• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My Unidentified sighting

dreampsi

Skilled Investigator
I have had only one experience where I saw something flying and could not explain it. It was in 1997 in a small town called Woodville, AL. My friend and I had lost our jobs due to the plant moving to Mexico and we were able to go back to school to learn a new trade and commuted to a college in Huntsville which is about 25 miles away. In this area are what I call small mountains as they are about 1000-1400' high. While driving back from college one night on Highway 72 traveling east, I saw a very bright light miles away over the top of one of these mountains. I didn't think much of it until we kept getting closer. I said "what is that?" and my friend didn't really comment. We were in his corvette that had glass T-tops and he was driving so I had unobstructed views of it. It was brighter than any search light I had ever saw before and it was LOW ..like coming right over the top of that mountain at about 1000'. No sound. It came right over the top of us moving across the highway and I estimate its speed at maybe 40 mph. I was looking out the glass top and I could see a dark area for the craft but I couldn't dicern what shape it was. Trying to recall now, I wanted to say like a small blimp from underneath. Now the odd thing about it was the lights. It had that one extremely bright search light out front but you could also see 4 beams of light shining to the back of the craft. (or at least shining opposite the direction it was moving)

Its difficult to describe so I'll do my best. Imagine one of those big lights from a concert like a can light that they move around. Ok, now there were 4 of these underneath where you would imaging corners if the thing was a rectangle. They were all shining light behind the craft with the 4 beams. It was like when you shine a light and there is fog or smoke you can see the beam of light going out into the night. Well, that is what these 4 beams were doing. As it passed overhead (again no sound)it seemed like it almost stopped over us and the beams that were shining out the back, slowly turned sweeping down over the highway and right across my face and then moved to point out forward with all beams now shining the way it was moving. When the beams all "locked" into the front position, it began to move more rapidly off to the northwest. It also had a red blinking light underneath like you would see on our aircraft.

My friend didn't seem to think it was that unusual other than it had some very bright lights and he was driving so he didn't get to see what I saw.

I really wish I could draw as I have always wanted to draw it or get someone who can. I even thought about taking pictures of the area or try to recreate somehow what I saw like they do in documentaries. That's it..that is my one encounter.

So after writing this and re-reading it, I decided to take a pic of a mountain here to give you an idea of the height. I did it with my craptastic cell phone camera so it isn't good.http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/distortioness/041709_1130b.jpg

Hi,
It sounds like what u saw was pretty amazing! I am not sure if there are UFOs though a big part of me thinks that there are.....I know that the aircraft that u see the military flying around in now is at least 10 years old...Even the ones the release as "brand new". I have never seen a UFO, but have seen many ghosts...That seems to be "my thing"...Loads of ghosts...:D

Thank you for the interesting report (make sure you report it to MUFON or NUFORC).

If you have any artistic ability, would it be possible to draw the positioning of the "beams of light" at various stages? Did the beams of light seem "truncated"? Did the beams towards the ground ever open up or close in together ? Did they "rotate" ?

Now, after having drawn and/or wrote down the answers (don't cheat please), have a look at the page UFO tech overview, on the right column, find photo from Albiosc France 1974 and see if there are any similarities.

Also, check the location in GoogleMaps and you might find it's near water.

If you have any artistic ability, would it be possible to draw the positioning of the "beams of light" at various stages? Did the beams of light seem "truncated"? Did the beams towards the ground ever open up or close in together ? Did they "rotate" ?

well, I tried to draw them but you'll see why I say I have not artistic ability for drawing.

The beams shining out the back seemed to just go off into the night. I assume they were truncated at some point, yes. When the beams swept from back to front, they did not change at all in size like they opened up wider or narrowed or anything. The beams did not rotate as in around and around. The beams did "rotate" as I call it from the position shining from the back to the front. I would have to say it was the mechanism creating the light that rotated making the beams sweep. I drew it best I could. After I post this, I will go look at the link you posted and thanks!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/distortioness/back.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/distortioness/sweep.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/distortioness/front.jpg

Edit: I viewed the link and that photo was not anything like what I saw. The object I saw did not glow and the beams were white. All this took place as I was looking up from the car with it directly overhead. The entire time I watched it come over the mountain and watching it go as far away as I could see, the beams only did the sweep once and it was right over us on the highway. It is unidentified to me and I could only assume it could have BEEN a blimp but living here all my life, I've never witnessed one flying but that doesn't mean it still wasn't one. Given that it was silent (we had windows down) and the brightness of the lights and the odd beam sweeping thing and how low it was, it wasn't anything I have ever heard of or witnessed.

Thanks for sharing.

Just curious: why couldnt this be a helicopter with unusual search lights? You mentioned the red blinking light that is common on earth aircraft.

Thanks for sharing.

You mentioned the red blinking light that is common on earth aircraft.
I've had a daytime sighting of one of the commonly seen "cigar" craft, and it had a pair of blinking red lights on the top of it. There were also what looked like bright searchlights at each end.

Gareth, I suppose it could have been but it would have had to be quiet as there was no sound. Looking up at it from underneath, it was difficult to see the shape of the craft because of the bright lights but it did appear to be a wider mass than that of a helicopter and just dark. I thought about that for a long time and in my area, we have news helicopters frequently flying around but I can hear them when I'm outside.

Edit: I viewed the link and that photo was not anything like what I saw. The object I saw did not glow and the beams were white. All this took place as I was looking up from the car with it directly overhead. The entire time I watched it come over the mountain and watching it go as far away as I could see, the beams only did the sweep once and it was right over us on the highway. It is unidentified to me and I could only assume it could have BEEN a blimp but living here all my life, I've never witnessed one flying but that doesn't mean it still wasn't one. Given that it was silent (we had windows down) and the brightness of the lights and the odd beam sweeping thing and how low it was, it wasn't anything I have ever heard of or witnessed.

dreampsi, in the Albiosc 1974 photo, ignore the orange colored part, my reference was to the 4 beams of white light.

You wrote they were shining behind the object, which corresponds pretty well with UFO reports I've studied. However, in most of those cases people also reported physiological effects, like a prikling sensation or mild warmth.

Back