• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New source of fuel?

See now that is interesting. I mean we hear about these kind of breakthroughs now and then but nothing ever seems to emerge from it. So if this were to surface as a reliable adequate fuel it would be great. But the really interesting question I've been wondering about goes something like this:

What happens to the expected exchange of massive amounts of money due to the cap and trade "solution" when a technology comes along that makes the spewing of CO2 a non-issue at a cost that is half that of gasoline costs right now??

I have a hunch that some people wouldn't especially want this new non-CO2 spewing technology to come to fruition. I have the feeling that certain interests only want to "solve" the CO2 problem if it involves making their wallet fat. I would love to see a "solution" that takes care of the problem but nobody makes any money from it. Well, .. except the new technology company. And I'm fine with that if "gas" all of a sudden costs $1.50. Wait and see I guess.

If,...IF,..this is real, why is this not being screamed over every news channel? Why is this not being talked about on every talk show?
Cheap, producible fuel that has zero carbon emissions? Can go straight into your tank right now, as is? With no engine modifications?
And it wasn't on the news this evening?
I don't buy it. I've been fooled too many times in the past over "NEW DISCOVERY TO REVOLUTIONIZE ENERGY" reports, just to have them fade into the background, never to be heard from again.
I have a Popular Mechanics issue from 1978, and on the front cover it pictures this engine that was supposed to get over 100 miles per gallon. It wasn't just theoretical, the engine was supposed to have been actually built and operating at publication, and working just fine.
Then,.....nothing.
Sometime around 1983 my father I wrote to Pop Mechanics about that engine. We never received a reply, and I still have that issue in my library. It's in my "Fiction Written To Sell Copies" section.
And that's probably what this is.

If,...IF,..this is real, why is this not being screamed over every news channel? Why is this not being talked about on every talk show?
Cheap, producible fuel that has zero carbon emissions? Can go straight into your tank right now, as is? With no engine modifications?
And it wasn't on the news this evening?
I don't buy it. I've been fooled too many times in the past over "NEW DISCOVERY TO REVOLUTIONIZE ENERGY" reports, just to have them fade into the background, never to be heard from again.
I have a Popular Mechanics issue from 1978, and on the front cover it pictures this engine that was supposed to get over 100 miles per gallon. It wasn't just theoretical, the engine was supposed to have been actually built and operating at publication, and working just fine.
Then,.....nothing.
Sometime around 1983 my father I wrote to Pop Mechanics about that engine. We never received a reply, and I still have that issue in my library. It's in my "Fiction Written To Sell Copies" section.
And that's probably what this is.
In the early 70s an Australian guy by the name of Sarich developed an orbital engine that could get 100+ mpg. It was all over the news here in Australia. It came at a time when the middle east oil embargo was on and people were looking at ways to reduce our consumption of fossil fuel. Sarich's engine was bought by Shell and the more hopeful of people here were excited and believed we would see a production run of cars fitted with this engine.
Guess what? Nothing was ever seen or heard of that engine again. Funny that!

I agree. We'll probably never see anything about this beyond this article. I've seen way too much fraud in alt energy field to believe anything anymore. Even if this is true, I doubt that our "overlords" will allow this technology to mature since so much is invested into our current oil infrastructure. It sure nice to hope though.

Wow, thanks for the link. I did look for some peer reviewed papers that Prof Stephen B.published, and came up with a paper that talks about solving the problem of hydrogen storage using nanostructure fibers between 50 and 1000 nm in diameter to make the use of hydrogen safe. Everyone who has had chemistry in high school knows how easy it is to separate hydrogen from water. The issue is making it safe, and compressing enough of the gas to obtain the same energy that a liquid fuel would have. Great stuff and I will be following this technology. pb

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I'm definitely a conspiracy theorist in the sense that I believe most governments are in cahoots with trying to keep better technology out of the hands of the average person. Why? Because these governments will lose money by allowing people this better technology. Sure it would be great to have all that delicious technology that would make life easier and cheaper, but we likely won't ever see this new fuel in our gas stations. At least not within the next 50 - 100 years. I'd be willing to wager a bet on it.

Back