• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My roommates

Consumate

Paranormal Novice
After living with a girlfriend for several years, we split up and I ended up in an apartment living with two others guys.

One of them was an old friend/acquaintance from high school days. He shared a similar interest with myself in the UFO phenomenon, and confessed to me one day years ago (before we moved in together) about an incident he felt was an encounter or abduction or some sort of contact.

Long story short, he and I have a falling out, and our "friendship" of almost 10 years dissolves. He moves out, and I get a new roommate, someone I know far less and for much shorter time, but felt comfortable with enough to live with. He moves into the room once held by someone who claims an "experience." After moving in with me, he learns of my interest in UFOlogy and extensive personal library, and discloses to me that he has experienced sightings and at least one encounter that sounded like it could've possibly been "sleep paralysis" but also had some weird extraneous factors that truly cast doubt on that explanation of his experience. He also claims to experience anxiety about the subject of alien abduction and extraterrestrial lifeforms more "advanced" than man.

I personally have never had an "experience" or witnessed strange lights in the sky. I experienced sleep paralysis as a child, but never with a context of abduction or even presence of another person or entity.

I do find it strange that the room at the end of my apartment has been sequentially occupied by two people who both claim glimpses into other realities.

I do have a 2nd roommate that has never expressed any paranormal experiences to me. I'm not sure if I've asked him outright.

Now, I run across people a lot who have admitted to seeing strange things in the sky, such as odd moving lights or whatnot, but in fact as far as I can recall, these are the only two people I've ever come across in my personal dealings who have discussed these types of incidents with me.

Again, I find it ironic that the room has been occupied by two such individuals, but beyond that I can't really take it anywhere. Food for thought I guess! I just hope there is no MILAB-type situation going on mere feet from where I sleep!

There is something about this phenomenon that just seems to wallow in weird syncronicities.

The strangeness of all these issues and the seeming amplification of coincidences is part of the territory.

What you are describing is - in a way - NORMAL for this kind of thing.

Ask your room-mate for more details, play investigator!

Peace,
M!

Well I don't talk to the other one anymore. He gave me details but claimed it was just an isolated incident in his bedroom when he was in high school or younger I believe. Something about seeing a blue light and having a sensation of being spun around in his bed.

I asked for and got as many details as I felt I could obtain.

The second roommate had a sensation of fear and seeing a short creature, which he believes he scared away. He's also seen some strange moving lights in the sky in his days. But he doesn't really have much to say about it either, other than the fact that the subject has always caused anxiety within him.

I'm aware that synchronicity plays a large part in people's evaluation of the matter. I just find it weird that I, having a huge interest in this subject yet never having seen anything i would consider strange or anomalous, end up rooming with 2 people who have.

i don't really feel there is much else to delve into in this topic, but figured I would share it here just for some food for thought.

what else could i do?

i don't really feel there is much else to delve into in this topic, but figured I would share it here just for some food for thought.

what else could i do?

Play the role of investigator. Tell him you are curious to investigate (don't try and manipulate the answers) Ask your present roommate about any other stange life experiences. Often - weird stuff - is somehow associated with the UFO thing. Dreams, memories, etc...

Ask him about any irrational fears, his family, and have him carefully explain any memeories leaving nothing out.

If you've read as many books as you say you have, you've got a good set of insights...

Play the role of investigator. Tell him you are curious to investigate (don't try and manipulate the answers) Ask your present roommate about any other stange life experiences. Often - weird stuff - is somehow associated with the UFO thing. Dreams, memories, etc...

Ask him about any irrational fears, his family, and have him carefully explain any memeories leaving nothing out.

If you've read as many books as you say you have, you've got a good set of insights...

Well, I do. I just don't see the point of pressing the issue. My present roommate refers to the incident as "a dream, but I really don't it was a dream". He said it happened when he was younger, and nothing strange since.

I think I've read enough books to know when to stop pressing the issue or when you've obtained all the info you can get from someone. I'd prefer to let the pieces come out on their own, rather than go looking in directions that may not be applicable. His only "irrational" fear is that of spiders, which is pretty common fear I'd suppose. "Dreams" or "memories" are not weird stuff, and I certainly asked if he had any that seemed particularly so to him. He doesn't think so. He just has this vague memory which he presumes was a dream but doesn't really believe it was.

Back