• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New shows

M

michael

While the UFO shows are fascinating, are there any plans to do some shows that cover subjects like ghosts and hauntings? Or how about another show discussing Bigfoot or other strange creatures?

Or if you're going to stick with UFOs for awhile, how about trying to get Frank Feschino Jr. on to talk about the Braxton County monster incident? I don't think I've ever heard an interview with him before.

michael said:
While the UFO shows are fascinating, are there any plans to do some shows that cover subjects like ghosts and hauntings? Or how about another show discussing Bigfoot or other strange creatures?

Or if you're going to stick with UFOs for awhile, how about trying to get Frank Feschino Jr. on to talk about the Braxton County monster incident? I don't think I've ever heard an interview with him before.
We absolutely plan to cover a wide range of topics, including more strange monsters, and another episode about ghosts. However, there has been so much action on the UFO subject, it's hard to ignore it.

But stay tuned . . .

Thanks Gene. Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in the UFO phenomenon, but also enjoy other paranormal stuff from time to time.

Thanks again for a very informative and very professional podcast!

Mike

michael said:
Thanks Gene. Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in the UFO phenomenon, but also enjoy other paranormal stuff from time to time.

Thanks again for a very informative and very professional podcast!

Mike
I just wanted to tell your listeners that we have shows coming up featuring a very articulate psychic, and Dr. Steven Greer has consented to appear in a near-future episode.

There's much more to come.

How about getting John Lear on the show. This guy comes out with some crazy way out there theories, of course he can't back any of it up but he does make for good listening.

Aspie said:
How about getting John Lear on the show. This guy comes out with some crazy way out there theories, of course he can't back any of it up but he does make for good listening.

Aspie,

If The Paracast was about silly entertainment, I'd consider it, but honestly, I don't think Lear has anything constructive to add to a conversation seeking useful truth and answers about the UFO phenomenon. I don't really want to give Lear any credibility by engaging him in debate, or giving him a platform.

dB

meier & horn give ufo research a bad name. however there are some credible folks out there. the two most compelling stories i've heard are the walton and hill cases. how about an interview with travis walton?

the thing that puzzles me about walton's story is the size of the craft. he said it was only 25 feet in diameter. that's not very big. in fact, if maintaining a reasonable scale, that would only make it four or perhaps five feet high at most. again, that's small.

Keep up the UFO topics as much as you can, especially when you get guys like Ken Thomas. I LOVED that show. I was just discussing the news and all stories lead back to energy, which leads back to UFO's. There are only 3 degrees of separation between any modern news story and the secret cabal.

Hi all

It occurs to me from reading the contents of the Paracast Forum that the population of the USA has now simply decided that their own government is deliberately withholding information. To me, an outsider, the focus of this is wrong in many ways. Let me explain:

Oswald shot Kennedy. He was a good shot. Why did he miss with his first shot? Well, common sense tells me that he might well have had a direct line of vision through the tree but bullets don't fly straight, their trajectory is a parabolic curve. The first shot must have hit the tree and bounced of elsewhere.

Marilyn Monroe took an accidental overdose of nembutal. That's it.

Bobby Kennedy was not killed by the convicted assasin, but was accidently killed by the guard who was trying to protect him. When Kennedy fell back he bumped into the guard who had by now withdrawn his gun. The guard accidently discharged the weapon thereby firing the bullet into the back of Kennedy's head. There's no point in prosecuting this guy. He was doing his best to save Kennedy. No conspiracy involved, just common sense by the prosecuting attorney.

So what is a topic worthy of a new show?

Why not a look at how people in a beaurocracy try to hide things that they have done wrong. It's the little people, the middle managers, that do this. I remember that the RAF had a go at influencing the weather with cloud seeding and the result was that an entire village got washed away, killing many of the residents. Did the UK government know about it? No. The simple result was that the project got filed away and was then forgotten.

The United States is awash with such things. Look at the Argus debacle in 1958

Gallery of U.S. Nuclear Tests
Operation Argus

Low and behold, in the early 1990s some scientists discovered that there was a great big hole in the ozone layer (I wonder why). Now there's a beaurocratic problem. Can anybody admit that they completely f***ed up. No, the people who are currently in the positions of responsibility are not the same people that created the mess 20 or 30 years earlier. So what do they do? They launch an investigation as to what could possibly have caused this. What do they find? The hole in the ozone layer was caused by too many sheep in New Zealand farting too much. Curiously, nobody has culled the sheep and nobody has told the sheep to stop farting, so why hasn't the hole grown much bigger? Take a guess.

What about Area 51? Why is it so big? Now there's one of the truly great conspiracy topics. Let's have a quick look at it. Go to the Google satellite and zoom in on Groom Lake. Pan back a bit and move westward a few miles. What do you see? You see hundreds on craters caused by underground nuclear explosions. Would it be safe to let Joe Public in there? I doubt it. Now, what is the beaurocratic problem? The problem is quite simple. Who knows what effect these tests have had on the Cascadia Subduction Zone

http://www.ess.washington.edu/SEIS/PNSN/HAZARDS/CASCADIA/cascadia_zone.html

or, the San Andreas fault system. Does anybody in authority want to admit to the American public that the Government might have been responsible for causing an almighty shift in the Pacific plate. No way Jos?. The best thing to do is just seal off the area and forget what was really happening there.

Now, currently there is the question of HAARP. This might be secreted away in Alaska, but it is still ongoing. Now there's a topic for a new show. Indeed, Nick Begich would be an interesting guest.

I could go on, ... and on.

Woody

Woody Sideman said:
Hi all

It occurs to me from reading the contents of the Paracast Forum that the population of the USA has now simply decided that their own government is deliberately withholding information. To me, an outsider, the focus of this is wrong in many ways. Let me explain:

I could go on, ... and on.

Woody

Your post makes the point about the government's middle managers and incompetence. Fine. Except I've worked in the government and the military and they aren't all THAT incompetent. I've got a brother with the same attitude about conspiracies; that there isn't anyone in the government who can keep a secret. Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

In the meantime, another suggestion for a possible story/guest: Greg Palast. Here's an excerpt from an article in AcresUSA in 2003 about the REAL conspirators ("One Corporate World" June 2003 http://www.acresusa.com/toolbox/articles.htm ) :

ACRES U.S.A.: The newspapers and
national media certainly seems uninterested
in investigating this topic.

PALAST.: People have this grand vision
that corporations get together in a room
with the big political leaders and the big
leaders in media, and plan what they?re
going to do to our laws, and how they?re
going to sell it to us through the media. It
sounds like a crazy, berserk conspiracy
theory. However, I have the minutes of
these meetings ? I actually have the minutes
of these meetings. They have something
called the High-Level LOTIS
Group, and the LOTIS Committee. It
stands for Liberalization Of Trade In
Services. At the moment, U.S. guys can?t
participate because we have open records
rules, which are going to change soon
under the Patriot Act. But the political
leaders of Europe meet with the captains
of finance of America and Europe,
whether it's Goldman Sachs, Citibank,
Prudential, or whoever else. One of the
most amazing things in one of the meetings
is when they talk about how to sell
globalization to the public. They can't figure
out how to sell this thing to the public,
because they can't figure out what the
benefits of globalization really are to the
average person. They actually sat there
and said, ?Why don't we pay some professors
a bunch of money, and get them to
come up with a study that shows that
globalization is good for people?? Then
the officer for Reuters, the big news service
agency that's in every big paper on the
planet, said, ?You come up with the material,
and we'll help you out, we'll place
the stories in our papers.? It really freaked
me out to find this propaganda system to
sell people on the means of their own economic
destruction.

Dan
What's in YOUR food? Buy less, Buy local. It's the only way to be sure.

Your post makes the point about the government's middle managers and incompetence. Fine. Except I've worked in the government and the military and they aren't all THAT incompetent. I've got a brother with the same attitude about conspiracies; that there isn't anyone in the government who can keep a secret. Sure. Keep telling yourself that.
[/quote]

Hi auntiegrav

I think you missed the point. I'm not saying that middle managers are all incompetent, neither are the military. What I'm saying is that sometimes decisions are made without proper consideration of the facts. This generally only happens when the facts are unknowable, such as exploding warheads in space. Did anybody really know that much about the ozone layer at the time the decision was made.

Human beings have a tendency to 'suck it and see', and this component of human nature is not restricted to beaurocrats. I too was a beaurocrat for 20 years. I'm sure that some of the decisions that I have made have resulted in potential embarassment for the current incumbants. It would be only natural for them to stick the file away and forget about it. It my case the consequences would be very minor because I was a very small fish. Nevertheless, the same process applies to big decisions.

Finally, your idea for a new show looks promising.

Woody

Any thought of interviewing someone from the Edgar Cayce organization?

Edgar Cayce' s Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.) - Edgar Cayce readings: Spiritual Growth, Health, Ancient Mysteries

I've heard Charles Thomas Cayce, and John Van Auken - both give intelligent, thoughtful interviews - as does Sidney D. Kirkpatrick, author of the biography; "Edgar Cayce: An American Prophet."

If you're interested in the topic of psychic phenomena, there's a treasure of well-documented information on Cayce's incredible ability (both in and out of the sleep-like trance he gave his famous "Readings" from).

Back in the 80's I visited the Cayce (A.R.E.) library in Virginia Beach and remember reading a framed newspaper article, mounted on the wall, that told about how Cayce solved a murder mystery in Canada. He was there on vacation with his family when someone connected to the case heard he was in the country and asked him to do a reading. He agreed, and was so detailed in his revelations - identifying the killer and location the missing gun had been thrown in a river; even giving it's serial number - that the authorities initially thought he must have been involved. Then it was proven he wasn't in the country when it happened, and the man he implicated (someone he'd never met) confessed.

Dennis

David and I wanted to let you listeners and site visitors know about some upcoming guests, so here's the tentative schedule (always subject to change, of course :)

October 8, 2006: Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman and UFO investigator George Knapp.

October 15, 2006: Michael Mott, a researcher into inner Earth mysteries. Also, a compelling discussion about an incredible life-after-death experience.

There's a lot more to come.

Hi Gene.

You seem to have hopped-over my post about a Cayce-oriented interview. I'm just wondering if it's a possibility, or even a consideration; maybe the wheels are already turning, etc.

Dennis

d.braun said:
Hi Gene.

You seem to have hopped-over my post about a Cayce-oriented interview. I'm just wondering if it's a possibility, or even a consideration; maybe the wheels are already turning, etc.

Dennis
It is definitely in our list of possibilities. But it's not just wanting to discuss a topic, but finding an interview subject who can not only provide an entertaining and informative segment, but is willing and able to do the show according to our schedules.

Since most of our stuff is prerecorded, scheduling isn't a problem right now, although we will begin to have a larger percentage of live content in the future.

I don't really want to give Lear any credibility by engaging him in debate, or giving him a platform.

Lear doesn't debate. He tells you how he knows it is and who gives a crap if you don't believe. You want to question and not believe, fine it's your grave, he did a favor by delivering the info. That's pretty much the extent of Lear's "debating."

What is certainly interesting about Lear are his credentials. I'd rather hear someone who has done in depth investigation into Lear than Lear himself. There's only one thing I've ever heard about Lear: crackpot. Sorry, that's insufficient due to his background.

Guest Suggestion

Gene & David-

One of the many reasons that I enjoy your show is the critical forum in which you host your guests. You both rightly challenge guests which I believe is necessary given the controversial nature of much of the topics covered.

One thing that has come up many times with guests involved in the UFO field is the issue of mankind's vanity with respect to the UFO phenomena (and the paranormal in general). To me, this topic of mankind's narrow view of it's own importance despite our novelty is as fascinating as the paranormal subjects themselves. Speaking in generalities, why are so many quick to embrace religion, but relectant to recognize the existence of the supernatural in the present?

Are there any psychologists or sociologists who would appear on The Paracast to discuss this prevalent paradigm? I think it would be fascinating to listen to someone from the field discuss the very nature of belief and perception with respect to the paranormal. It's obviously a vast subject but worth delving into.

Thanks,
Todd

I'd like to offer up (again) Joe Firmage as a possible future guest - a successful tech entrepeneur and articulate activist for the "para-future".

I know he's been on twice already, but I'd like to see Kenn Thomas on the show again. A very intelligent and eloquent speaker who covers such a wide
range of paranormal / conspiracy topics - and manages to connect most of them!

I'd like to see someone from more "mainstream" science talk about what they think of the paranormal - a skeptics view. I think it would be interesting to hear the other side of the arguments. Why do mainstream scientists generally want to disprove or ignore paranormal subjects?

Back