• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

music theory

You are probably right. It sounds like you know music theory better than I do, or at least better than I remember after a couple of decades.

In all fairness, after all these years of playing, all I ever became was pretty good. Good enough to play in bands and really enjoy myself, good enough to be entertaining, but not super.

For me, the big difference came when I realized that there is music that people love listening to, that makes them feel good; and then there is technically advanced music that appeals to a smaller niche crowd. I wanted the music I play to be accessable and enjoyable by everyone, not just guitar fans.

Since then, I have pretty much dropped single note lead work, and have focused on multi-note acoustic music, learning lots of cool chords and voicings and chordal moves. All this works nicely to support my singing.

Back