• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Sighting in Chicago

aaron said:
it seems that there was a UFO siting at Chicago's O'Hare airport back on November 7th of 2006. There is video as well.

In the sky! A bird? A plane? A ... UFO?

Thoughts?

Very interesting report. Strange how the FAA seems to be confirming it, yet united deny they have anything?

Just watched the video, think its one of the first I have seen on a news channel treating the UFO subject on an even keel. Thanks for posting.

Video Link -:

http://video.chicagotribune.com/glo...3D1&coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&rnd=29862846

idontunderstand said:
Very interesting report. Is there a link to the video? Thanks for posting.
There is a link to the video on the first page. Be warned though, it uses Windows Media Player

New Siting in Chicago

Cool, the first "big" citing of 2007, even though it took place last year! I wonder if anyone snapped a pic?

If anyone finds video from the biggies (MSNBC, CNN) let us know!

New Siting in Chicago

I find the FAA's response frustrating, but predictable. "A weather phenomenon"? This explanation is a bit insulting to the witnesses who in this case (especially the pilot and to a lesser degree the ground crew) deal with the weather directly on a daily basis. These were not individuals unaccustomed to observing the skies. It is also generally accepted in ufology that pilots are discouraged from reporting UFOs so the fact that these witnesses came forward adds credence to their testimony in my opinion.

I believe Stanton Friedman often comments (I'm paraphrasing) that one man's testimony can send another to prison while thousands of UFO witnesses testimony is brushed aside with ease.

Looks like 2007 is off to an interesting start:

2 stories about a UFO crash in South Africa:
News24, South Africa's premier news source, provides breaking news on national, world, Africa, sport, entertainment, technology & more.
News24, South Africa's premier news source, provides breaking news on national, world, Africa, sport, entertainment, technology & more.

-todd

New Siting in Chicago

This event had some radio hosts in my area talking about it which was odd to find out about. Strange how some cases breakthrough and others don't. Last big US ufo sighting that broke through really well was Pheonix Arizona and unfortunately, the actual ufo was hardly dealt with over the "flare" decoy vids. At least the last one in the US that comes to my mind.

The video wouldn't work for me. Was it just of a news report? There's no video of the ufo, correct?

Rumor has it that there is a witness with a photo, however is not wanting to come forth. Reportedly Peter Davenport is working on it.

New Siting in Chicago

All the related videos I've seen are just news footage with some generic shots of O'Hare - no UFO footage - though I think one clip did have a still from the Phoenix Lights case in it.

It would be beneficial if when cases like this to break through to the mainstream news that the media included or referred to reputable cases.

In cryptozoology, whenever Nessie hits the front page they still whip out the hoaxed surgeon's photo.

New Siting in Chicago

How do i see the video? Has the video been takin down by the government for purpuse of not letting people see the truth? i cant see the video !!!!!!!:cool:

New Siting in Chicago

From the AP article:

"Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," Cory said. "That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low (cloud) ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things."

The FAA is not investigating, Cory said.

So does the FAA sweep this under the rug so nobody sees it, or do they genuinely not care? Seems it would be in their interest if alien craft were inside restricted airspace around a major U.S. airport.

I want to know if there's any video of this thing. I'd have to imagine that a huge airport like O'Hare has an extensive surveillance system, inside and out. Maybe???

New Siting in Chicago

This evening Countdown with Keith Oberman on MSNBC did a story on the sighting.

New Siting in Chicago

No mention of any videos of the ufo yet. Only what I consider a rumor of a witness with a photo, which Peter Devenport is looking into I heard.

Newsweek Article on Chicago Sighting

From January 4:

It's nice to see this get continued and in this case, respectful, coverage.

-todd

New Siting in Chicago

Saw this on fark and thought it was kinda funny

aircraft.jpg

Back