• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New blood for the field?

Free versions of recent episodes:

campbell71

Skilled Investigator
My 4 year old son likes the show.

I download the show on a Monday morning and spend the rest of the week listening in 20/25 min sections as I drive to and from work. Part of the journey involves dropping my son off at childcare enroute and as I listen to the podcast my son has started asking questions. Normally I don't mind answering but recently its gotten tougher to give him satisfactory answers:

A (my son - i wont give his full name): Whats an alien daddy? Are they like Ben 10 Aliens (Ben 10 being his favourite show)?

Me: erm.... not quite...

A: What do the aliens do? Do they turn into people?

Me: ahhhh.. again I don't know.

A: Will they try to take my teddy bears when I'm asleep?

Me: I don't think they'll do that.

A: Where are they from? Have they got a special zoomy space ship?

Me: They may well do - oh look we're at nursery now

The journey from our house to nursery is mercifully short. He gets dropped off before he can really start to go into Spanish Inquisition mode...

But still, at least he's listening and asking questions....

Ben 10 has some interesting concepts,

The Omnitrix is a mysterious watch-like alien device that allows the user to transform into various alien forms by combining the DNA of the selected alien with the user's own DNA

Back