• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New UFO mag out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paraschtick

Paragilmorian guy
And its got an interview with Emma Woods! Hopefully it will get her story out to a wider audience which is something I think she deserves to get some closure on. Only time will tell I suppose ... so get your UFO mag now ... :D (ok so I'll be done for advertising ... but isn't Bill Birnes still friends with the paracast??? :rolleyes:).

Best wishes

paraschtick

ps Oh and a new interview with Emma on the EncounTers Facebook page, here:

She goes more into the strange things that have happened to her over the years. Not listened to it yet, but my word some of her experiences are rather odd.

Hey I'm replying to my very own thread. How cool is that!!! :D

Just to add something else to this wee threadlet, if you still believe that Dr Jacobs is on the level you MUST listen to the new episode of Paratopia (yeah its gone all fee-pay-y I know ... blearrgghhh). At the beginning the two Js play an audio file which Emma herself has just come across (she remembered none of it until she stumbled over it whilst going through her hypnosis tapes) where Dr Jacobs attempts to coerce her into trying out a ... this made my jaw drop ... a chastity belt!!! And yes they still make them apparently since Dr Jacobs himself talks about looking for one in a BDSM sex shop! Do a google search and you will find some very quickly.

[Paratopia ... the platinum standard in paranormal radio ... hurr dee hurr ... can be found here: http://www.paratopia.net]

The guy really has no shame at all. He literally is the lowest of the low. And those people out there who still believe that he is a great guy, and an ethical researcher who is trying to help people figure out what is happening to them are either fools or idiots ... and probably a bit of both.

Good night, and good luck.

paraschtick

Part of the problem I have with this is that "Emma Woods" or whoever she is, is that she is clearly very savvy about the Internet, and there's no way to know if these audio recordings are out of context or to the degree to which they are edited. She claims to have only eliminated personal information that would identify her, but without the originals to compare, nobody knows.

I've also seen evidence of instability on her part, such as her excessive behavior, despite claiming she is normal. So, for example, Jacobs, in his response on this matter, appears to have changed a few words in his text from the original version. She has seized upon this to claim "major changes," which is definitely not true. You also wonder whether she checked the site every day and compared each and every turn of phrase to find evidence that something was different, which is not just excessive, but obsessive.

I tried to have a conversation with her in another forum, but this was the stopping point. She kept repeating her claims over and over again, and couldn't understand what I was trying to tell her, although I made the issue as simple as I could.

This isn't to say that I am in favor of the methods Jacobs uses to work with abductees. But, with over 150 people supposedly involved, it's curious that only one person has gone public to complain. That said, I would hope that qualified therapists would get involved and see whether hypnotic regression, by therapists of laymen, has any value in abduction research.

The guy really has no shame at all. He literally is the lowest of the low. And those people out there who still believe that he is a great guy, and an ethical researcher who is trying to help people figure out what is happening to them are either fools or idiots ... and probably a bit of both.

Maybe the language is ready for a new word...'fidiot?'

A combination of fool and f***ing idiot...fidiot.

'"You're a damn fidiot now get outta my face!" :D

ETA: someone's beat us to it again...Urban Dictionary: Fidiot

---------- Post added 10-31-2010 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-30-2010 at 11:49 PM ----------

This isn't to say that I am in favor of the methods Jacobs uses to work with abductees. But, with over 150 people supposedly involved, it's curious that only one person has gone public to complain. That said, I would hope that qualified therapists would get involved and see whether hypnotic regression, by therapists of laymen, has any value in abduction research.

Fair comment, but there's a bad smell around the abduction hypnotists in general. Mack was the only one to have a credible academic background and he's been gone for some time now. I'd like to see the abduction theorists seriously peer-reviewed and their 'patients' accounts studied objectively. If Hopkins/Jacobs are somehow defining perceived experiences in their clients they should be held accountable and prevented from continuing.

You make the point that it's curious only one of over 150 people have an issue with Jacobs. It's also curious that only Jacobs and a couple of other guys out of the thousands of hyno-therapists in the US keep finding evidence of alien abduction. Not only are they a sub-percentage of hypno-therapists in the US, they're practically alone in the international literature of regression accounts

'Emma Woods' is a serious red flag in the subject.

You make the point that it's curious only one of over 150 people have an issue with Jacobs. It's also curious that only Jacobs and a couple of other guys out of the thousands of hyno-therapists in the US keep finding evidence of alien abduction. Not only are they a sub-percentage of hypno-therapists in the US, they're practically alone in the international literature of regression accounts

'Emma Woods' is a serious red flag in the subject.
It comes back to the fact that few therapists will even touch the subject, or, if they do, prefer not to do so in public.

"Emma Woods," if truly victimized as she claims to be, is a red flag. That doesn't mean that she is just a regular person; her behavior clearly indicates that she has serious troubles and that, despite claiming to be normal, it appears that a good dose of therapy would be helpful. At any time during these sessions, she, as instigator of the phone calls, could have simply hung up the phone and gone back to her life. Unfortunately, an inordinate part of that life appears to be turning this issue into a public spectacle, which is unfortunate.

The Woods/Jacobs debacle kind of reminds me of the situation Robert Hastings is having with James Carlson. There are some people out there that never, ever let something die. You piss them off and it's war...forever.

The woman obviously has some serious problems. To take her story at face value would be irresponsible and pretty childish. As stated by several of us in another thread, we here don't have enough information to form intelligent opinions about what exactly happened. Jacobs appears to have had a lapse in judgment, but again, we don't know that. "Ms. Woods" has not given me any confidence in her claims that she is completely stable. It is a mess, but we will just have to figure out how to deal with the fact that we can't make any reasonable assessment from here, for the time being. Life's a bitch that way. The paranormal is especially ornery in that regard. Get over it.

The woman obviously has some serious problems. To take her story at face value would be irresponsible and pretty childish. As stated by several of us in another thread, we here don't have enough information to form intelligent opinions about what exactly happened. Jacobs appears to have had a lapse in judgment, but again, we don't know that. "Ms. Woods" has not given me any confidence in her claims that she is completely stable. It is a mess, but we will just have to figure out how to deal with the fact that we can't make any reasonable assessment from here, for the time being. Life's a bitch that way. The paranormal is especially ornery in that regard. Get over it.

She's convinced me that quite a few of her allegations are true and that Jacobs behaved irresponsibly. But what gets my goat about her is the extent of her commitment to this crusade. What does she want to happen anyway? Everybody in the UFO community knows about the story now. Mission accomplished. But she isn't satisfied. He has no medical license to strip so what is she seeking? Does she want him tarred and feathered, hung in the streets...what?

Theres no way to be sure, but Id put money on those tapes NOT being edited to alter the context.

Honestly, what's there left to discuss on that topic? Jacobs seriously took a big hit from it imho.

Theres no way to be sure, but Id put money on those tapes NOT being edited to alter the context.

They are admittedly edited. You have no way to know what was edited -- you have to take the word of a less-than-stable individual.

It is right to want to question a researcher's evidence and competence. The use of hypnosis to unearth memories is very controversial.

But I think we should be looking elsewhere for smoking guns.

Wow ... again my jaw drops to the floor. Do any of you guys who still are "sitting on the fence" on this one really believe that Emma is somehow editing these audio files?? Really?? She'd be a bloody audio file genius if she even could. Have you actually seriously sat down and listened to these audio files?? Have you read her accounts on her website?? Sure there is the odd edit for names and things like that and that was because she was considerate in leaving these parts private and not wanting to throw people's names around the internet. She is also extraordinarily consistent in the way she has gone about recalling what she can, and also you may also like to remember that she was hypnotised by someone who was reputedly an honourable, world leader in his field, and as it turns out isn't even a registered hypnotist.

And as for those who think Emma is messed up in the head somehow. You are talking about someone on a forum dedicated to strange and paranormal events. MOST PEOPLE out there in the real world would look at YOU being on this board as being messed up in the head. But attacking someone in an underhand way for being possibly mentally scarred after being hypnotised by someone who was not even a registered hypnotist (that is NOT Emma Woods' fault by the way, that is on Dr Jacobs' head squarely) and then having notions of MPD (that is Multiple Personality Disorder!!!) instilled in her under hypnosis (which he ADMITTED to ... a cardinal offence in itself) ... well to tell you the truth that is lower than low.

The cold hearted stupidity that some people have over this matter beggars belief. I find it so hard to believe that people can believe in UFOs and aliens, and ancient astronauts, ESP, telekinesis etc etc etc ... but find it hard to believe that someone in a position of power as Jacobs has been in for almost 30 years can be pure as the driven snow and is being stalked or defamed by a woman who he has abused.

And as for what Emma wants out of this. I guess she wants some kind of justice, and to protect other people from being harmed in the future. If I was abused by someone in such a fashion, I would want some kind of justice too ... not to just let it go and say "oh well if I don't stop now people might think I'm a fruitcake". If to be as determined as Emma has to get some justice over something as hideous as having someone poke around in your mind without even being certified to do so but for years lieing about it and getting away with it, and possibly even worse, well I think she is a bloody terrific fruitcake, and I want to be one too.

I routinely edit pauses, words, phrases on my two radio shows. It's a trivial task and something that anyone can master in a very short period of time.

When you show me my edit points on a typical episode, we can discuss this further.

As to "Emma Woods," her conduct when I tried to engage her in a logical discussion indicated to me she's anything but normal.

If you think I've said that Jacobs is "can be pure as driven snow," you have a serious reading comprehension problem and maybe you'd be better off not participating any further in these discussions. It's your choice, but I'm sick and tired of having what I've said repeatedly misinterpreted.

As to what "Emma" wants out of this, it's clearly beyond justice. She has achieved a degree of fame that would otherwise not exist by playing the victim, and if People magazine came to her, she'd exploit every second of it. None of that makes David Jacobs innocent, but that's the impression she conveys.

Indeed, if you want to investigate the work of Jacobs, fine. Let's do it. But I think that can be done with "Emma Woods" out of the picture, and we can see how he fares with other alleged abductees. Anyone up to that task, or are we going to stay stuck in this rut?

Gene i think its time to lock this thread. You have clearly stated what your experiences have been with this woman. If paraschtick wants to crusade for his "bloody terrific fruitcake" let him do it on another shows forums. This is just noise, not signal now.

Oh dear. This is exactly the kind of attitude that allows people like Jacobs and bullies to get away with what they do. I truly despair, I really do.

The reason why I back Emma up as I do, Ward... well its because Jacobs may have been adding to the "noise" for 30 years preventing any real signal to get through. I want to not only see any abuses that Jacobs may have perpetrated on the innocent and vulnerable, but I want to extinguish the noise that Jacobs has been putting out for years. If you truly believe in his monstrous and ludicrous notions of hybrids, sexual abuse, torture and other horrible crimes against the human race, I think that you, Ward and any others who may believe in this too is adding to the noise, most certainly not the signal.

Ok ... being constructive for a moment. Rather than me pointing out the edits in the Paracast episodes, Gene, why don't you attempt to reconstruct as it were one of Emma's audio files. There may be enough bits and pieces floating about the net as well as in Emma's audio files to make something up. If you can do it convincingly then I will concede that Emma may be making some of it up, and indeed may be constructing these audio files.

ps and remember guys and gals that if Emma is making anything up from the hypnosis tapes, Dr Jacobs could put all this to rest straight away since he taped the hypnosis sessions. Emma was only sent copies of the original hypnosis tapes. Therefore he has the "originals" and could just publish them as Emma has done with her audio files. I think it says a lot about this case that he hasn't so far.

And as for what Emma wants out of this. I guess she wants some kind of justice, and to protect other people from being harmed in the future. If I was abused by someone in such a fashion, I would want some kind of justice too ... not to just let it go and say "oh well if I don't stop now people might think I'm a fruitcake". If to be as determined as Emma has to get some justice over something as hideous as having someone poke around in your mind without even being certified to do so but for years lieing about it and getting away with it, and possibly even worse, well I think she is a bloody terrific fruitcake, and I want to be one too.

Justice? I think she wants more than that. His reputation in this field has already been ruined. 2 books he planned on publishing will almost certainly never see the light of day. She's won. But apparently that isn't good enough. Is her goal to utterly destroy him and leave him a broken, starving, old man huddled up under some newspapers on a street corner? Sometimes I get that impression.

And y'know, she needs to take on some personal responsibility here. She knew he wasn't a mental health professional, she knew he believed in alien hybrids, common sense says hypnosis over the telephone might not be a fantastic idea. I've listened to the tapes. She seems intelligent enough. None of these things were secret. If you willingly go marching into what looks like it may be a circus tent you shouldn't go feigning shock if you see a few clowns.

Oh dear. This is exactly the kind of attitude that allows people like Jacobs and bullies to get away with what they do. I truly despair, I really do.

The reason why I back Emma up as I do, Ward... well its because Jacobs may have been adding to the "noise" for 30 years preventing any real signal to get through. I want to not only see any abuses that Jacobs may have perpetrated on the innocent and vulnerable, but I want to extinguish the noise that Jacobs has been putting out for years. If you truly believe in his monstrous and ludicrous notions of hybrids, sexual abuse, torture and other horrible crimes against the human race, I think that you, Ward and any others who may believe in this too is adding to the noise, most certainly not the signal.

I tend to agree with your thoughts about Jacobs' abduction scenario. Even moreso when put in the context of the other people doing similar research and adding darker layers to the myth. There's the MiLab aspect that mixes chemtrail paranoia with military abductions. In these cases, people are being chipped, assaulted as in beaten and raped. These guys are hunting down the evil greys and using abductee families as bait. Some of the C2C shows have drawn heavily on this stuff with callers being taken on face-value as they recount horrifying tales.

If Jacobs has been wrong or 'creative' all these years, he'll be leaving a fairly negative legacy. It isn't worth getting angry about on the boards.

If Jacobs has been wrong or 'creative' all these years, he'll be leaving a fairly negative legacy. It isn't worth getting angry about on the boards.

The reason I get a bit het up about this is that I am seeing a guy who may have abused people for years getting away with impunity. The whole alien thing in the end is just a means to an end. And that end being abusing people for the thrill of it.

God its late here so my brain cell is closing down again. This is so clear to me I cannot understand how other people cannot see it. Its there in the hypnosis tapes that Jacobs taped HIMSELF. They are not edited by Emma as far as I can see ... and as for what she has got out of it so far: a couple of appearances on some really obscure podcasts and the villification of Jacob's followers and others in the UFO field who should know better. It really is rather disgusting. And as for poor Dr Jacobs. Well its his own fault as far as I can see so I have no guilt on that score ...

The reason I get a bit het up about this is that I am seeing a guy who may have abused people for years getting away with impunity. The whole alien thing in the end is just a means to an end. And that end being abusing people for the thrill of it.

God its late here so my brain cell is closing down again. This is so clear to me I cannot understand how other people cannot see it. Its there in the hypnosis tapes that Jacobs taped HIMSELF. They are not edited by Emma as far as I can see ... and as for what she has got out of it so far: a couple of appearances on some really obscure podcasts and the villification of Jacob's followers and others in the UFO field who should know better. It really is rather disgusting. And as for poor Dr Jacobs. Well its his own fault as far as I can see so I have no guilt on that score ...

Oh, c'mon, right or wrong there can be no question that he believes it. He wouldn't have acted the way he did if he didn't honestly believe there are real flesh and blood alien hybrids about. He might be completely mistaken but that doesn't make him someone abusing people for the thrill of it.

he reason I get a bit het up about this is that I am seeing a guy who may have abused people for years getting away with impunity. The whole alien thing in the end is just a means to an end. And that end being abusing people for the thrill of it.

God its late here so my brain cell is closing down again. This is so clear to me I cannot understand how other people cannot see it. Its there in the hypnosis tapes that Jacobs taped HIMSELF. They are not edited by Emma as far as I can see ... and as for what she has got out of it so far: a couple of appearances on some really obscure podcasts and the villification of Jacob's followers and others in the UFO field who should know better. It really is rather disgusting. And as for poor Dr Jacobs. Well its his own fault as far as I can see so I have no guilt on that score ..

Emma says she edited the recordings. The issue is their context, and the degree to which they were edited, and when you have someone who is clearly divorced from reality, anything is possible.

It seems to me that your perception is also clouded by a lack of reality here.

As to Jacobs, did you ever actually read his response on his site? Seems that very, very few of this woman's supporters have done that, and are willing to talk about it. If you do read it, you can accept everything he says about the episode as accurate, and that's extremely possible considering her behavior. But you'll also see evidence that he was in way over his head, and there's the real problem. The evidence is not the claims of an unstable individual.

If you are willing to move the discussion past "Emma Woods," go for it. If you want to remain stuck in neutral, let's end it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back