• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"Must listen to" show guests

Ian

Paranormal Maven
As a relative "newbie" to the show archives, could anyone suggest which guests are particularly worth listening to and why?
<o></o>
I've looked through the "Your favourite show moments" thread, but it's not quite the same thing.
<o></o>
I'm sure neither Dave nor Gene would deliberately spend two hours interviewing "time-wasters" (although perhaps one or two shows have turned out that way!), but I guess there are a few "must hear" guests.
<o></o>
For example, I have just listened to the 22 February 09 Richard Dolan interview. He seems very well informed and a good speaker and could argue his points.
<o></o>
On the other hand the 30 December 07 Joel Martin interview was probably not the most enlightening two hours I have ever spent...
<o></o>
Regards,
<o></o>
Ian

i suggest all of them. good bad or ugly, you learn something from every one.

I agree with pixelsmith. There are so few bad shows that it's not worth trying to point them out. Besides, some of the Bad Guys interviewed are really interesting, too, particularly when they get nailed.

^^^What they said^^^

If you plan on sticking around you should really listen to all the shows that way when one of us makes an obscure reference to a previous guest you won't be caught off guard.

I am almost through the entire lot so far and yeah, its all worth it.

Now, if you don't like squirming in your seat as someone's bullshit is called, there are a few.

Then again, I once sat through the last BoA John Lear interview...I felt shame. As in , why did i put myself through that again?!

Nothing against Binnall personally, just not a challenging interviewer.

I am almost through the entire lot so far and yeah, its all worth it.

Now, if you don't like squirming in your seat as someone's bullshit is called, there are a few.

Then again, I once sat through the last BoA John Lear interview...I felt shame. As in , why did i put myself through that again?!

Nothing against Binnall personally, just not a challenging interviewer.

I take a drink every time he says, "esoteric". It is a fun drinking game.:D

Ian,

I am not as immersed in the field as some others on this forum, but for someone just starting out I would point to:

- the Jacques Vallee interview (3/10/08; the single best episode in my view)
- the Stanton Friedman interviews (e.g., 4/19/06)
- the Budd Hopkins interviews (8/18/08, 6/15/09)
- the David Jacobs interviews (9/25/06, + 6/15/09 with Hopkins, which was a very informative episode)
- the Ted Phillips interviews (3/13/08; 1/26/09)
- the Phillip Imbrogno interviews (4/14/08; 9/18/08 )
- the Don Ecker interviews (4/30/07; 3/9/09, the latter being the most entertaining show, including talk of various personalities)
- the Richard Dolan interviews (e.g., 10/23/06)
- the George Knapp interviews (10/9/06; 3/16/09)
- the Peter Davenport interview (1/29/07)
- the Peter Robbins interview (5/4/09; Rendlesham Forest case)
- the show on Dorothy Izatt (3/3/08 )
- the shows on David's personal experiences (3/29/06; 2/19/07)

The shows involving train wrecks (e.g., Paola Harris, 9/29/08 ), personally aren't my thing, but I do understand why some of the clowns in the field need to be called out.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Don't forget the shows with Mac Tonnies...he was very well spoken and one could tell that he approached his research with an open mind.

I do have to agree with the others though, since I listened to the entire backlog after discovering The Paracast last autumn, every episode has at least one good point.

I agree with everyone! You really want to listen to all of the programs if possible. When I first discovered the show, I walked around for so long with my iPod and earbuds that they almost became permanent appendages!

I started with the earliest programs and listened to them in chronological order. It took a few months.

However, if you'd also like to have just a list of personalities to key in on, I'd fill mine with many that have already been mentioned (in no particular order):

Don Ecker
Stanton Friedman
Kevin Randall
Richard Dolan
Paul Kimball
Peter Davenport
Budd Hopkins
Mac Tonnies
Brad Steiger
Tim Beckley
Bruce Maccabee
Dennis Balthaser

I'm sure others will come to mind as soon as I log off.

But by far the greatest asset this program has is its hosts. No matter who they have on as guests, you'll enjoy the show and learn something from Gene and Dave.

Welcome to the journey!

600-00032218n.jpg

I'm a Jacques Vallée fan and the Paracast interview was the best I've listened. Hope Gene and David get to bring him back soon.
One of the best and most interesting interviews in the Paracast collection (see how savvy that sounds, the Paracast Collection :)) was the one with NARCAP's Richard Haines. A great exploration of his methodology and also a few personal insights into the UAP (unidentified aerial phenomena is how they refer to the UFO phenomena) mystery. I loved his description of a sighting reported by a soldier stationed in Korea in the 50´s. It's sad that Richard Haines's books are so expensive and hard to find.

My personal favorite must listen to guests would also be:
Budd Hopkins
Robert Hastings
The episode where David and his brother discuss their sighting (3-28-06)
Stanton Friedman
Don Ecker
George Knapp
also the episodes where Gene and David just talk shop.

Jim Sparks for the bizarreness and hilarity and for him being caught out.

Jesse Marcel Jr. about his experiences with his father and Roswell.

Lloyd Pye and his Starchild was interesting if a bit frustrating.

I like Bill Birnes. He's like a grandpa. A bit credulous, but a really nice guy.

But they are all good, even tho I haven't nearly caught up on all of them yet.

Oh, yes, and DO take the suggestion to listen to David's (and Jeff Ritzman's) experience with the strange female. But not just before you go to bed. :eek:

Back