• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mystic Fireball in Sweden (picture)

Free episodes:

cq0

Skilled Investigator
Hello!

There has been news coverage of a fireball over northern Sweden.

Picture

Mystiskt ”ljusklot” förbryllar Värmland | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Personally I believe that this is a meteorite but there are people with other theories like always.

From eyewitnesses:

Blue streak over sky

Orange in Color

People have heard a sonic boom

Big explosion on impact

"My house was shaking"

They will be looking for the object today. The military does not believe it is a crashed airplane.

Mystiskt ”ljusklot” förbryllar Värmland

”Hela huset skakade”

Vad är det som har slagit ner i Värmland?
SOS, polis och flygräddningscentralen har fått samtal från oroliga Värmlandsbor efter att ett ljusklot sägs ha exploderat i går kväll.
– Det lyste upp på himlen och flög över oss, sedan hörde vi en explosion, säger Jessica Berg i Stöllet.

Sorry, but I'd need to bone up on my Swedish...or is that Finnish? to read this article. Is there possibly an English version?

I don't think there is an English version of the article. I just posted the article for the picture. Do you think this looks like a meteor?

Couldn't find an English version, but charcteristics I saw listed are very consistent with a large bolide.

Yikes-Looking over the scandinavian script and amazed at how much of it seems to scan. Those Saxon and Viking guys were indeed all in my ancestors' backyards.

Back