• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New interview with Ted Roe.

It just came out today. Marsha Barnhart interviews NARCAP's Ted Roe on API Case Files. Plus other goodies.

I would imagine that most skeptics would say the interview was very scientifical. API ( Aerial Phenomena Investigation ), the ufology interest group hosting the interview posted a list of differences between science and pseudoscience on their blog. One of the factors is that, "science invites criticism" while pseudoscience doesn't. Ted appeared on the Paracast back on June 18 2014, after which time I engaged him on some contentious issues ( discussion starts here ). Ted's attitude to my concerns can be summed up in this one sentence of his: "Telling him "No" wasn't good enough." This latest interview perpetuates the same problems, so I won't bother going into all that again this time ( though there are some real gems to had ). Some might also be interested in this Ripoff Report on API.

Anyway, enough of the politics. What I would mainly like to point out in this post is something else from the new interview that piqued my curiosity: Extreme Ball Lightning. So I looked it up and found this page:

First Installment Extreme Ball Lightning

Of particular interest was this quote from a ball lightning sighting in County Donegal, Ireland that happened back in 1868:

"I at once examined its course, and found a hole about 20 feet square, where it [ the ball lightning ] first touched the land, with the pure peat turned out on the lea as if it had been cut out with a huge knife."
The above quote reminded me of a similar happening connected with the Hessdalen Lights project ( also mentioned in the new interview ):

Project Hessdalen Intro
( Disrupted turf segment starts at 3:00 mins. )

Last edited:
Once again, this interview shows NARCAP and Ted Roe to be very serious and respectable. NARCAP appears to be more scientific than MUFON.

Back