• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My interpretation of the 1947 Roswell incident

Han

piscator ψ
What was recovered at Roswell in 1947?

The following is my opinion, is probably full of contradiction, and is probably no more than the ramblings of someone with too much free time.

I would like to start by ensuring that my reader is familiar with my understanding of the basic “scenario” of the Roswell incident, so that they be afforded the opportunity to disregard what I say and be prevented from offence should it be flawed. I must also point out that I am not claiming to present any new or original evidence, and that all that I am aiming to provide is my take on the Roswell case.

I would also like to say that this is the first draft, and that I am aiming to create a more expansive and thorough version, when time permits.

In 1947 something crashed into the desert in Roswell New Mexico, and it and its contents were recovered by the US Air force.

Initially the official explanation was that a “flying disk” had been found but this was subsequently changed to a weather balloon.

Over the years there has been “eyewitness” testimony that states that “bodies” were also recovered.

My proposal is that it was a balloon of sorts that crashed, and it did have a crew who were killed.

I will start by describing the balloon and its capabilities.

When we think of a balloon we tend to think of a slow moving and vulnerable means of transportation, however it is my conviction that it is gross miss judgement to dismiss a balloon as inferior means of delivering a payload. (especially in 1947)

The Japanese knew this and had employed balloons in FU-GO attacks on the United states during WWII. Although these Balloon bombs only had partial success the American government would have undoubtedly taken note. It is not hard to imagine That when the concept of a balloon with the ability to fly out of range of realistic “defence” or detection and the destructive capabilities of the Atomic bomb were combined, some sort of investigation must have ensued.

I suspect that the American government was actively exploring the capabilities of balloons that could potentially provide them with a strategic advantage in the “cold war” i.e. a balloon or fleet of balloons that could deliver a nuclear payload without the Russians being able to defend against it. Or even possibly not even be able to detect them with contemporary radar.

As I said before a balloon conjures up an image of a slow moving and unstable form of transportation, but I believe that given a compelling motive and serious investment, (which I believe the US had in 1947) a long range, high altitude,nuclear armed , piloted “balloon” was realised, or at least was being attempted by the US.

This was no ordinary “hot air balloon” but something that could be accurately navigated at extreme altitude and potentially deliver a decisive nuclear strike.

I may be guilty of overplaying the nuclear strike angle and what was achieved, and maybe it did not occur to them at all, but in my opinion it would explain a lot of the secrecy surrounding the subsequent events.

I believe that it is also a possibility that the balloon in question was only designed for manned reconnaissance missions. Or that it could have been designed to carry a “chemical” weapon.

I believe that project Mogul and the Sky hook class balloons have already been named as possible suspects in the Roswell incident, but it is my understanding that they were not manned, and thus would not be able to explain why the witnesses have described bodies being recovered.

I think that the description of the small bodies is consistent with that of a large to medium sized primate like a chimpanzee for example, and we know that United states routinely used various primates in the first stages of sending rockets into orbit, due to the fact that their (primates) requirements for life are so similar to our own. In other words they sent the monkeys up to test out whether it was possible for a human to survive in space.

It is my understanding that these unfortunate primates were “wired” up and the results recorded upon recovery.

Tying the two together:

On one hand we have a very “special” and secret balloon that was in its early stages of development and on the other we have the need to know if it is feasible for it to be piloted. My opinion is that this resulted in the crash and recovery at Roswell and the secrecy that surrounded it.

You may at this point be wondering how anybody could possibly get a “grey” and a chimp confused, but I would say that if a chimpanzee or similar primate was dressed in a “space suit” or similar garments and had been terribly injured, burnt and disfigured they could quite easily be mistaken for a small person, especially at a glance.

Add to this the appearance of a 1940s era gas mask/breathing apparatus and or goggles/mask,
and to me at least the possibility of miss identification increases.

One possible explanation for the “grey” complexions described is that the bodies of the primates could have been refrigerated or frozen to preserve them, or that some other preservation method had been employed.

One final point I would like to make is that a sphere or ball that is squashed vertically or deflated in the case of a balloon will have a circular or disk like appearance when lying on the ground. And this could explain the shiny disk that was described. Particularly if the balloon in question is made from shiny silver material and was only seen from a distance.

Lastly I am convinced that the balloon that I have alluded to, was developed at least in part by some of the scientists brought to the United States via operation Paperclip, who as I have said before I believe were referred to as Aliens. i.e. Alien technology.

I will over the next few weeks, be aiming to expand on many of the points I have raised, and provide supporting evidence or sources for them.

In essence this is just the bare bones of my theory, and I will try to flesh it out asap.

Best wishes.

No one, in 1947, reported any bodies or supermetal. All that slosh was added decades later. BTW, there was an episode of "Science Fiction Theatre" titled "Bulletproof", and it was about alien supermetal being found in the desert from a damaged saucer... alien i-beams and bulletproof sheets of thin metal. I have to wonder if the MOGUL incident, got mixed up with the few-years-later TV show, in some minds.

No one, in 1947, reported any bodies or supermetal. All that slosh was added decades later. BTW, there was an episode of "Science Fiction Theatre" titled "Bulletproof", and it was about alien supermetal being found in the desert from a damaged saucer... alien i-beams and bulletproof sheets of thin metal. I have to wonder if the MOGUL incident, got mixed up with the few-years-later TV show, in some minds.

What then of the testimony of the marcels snr and jnr ?

Are they disinfo agents ?

Why not admit to such a project 50 yrs later, back in '97? Unless it's like Redfern believes, that the Air Force today has no clue to exactly what happened back in '47.

Mike- What testimony? At the time, or after decades, or after the Myth started and publicity and (probably) money were involved? The question is *when* they lied, and Occam's Razor makes that an easy thing to decide.

Mr. Steinberg, a TV show of the Roswell story, prior to the Eighties myth, would have amounted to what? Someone finds a bundle of sunrotted rubber and balsa sticks and metalized paper? No I-beams, no thin supermetal? Not even any UFO, let alone alien spacecraft? Sounds more like Yawn Theatre... not this:

Science Fiction Theatre - Season 2, Episode 6: Bullet Proof - TV.com

Back