• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NEW loch ness footage!

Vid didn't work until I refreshed 3 times. So try that if you have that problem.

I hope they can get a size estimate. So far my bets are on an otter.

I think this one looks pretty good. If it were just something dark that appeared as a head it could be explained as another one of those errant waves. But since you can see it is actually pretty long and dark in the water, I don't know that they can use the wave theory to dismiss it.

I wonder if the original video was longer. I would like to see how it all ended.

neuromancer said:
u cud catch the vdo at cnn.com as well. or there is always utube!

I couldn't stand the text left on the screen. What a selfish prick the person is who did that. It totally distorted the view and sure did help anyone "see" this better.

For a stabilized version of the video, go to this thread on Bigfootforums:

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=19074

Here are terrific quotes from a few of the BFF posters. In reply to a poster who recited the standard objections to the possibility of Nessies existing in the loch, "Morgoth" replied:

"You are right on every point, but what a difference a day makes. This video is going to be HUGE. This is going to be Nessie's PGF [Patterson-Gimlin Film]."

Crytodon posted:
"Let's see Penn and Teller make jokes about their 'balless eel' now. For the moment ... I shall bask in the validation of being a crypto-geek."

Morgoth again:
"It's going to take more than a wet blanket to cover up this beastie.
"This IS Nessie. But what Nessie actually IS will be the subject of much debate. Either that or it's a publicity stunt for The Water Horse movie coming out this summer.

"Watch the worldwide publicity and reaction. Trace the trajectory of the bloggers. Study the global flow of information. Then learn. Because this is a dress rehearsal for Bigfoot's big debut."

FanOfSquatch posted:
"The CNN clip shows nothing but Morgoth's clips got me thinking that there is more to it than a video/water/wind effect. My uncle spent quite a few years over there fishing the lochs and he says no doubt about it, it's the eels everyone is seeing."

cottonzway said:
I couldn't stand the text left on the screen. What a selfish prick the person is who did that. It totally distorted the view and sure did help anyone "see" this better.

Interesting, the text was in the center of my screen.

pixelsmith said:
great video of an eel. those things get huge.

That came to mind too, but there wasn't enough wiggle for me to favor it over a otter. It's been awhile since I've seen eel footage though. Eel, otter and seal as Reaven mentioned are on the table.

pixelsmith said:
ever seen a 4 foot minnesota muskellunge?

I just looked that up. It's a kind of pike huh? While it would scare me if I was in the water with it, there is just something inherently more creepy about the serpentine body form that an eel or snake has.

Brian Now said:
I just looked that up. It's a kind of pike huh? While it would scare me if I was in the water with it, there is just something inherently more creepy about the serpentine body form that an eel or snake has.

yeah...have you ever seen the eel segment on the "weird foods" show? the more they're handled, the slimier they get....*shiver*

edit: no, this is not a thinly veiled Freudian reference

Back