• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Axe!

methshin

Japans Underground Robot Army
JACKSON+SLSMG+BLACK.JPG

Jackson SLSMG.

Changed the pickups out for Dimarzio D Activator neck and bridge pickups. This thing is made of mahogony, neck thru design, 24 tight frets, thin neck (don't have the measurements), weighs a good 3 - 4 pounds lighter than a les paul, but has killer sound. Ebony fretboard, pearl inlays, and a Jackson headstock like I have never seen before.

Yeah the headstock is a bit different, starting to look like one of those Ibinhad's.
Real sexy though and definitely, "None more Black"

I have the itch again for another guitar, will let you know.
Oh but I love this bit where all those curvy shiny bodies are on your mind all day, and you find yourself fantasizing over which one you want to get your hands on, and what sweet music you will make together, Ha..

Or am I the only one that does that? :redface:

Mark

I've got a Fernandez, which I picked up years ago specifically for the Sustainer pickup. It had a whammy-bar and floating trem, with one of those awful locking nut nightmares. I finally broke down just last week and took it to a guitar tech who specializes in yanking off those floaters and putting in a stoptail bridge, so I can finally play it like a normal person. It's a Revolver, if I'm not wrong. Overall, a nice instrument, but nothing too outrageous. It's the only guitar I've slapped stickers onto, would never do that with my main axes, but it seemed just fine on this one, which I bought years ago for under $400 because they were blowing out the color. Like I care! :D

dB

I've got a Fernandez, which I picked up years ago specifically for the Sustainer pickup. It had a whammy-bar and floating trem, with one of those awful locking nut nightmares. I finally broke down just last week and took it to a guitar tech who specializes in yanking off those floaters and putting in a stoptail bridge, so I can finally play it like a normal person. It's a Revolver, if I'm not wrong. Overall, a nice instrument, but nothing too outrageous. It's the only guitar I've slapped stickers onto, would never do that with my main axes, but it seemed just fine on this one, which I bought years ago for under $400 because they were blowing out the color. Like I care! :D

dB

Love floating trems with double lock nuts! My other jackson has a floyd and I love doing divebombs and shit with it, you can really make your guitar scream, though you do have to take it in twice a year to a techie to get it all set up and strung, cause stringing one of them is not worth it.

Love floating trems with double lock nuts! My other jackson has a floyd and I love doing divebombs and shit with it, you can really make your guitar scream, though you do have to take it in twice a year to a techie to get it all set up and strung, cause stringing one of them is not worth it.
A Gotoh Wilkinson with locking-tuners and a graphite nut works pretty well for my purposes. It pulls up 1 1/2 steps, after sanding some wood from where it would normally stop on the body. Dive-bombing causes the G string come back a little sharp, so I always follow big dips with a bend on the G to pull some slack back.
Speaking of tremolos, check out what Jeff Beck can do with Strat tail. God, that guy is a bad-ass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1x_IVpr1oso&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1x_IVpr1oso&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I've got a Fernandez, which I picked up years ago specifically for the Sustainer pickup.

Are you into Fripp or Belew? :D I've had an EBow for years, but have been wanting to get a sustainer.

Hey, we seem to have a lot of musicians here! I guess artsy people are drawn to the paranormal, or actually, the other way around.

Who else is a musician here, and what do you play? What kind of music do you like?

I play bass and guitar and also keys and sing. Started playing in about 1969.

I like a lot of different music, with my favorite artists being The Beatles, King Crimson, XTC, Gentle Giant, Yes, Return to Forever, Deerhoof, Imani Coppola, and early 80's New Wave. ;)

Oh and I build guitars too.

Anyone have links with their music?

MySpace Music Page

DavidRavenMoon;61558 Oh and I build guitars too. Anyone have links with their music? [URL="http://www.myspace.com/davidschwab" said:
MySpace Music Page
[/URL]
That tele/Les Paul hybrid you built is sweet. If you ever get tired of it laying around cluttering up the place, I'll gladly take it off your hands.;)
I've got a few tunes I recorded posted here.
John Rouse on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

That tele/Les Paul hybrid you built is sweet. If you ever get tired of it laying around cluttering up the place, I'll gladly take it off your hands.;)

Thanks! It's actually right in front of me leaning on my desk. I go through phases of playing it constantly and and then not much at all. Just recently my go-to axe was a FirstAct Garagemaster that I made new pickups for.

I've got a few tunes I recorded posted here.
John Rouse on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Cool stuff. Great song titles too!

Just found this and thought of everyone. I love the G cramp capo idea and those plates he screws into the fretboard.

Mark

Just found this and thought of everyone. I love the G cramp capo idea and those plates he screws into the fretboard.

Mark

Love it when a musician can present counterpoint on a single instrument. I've wanted to see this guy play for a while.

Maybe this should go in a thread related to Mental Illness, but ever since you started this thread methshin youv'e got me all worked up again, and Man have I got the hots for this little beauty or what;

http://www.gbase.com/gear/g-and-l-legacy-2009-fullerton-redhttp://www.gbase.com/gear/g-and-l-legacy-2009-fullerton-red

The worst of it is that last week at work we were all notified that six of us are to be made redundant, dont know who yet though. I think I'm safe but I cant afford to be too confident. Please, please, please HELP put the brakes on me you might save my marriage :).

Mark

Back