• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New 2005 Phoenix lights footage? (w/ video)

P

Paranormalfreak101

Check out this interesting video I found on Youtube. This video shows mysterious lights going into formation. The footage was shot in Phoenix, Arizona on June 5th, 2005. Also posted is the origanal Phoenix lights footage.

Paranormalfreak101 said:
Check out this interesting video I found on Youtube. This video shows mysterious lights going into formation. The footage was shot in Phoenix, Arizona on June 5th, 2005. Also posted is the origanal Phoenix lights footage.

Hi. It's been proven to be a hoax. Guy even basically confessed. I'll try and find info. on it.

Paranormalfreak101 said:

My eyes tell me that the first video is a CGI hoax - d-oh, beaten to it...

A.LeClair said:
Here's some info. on the hoax etc.

Scroll down past Sylvia Brown's purty wittle head. It's at the bottom.
http://ufowatchdog.com/hall6.html

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/2005/jun/m18-016.shtml

BRIAN BESSENT - Google Search

I've seen demonstrations on how he did the video. Or atleast how he could have did it. Hopefully one of the links in the search results deals with it.

...But that SECOND ONE! Man, that looks JUST like the Phoenix Lights to me ;)

tomlevine1 said:
...But that SECOND ONE! Man, that looks JUST like the Phoenix Lights to me ;)

Yep. I almost mentioned that I was referring to the first vid only, but figured people would figure it out. If they didn't, I'd probably just get flamed, which I'm used to.

Well, the Phoenix lights are still an interesting phenomena to discuss. But have you ever noticed that most UFO reports involve lights in the night sky? (I call it the "Night light phenomenon" due to all the reports of multiple lights gathering into mysterious formations and such.)

Paranormalfreak101 said:
Well, the Phoenix lights are still an interesting phenomena to discuss. But have you ever noticed that most UFO reports involve lights in the night sky? (I call it the "Night light phenomenon" due to all the reports of multiple lights gathering into mysterious formations and such.)

Yes lights in the sky are common. I take little interest in most of them. If they move in unconvientional ways, and/or are picked up on radar etc. that interest me. But a venus looking object stationary in the sky doesn't. Unless I'm star gazing. Before someone flames.... Yes, I know Venus isn't a star. You can still be interested in planets while star gazing.

Greetings all! Great discussions. Thanks for posting the links to the Phoenix Lights "original" footage! This has been a sore spot for me for quite a while but I never had the footage to show in support of my comments: THIS IS NOT THE ORIGINAL FOOTAGE! It was shown as late as this AM 3/30/07 on a national morning news show.

In the original footage, the background behind the city was dark, and a string of lights "appeared" in the distance. They were the high-altitude flares (as claimed by the military) being dropped by the A-10 and/or C-130 aircraft. The actual footage does not start until the stings of flares have descended for quite a while. Beyond the city yet in front of the training area is a mountain range (quite visible on Google Earth). As the flares were dispensed, naturally the first out, on the right, are lower than those closer to the plane heading to the left. The separate strings formed a crude chevron shape ("triangle") as they descended. As the string reached the visual height of the mountain, they were of course obscured, one by one. As the angle of the top mountain itself is higher in the middle and sloping down left and right, the blank dark shape of the mountain is essentially outlined by the flares disappearing downward, giving the impression that the lights were outlining a large trangular shape (which they were, it was the mountain!).

In the original footage, the background, including the mountain, was too dark to see. After the footage was released, a follow up was done by a guy investigating the footage. He went to the same site used in the first video, and made a second video that had enough light to show the shape of the mountain. He then superimposed the two videos. It was perfectly clear that each and every descending light (ie flare), disappeared at the exact moment that it was obscured by the edge of or trees on the mountain. Mystery solved for this particular footage? Not really. This simple explanation did nothing to earn viewers and ratings. Subsequently, a majot network did an investigation of "UFO Sightings" featuring the Phoenix Lights. So, which version of the footage did they use?? The dark one of course, with no mountain visible and no mention of it either. It gets much worse though!

It might have been obvious to viewers what was happening, so with clear intent to deceive, they showed the "original footage", yet ran it BACKWARDS!!
Thus, one sees a large set or lights "coming on" around the edge of a large back trainglular shape, and rising up as they go.

On the linked "You Tube" posting, one can see the backwards footage showing the "rising" lights. That just isn't the way it happened!

There were in fact other sightings in and around that same time that were quite interesting and perhaps legitimate. It is sad that this obvious deception serves to taint the credibility of the many other honest witnesses to actual events.

Comments welcome!

-Merlhen

Paranormalfreak101 said:

Hi there.

I'm wondering, why do people continue to believe that there is something "paranormal" about the "Phoenix Lights" when it has been well established that the lights were simply flares falling behind a mountain range.

BTW, I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but there was an astronomer out that night, saw the lights, aimed his telescope at the lights (it wasn't one of those ginormous facilities, but a high quality portable telescope) looked at them and then turned his telescope away because they weren't very interesting.

I cannot remember if this was a personal contact from an IIG member or a published account. If it was published I will try to find the link to it.

Regardless of this one account, there have many explanations that there was nothing unidentified about the lights. So, why do people continue to believe that the lights were UFOs?

Derek-
More or less because the "main" sighting (flares, and well established) is confused or overshadows the prior sightings of that night, in which people claim to have seen a structured object roughly V shaped. There is unfortunately, only one video of this event, however it was seen by many.

What Dilettoso tends to publicly say is that the main sighting were not flares, because his fictional analysis says so. You know as well as I do he claims to do spectral analysis on video (a physical impossiblity), and claims the light are not flares (when it's been conclusively proven they are).

It's the publicity of the main sighting that confuses the whole night. I have spoken with Air Natl. Guard MD and they did indeed confirm the flare drop under "Project Snowbird" for that night.

Regardless of this one account, there have many explanations that there was nothing unidentified about the lights. So, why do people continue to believe that the lights were UFOs?

I have actually talked to a major witness in person, and the lady was straight forward- honest, and did not receive any money for her appearance at the venue in which I saw her. Standing with many others around her---I shook her hand, looked her in the eye - and asked her if her kids would lie (trying to rattle her and get her to contradict her story)but- she said no. The point being - they didn't even see the flares - that happened way later, after the 'other Phoenix Lights event"......she said. I've also read many reports - listened to many interviews on the TV documentaries - and the Flares weren't even in the direction of where the 'average' folk saw the Triangle...- let alone at the same time. 2 events happened at Phoenix - sure - one was probably flares - but what needs to happen - is the US Military needs to give more information - and wide spread for all to see. I'd love to see video footage taken tomorrow night from the same place....and have the Military go out and duplicate March 13th 1997 flare drop,,and let 3 different cameras film it.....at the same time of night- same place...with different focal lengths - then we'll go from there......

MarsAve

Back