• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mysterious desert lines were animal traps

Clever people! They had to be to survive. I had no idea there were so many on-going archeological digs in tiny Jordan. On a tv program recently ( can't remember if it was 'hard' news or one of those documentaries), there were dig sites yielding interesting and new info on the ancient, indiginous people.

Hye brownie how are you? ancient people are very clever eh. We seem to have been brought up with such a linear view of histroy with a touch of darwinsim to make us seem to be the top of the evolutionary ladder. So many findings point to earlier examples of personkind (cro-magnons et al) to be intelligent beings who had tools, fire, cooked, and inhumed the dead. a touch of the neanderthal is in us excepting the african peoples (I think that was the latest finding):)

Clever people! They had to be to survive. I had no idea there were so many on-going archeological digs in tiny Jordan. On a tv program recently ( can't remember if it was 'hard' news or one of those documentaries), there were dig sites yielding interesting and new info on the ancient, indiginous people.

Hye brownie how are you? ancient people are very clever eh. We seem to have been brought up with such a linear view of histroy with a touch of darwinsim to make us seem to be the top of the evolutionary ladder. So many findings point to earlier examples of personkind (cro-magnons et al) to be intelligent beings who had tools, fire, cooked, and inhumed the dead. a touch of the neanderthal is in us excepting the african peoples (I think that was the latest finding):)

Hi Codex! I'm doing well, thanks for asking! :)

It just might be that black Africans are the purest humans (free of neanderthal ancestry, all cro-magnon)! I wonder if geneticists would find that other ancient peoples like
Aborigines and So. American Indians to be free of neanderthal ancestry? Of course a sample of people who were not intermixed over the years with European colonists would
have to be found.

The idea of "personkind" or personhood is fascinating! Bonobos and Chimpanzees are so close to human beings, genetically, that perhaps they ought to qualify as persons. Then we have cetaceans that might qualify as persons too! Some great apes and some cetaceans have been observed behaving in ways that are altruistic - that quality we most respect in our own species.

The idea of "personkind" or personhood is fascinating! Bonobos and Chimpanzees are so close to human beings, genetically, that perhaps they ought to qualify as persons. Then we have cetaceans that might qualify as persons too! Siome great apes and some cetaceans have been observed behaving in ways that are altruistic - that quality we most respect in our own species.

They've also identified cannibalism in non-human primates and gang rape in dolphins, lest we not forget there's also a dark side.

Back