sorts of apparatuses. "Let’s just say I use helium and it’s not Chinese lanterns up there nor planes with LED lights.”

I might claim responsibility for the next one, it might get me my five minutes of fame. :)

cheers,
Chris

Classic, we don't believe people who say they saw saw something 'without proof'. But we immediately an artist who 'won’t say exactly how he gets those strange lights up in the sky but he admits he uses helium and flares along with some other sorts of apparatuses. "Let’s just say I use helium and it’s not Chinese lanterns up there nor planes with LED lights.”

I might claim responsibility for the next one, it might get me my five minutes of fame. :)

cheers,
Chris

So now not only is it an alien spaceship but a conspiracy as well. Oh my!

Btw, the other vids in this thread: also flares.

I guess some of you have failed to notice that hoaxing UFO events using flares has become like a national pastime in this country since the 1997 Phoenix Lights incident gave people the idea.

Lol, no not a conspiracy...just saying. The onus of proof is on all of us, not just the ability to claim :)

if this is the cause, then good, we have an answer, thats all we want isnt it?

cheers,
Chris

Its so unfortunate our cameras dont come with night vision.I feel were as helpless to understand our sightings as a bushman was 500 years ago.Despite our technological advantage....

Compelling though

If it's a hoax, it's a hoax. Personally, I've got a little trouble trusting this 'sky artist' who's claiming he did it all. By claiming responsibility he's also claiming he's been dropping burning stuff all over the ground. I don't know, I got a very strange feeling listening to this supposed hoaxer's 'confession'. But we'll see...

Btw, the other vids in this thread: also flares.

Well, the one I linked was Chinese lanterns. I'm sure you remember the Morristown stuff where a few guys went out and hoaxed everyone. As they did the hoax they took video of how they did it. Days after the event they confessed and showed the videos of them making and launching the UFO's. Of course they were a bit stupid as they let these things go next to the airport. So, I don't remember what happened to them, if they were actually arrested or not, but this Utah stuff reminded me of the same kind of thing.

And what was even more interesting was the perception of the objects just like in these Utah videos. People denied it could be flares or lanterns. The lights were fastened to some huge object right?? It amazes me the reaction that some people have over lights in the sky. It really varies from "whatever" to "OMG!! what the hell could that be, they are here". I'm not talking about anyone here on the forums, but the wintesses that encountered these things. Same in Phoenix.

I suppose you could say that this guy didn't hoax it, I didn't read up on it yet. I mean if someone came out and clamied responsibility for the Hudson Valley UFO's I suppose I would be skeptical because I think there may be some of that "I want attention" potential. But this sighting seems so unremarkable that I think it is believable. It's basically a lanterns with a twist, which is what I suggested earlier. Sure they guy says he didn't use lanterns, but probably a DIY one. Anyway it's always good to get more information and see an end to these things when they deserve one.

I'm quoting a comment left on the Discovery News' article that attempts to debunk the Jerusalem UFO videos. It's a little long, but you can skip to its end for the salient point:

Fred Kra
icon10-external-url.png

Well, it's clear that nobody involved with this article knows Jerusalem. And other things. That's okay for those simply commenting, but Mr. Radford, if you're going to make assertions without doing your homework, then you show nothing but your ignorance.

I speak as a longtime former Jerusalem resident, and am a lighting designer by profession.

1] "Judging by the size and distance of the dome it apparently hovers over, it would likely be not much bigger than a limousine."

In a 2-dimensional image, it is IMPOSSIBLE to judge size or distance, except relatively. However, if it actually is over the dome and is the size that it appears to be, then it is a SPHERE about the size of a limousine, and that would hold about five and a bit limousines in that space (An 18' limo takes up about 540 cubic ft. An 18' sphere takes up about 3050 cubic ft.)
Well. Not so small after all.

2) "For what is described to be (and seems to be) a brightly glowing object, it does not appear to reflect any light off the top of the Dome"

If it is only a little behind the dome, then no light that a camera could pick up would reflect back. However, that is really not necessary. Extremely dispersed, short focal-length light (NOT the same as short wavelength) tends to illuminate its own surface without radiating to any significant degree. The most basic examples are glow-in-the-dark paint or plastic, glowing fungi, etc. They're clearly visible in the dark but do not light anything else up. There's no reason to think that a race advanced enough to get here and move like that (crewed or, as is far more likely, unmanned) could not also have developed a far superior "glow-in-the-dark" than we have. Sort of a reverse laser - extremely dispersed light instead of extremely focused, so it appears bright but does not light up anything around it. We also already have technology that can limit or redirect some of the spectrum, so why should a clearly more advanced being not have extended similar technology into the part of the spectrum visible to human eyes, something we are less than a decade from producing. Most basic of all, the Old City is always lit up brightly, making it very difficult to pick up any ambient reflection at all, let alone with a phone camera. In short (though I could say more on this topic), there is no reason whatsoever to think that it must have reflected off the dome.

3] "Jerusalem is a religious center flooded with tourists. Although this event apparently happened at 1 a.m., shouldn't there be dozens of videos and eyewitness accounts?"

This one is your big stupid. January 28 was Friday night. The Sabbath night. Can use your brain a little and consider just what that means in the Holy City? Whether any given person is religious or not? On Friday at sundown the whole city STOPS. Every Friday night. Always. For millenia. No cars on the road except for the occasional Arab cab, and cops. Many go to shul. Then virtually ALL the city dresses their best and have the Sabbath dinner in their homes or the homes of friends or family within walking distance (almost everywhere in J'lem is walking distance.) This is not a religious thing so much as a Jerusalem cultural tradition. There's almost nobody out late at night on Friday night in Jerusalem. At all. Ever. For millenia. And if the occasional person were to be out late on a Friday night, they would almost never have or use a camera. I'm surprised so many vids actually showed up - most Jerusalemites would never admit to having filmed something on a Friday night even if they had. You just don't do that. Any who would do so would almost certainly be young people - teens most likely to disrespect cultural traditions. In short, your assertion that there should be more videos or eyewitness accounts is purest crap, showing nothing but your ignorance.

You didn't do your homework, or learn your topics to any reasonable depth, yet this is necessary to developing an informed opinion on anything.

Literally every point you make highlights your ignorance and nothing else - in truth, your points are such pathetically poorly informed sensationalism that your entire position is in fact a terrific argument in favor of the validity of the event.

One last thing. I moved away from Jerusalem a couple of years ago, but my friends and family are all still there. I did not learn about this from the news or YouTube, I learned about this, within about an hour of its occurance, from friends who saw it.

February-17-11, 7:30:12 PM
FlagLikeReplyDeleteEditModerate

You probably meant to put this in the Jerusalem thread and not this one I'm guessing.

This guy seems to have an axe to grind for some reason. I have to think there is some mysterious willingness to "want to believe" regardless of the lack of evidence for this "sighting". People will believe what they want and no amount of good reason will dissuade them. So, until something else comes from this, ... like even a single other witness (I mean they do have windows in Jerusalem right) there is really nothing else to go on except a few dubious videos. And when the only information we have is coming from a highly wacky source (Cohen) it just IMO is not credible.

This guy seems to have an axe to grind for some reason.
To me, he does not sound like someone grinding an axe with his arguments. But, I take your spin on it.
I also note that you are implicitly separating the Jerusalem, Utah, and now, Brazil videos. I think that is a mistake. There are common elements.

What are the common elements??

As far as I can tell, Utah is an admitted hoax. Haven't seen the Brazil stuff yet. Is it a huge bright mass lowering itself then shooting off or random amber lights in the sky?? I haven't seen any similarities between Jerusalem and Utah (other than they both appear to be hoaxes). What I am I missing??

What are the common elements??

As far as I can tell, Utah is an admitted hoax. Haven't seen the Brazil stuff yet. Is it a huge bright mass lowering itself then shooting off or random amber lights in the sky?? I haven't seen any similarities between Jerusalem and Utah (other than they both appear to be hoaxes). What I am I missing??
Admitted hoax by a very questionable hoaxer who conveniently refuses to provide details on how he hoaxed it. As for Brazil, instead of guessing what's on the video, why not take a look first, then comment on it?

To me, he does not sound like someone grinding an axe with his arguments. But, I take your spin on it.
I also note that you are implicitly separating the Jerusalem, Utah, and now, Brazil videos. I think that is a mistake. There are common elements.

For a textbook definition of entropy, please reference the cartwheels of futility that follows a little computer chicanery.

Back