• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

MUFON, a solution?

... If they're managing Earth, they suck at it. If they're not and they're able to, they've abdicated responsibility for it. And to hell with them, then. Let's just carve our own path.

Your logic, although betraying a hint of human emotion, is nonetheless impressive Mr. Marduk.

Of course, if the aliens are playing in large part a passive role, and it's we who are largely responsible for our situation, then it's we who suck at it, in which case "to Hell with us", and I'm with the aliens ... lol.

Perhaps these so-called aliens are not just interested in Trump alone. Maybe they like the chaos that's happening throughout the world and are behind it in some manner. Let's face the facts. Those people in top government positions are interested in money and power. Someone or something is pulling the strings behind world governments.

... Those people in top government positions are interested in money and power. Someone or something is pulling the strings behind world governments.

You nailed it. You'd think more people would get this. Consequently I'm a bit surprised by the total lack of investigation into the Trump Alladin connection: The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Four

Another tidbit here:" Wall Street's Smart Money Continues To Bet On The New Financials From BlackRock To Blackstone

This really should continue on the Political Thread though.

OK I have to put in some shameless self-promotion here. In 1989 I started an informal interest group called USI. It was started in part as a direct result of my disappointment in MUFON. It was literally meant to be the solution to the MUFON problem. The hard lesson I had to learn is that in reality MUFON isn't the problem. It's just another organization doing what it does in its own way thinking that their way is as good as anyone else's.

The real problem I discovered ( and I've mentioned this before ), is that after years of attempting to gain volunteer support for USI, it's the ufology community itself that is largely to blame. There seems to be an inability to constructively unite around a common cause without having to be managed by some overarching bureaucracy, and individuals who actually do put in an effort would rather promote and defend their own little piece of turf than efficiently network through a self-regulating and coordinating nexus.

Consequently there are now hundreds of UFO related websites and little organizations all vying for position, which results in a huge amount of redundancy. Back when I first started USI this wasn't the case. So there was an opportunity for the idea to work without having to convince people why they should add their resources to USI instead of doing yet another UFO website, ( or whatever else ). All that being said, USI was ( and still is ) IMO, a near perfect framework for facilitating many of the ideas I've heard expressed by various people in the field.

If anyone has some ideas on how to make this work by all means send me a message. If we can get even a few regular contributors we'll start a separate thread for discussions about USI, your ideas, and how to put them into action.

Your logic, although betraying a hint of human emotion, is nonetheless impressive Mr. Marduk.

Of course, if the aliens are playing in large part a passive role, and it's we who are largely responsible for our situation, then it's we who suck at it, in which case "to Hell with us", and I'm with the aliens ... lol.
Lol, I love it.

That's my point - we suck at a lot of things. Those things show up in our culture and behaviour. They don't really show much evidence of manipulation, do they? It's not like we're singing kumbaya because of the beings of love and light from dimension 9, right?

I'm not sure why we ascribe such god-like abilities to them, whoever 'them' is.

OK I have to put in some shameless self-promotion here. In 1989 I started an informal interest group called USI. It was started in part as a direct result of my disappointment in MUFON. It was literally meant to be the solution to the MUFON problem. The hard lesson I had to learn is that in reality MUFON isn't the problem. It's just another organization doing what it does in its own way thinking that their way is as good as anyone else's.

The real problem I discovered ( and I've mentioned this before ), is that after years of attempting to gain volunteer support for USI, it's the ufology community itself that is largely to blame. There seems to be an inability to constructively unite around a common cause without having to be managed by some overarching bureaucracy, and individuals who actually do put in an effort would rather promote and defend their own little piece of turf than efficiently network through a self-regulating and coordinating nexus.

Consequently there are now hundreds of UFO related websites and little organizations all vying for position, which results in a huge amount of redundancy. Back when I first started USI this wasn't the case. So there was an opportunity for the idea to work without having to convince people why they should add their resources to USI instead of doing yet another UFO website, ( or whatever else ). All that being said, USI was ( and still is ) IMO, a near perfect framework for facilitating many of the ideas I've heard expressed by various people in the field.

If anyone has some ideas on how to make this work by all means send me a message. If we can get even a few regular contributors we'll start a separate thread for discussions about USI, your ideas, and how to put them into action.

If you intend to attract thoughtful and potentially skilled members I might suggest that conjecture about our alien overlords, that d*** Trump and the like probably aren’t helpful.

Consider that decades of collecting eyewitness reports and so forth have not revealed anything useful. Also that researching cases decades old have not either. If speculation was illuminating it would have worked a long time ago. Reinventing a new wheel probably won't either. So. Easy to be negative and much harder to provide positive suggestions. Here is the only one that I have given any consideration to.

I have often felt it’s a shame that of all the field investigation done by people genuinely interested and donating their own time and effort that the results obtained have been in so many disparate relatively small piles as to be useless. Over time they become stale. A small group might design and implement form of collection leading to a common database but probably would never be able to obtain a large enough statistical sample to make the effort worthwhile.

Rather than design from scratch maybe this idea could be applied something extant. God help me, Facebook, Twitter or the like. Maybe in the form of a comparatively short survey, not something requiring time and effort. Our span of attention these days is limited. Then it’s not only a question of skills but contacts to implement it. Given a large enough sample who knows what might be revealed, or even if it’s useful. Statistics have a way of showing the disparity between what you think is happening and what really is. I think you have to go TO the where general public and not wait for them to come to you, and the survey would be the whole focus - not the specific group behind it.

It may sound a bit lame but I am trying to be constructive and not endlessly speculative.

Perhaps these so-called aliens are not just interested in Trump alone. Maybe they like the chaos that's happening throughout the world and are behind it in some manner. Let's face the facts. Those people in top government positions are interested in money and power. Someone or something is pulling the strings behind world governments.
Let's face the facts. Most people on earth are interested in money and power.

Nobody's pulling the strings on much, except as ways to extract more money and power. But that's capitalism, and should be expected, right?

I’ve got some. Want to start the thread and we’ll dump our ideas in?

That kind of awe is dangerous, no? It implies that they are basically in charge of everything, and we can do nothing.

If that's true, I'd like to have a chat with them about American foreign policy, because they've sure f'd that up.
Now we were discussing ETH and MUFON you brought in domestic politics
. Science and even religious worship is part and parcel humanity which some suggest our society moving towards some type of technology worshiping today in our society. It's naive not to think higher intelligence does not exist. Humans already dominate over each other in the civilisations . Good and bad exist in our society and why can't not be any different in the universe regarding evolution. Therefore, it not to far fetch to think a higher intelligence might be able to manipulate human technology and if a agreement between any advance beings would not be disclosed if they had the power to eliminate the Earth with one click. We can see plausible evidence in Dr Brandenburg theory on Mars and thinks it's more plausible it's happened on more exoplanets in the universe. Humans advance when they think outside the box and MUFON needs to become renewed academic organisation while separating the wheat from the chaff.

My point is that if 'they' can or would influence technology to such an extent, then they'd be able to influence everything - from TV to news to this very website - to fulfil their agenda.

And if that were true, they would have allowed or contributed to Trump being in power.

And if that were true, they would have allowed or contributed to Trump's disastrous foreign policy decisions, because those were based on perception and information. Both managed through technology.

And if that were true, they would have been either directly or indirectly in charge of that foreign policy. Therefore, I shouldn't complain to Trump for his decisions, I should complain to 'them.' You don't complain to the person that can't fix the problem, you only deal with the one that can fix it.

If they're managing Earth, they suck at it. If they're not and they're able to, they've abdicated responsibility for it. And to hell with them, then. Let's just carve our own path.
This may be painfully obvious, but we do not know what an alien intelligence would find interesting or important. If we evaluate such an intelligence by the most spiritual standards currently available within the human consciousness, then the aliens are doing a terrible job, e.g., they suck as it. What a way to run a planet, we think as we realize that the world is on the edge of catastrophe AS USUAL (this has been the normal state for a very long time).

In the same vein, many humans believe that a very anthropromorphized God manages planet earth (even creating hurricanes to punish humans for granting equal civil rights to gay Americans, if you listen to Pat Robertson). But even for the most ardent devotee, it often seems as if this God is doing a terrible job, e.g., "Why did god let my puppy die?" About 20 years ago someone (I think it was a Rabbi) made a ton of money publishing a comforting book that answered the question "Why do Bad Things Happen to Good People?" The ultimate response to that question is the old canard "God works in mysterious ways". This lets us off the hook for trying to figure it all out and failing. Do aliens also work in mysterious ways? For some reason, my brain just threw this quote up into my conscious mind:

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

Are Aliens our Modern Wizards? We have created wrathful gods. Have we also created wrathful aliens? Or do aliens play the good cop/bad cop game, with Aryan blonde refugees from Baywatch playing the good aliens while Greys/Reptilians play the bad cops. OK. I've come to the humble conclusion that IF there is a management team involved here, they have far different goals and interests than the average human. Perhaps they value pain and suffering, anger and hate? There is plenty of that around and some conspiracy theorists claim that the big bad aliens eat such emotional feelings. It is often called Loosh. If THAT was true, Donald Trump would be giving such aliens a daily feast! But again, this is a human concept to explain the unexplainable. Perhaps the reality would simply be beyond our capability to understand.

Then there is that fly in the works known as human free will. Evidently ,the Christian god does not control humanity because of the gift of free will (giving us enough rope to hang ourselves). Do aliens honor free will? Your ordinary garden variety conspiracy theory claims that aliens or demons control the Elite on planet Earth. This implies that the 99% (us peasants who fly commercial) are not directly controlled. Our control is Reaganomic in that it is a trickle down control via the Elite. But do we really have to even posit the idea that our "betters" in government, industry and big business religion need alien help to be psychopaths? I think not. We live on a planet that has a wide variety of intelligence and consciousness (2 different aspects of each person). Scientists have even identified a clinical case for psychopathy that is often cued by a dormant amygdala. No alien intervention is required unless you want to believe that aliens tweak the brain of each budding psychopath in the womb to create the monster of their choice.

Perhaps I get my views from Tom Campbell the YOUTUBE physicist. He came out with the view that our reality is a computer simulation years before it became chic. He has his own relatively unique take on the craziness of our reality from a human standpoint. He believes that our reality, which he likens to a computer game, comes with software the generates random events on the macro and micro level. This is just the way it is set up. No need for aliens unless they programmed the universe (and I care to believe that any creator originates from outside the simulation rather than being an avatar class within it as are aliens). But ultimately, suggesting that the computer simulation within which we exist has random events programmed into it is (to me) pretty much a modern way of still saying that "God works in mysterious ways".

Anyway, food for thought or derision. I am off to ponder how many angels can fit on the head of a Corey Goode groupie.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you intend to attract thoughtful and potentially skilled members I might suggest that conjecture about our alien overlords, that d*** Trump and the like probably aren’t helpful.

Consider that decades of collecting eyewitness reports and so forth have not revealed anything useful. Also that researching cases decades old have not either. If speculation was illuminating it would have worked a long time ago. Reinventing a new wheel probably won't either. So. Easy to be negative and much harder to provide positive suggestions. Here is the only one that I have given any consideration to.

I have often felt it’s a shame that of all the field investigation done by people genuinely interested and donating their own time and effort that the results obtained have been in so many disparate relatively small piles as to be useless. Over time they become stale. A small group might design and implement form of collection leading to a common database but probably would never be able to obtain a large enough statistical sample to make the effort worthwhile.

Rather than design from scratch maybe this idea could be applied something extant. God help me, Facebook, Twitter or the like. Maybe in the form of a comparatively short survey, not something requiring time and effort. Our span of attention these days is limited. Then it’s not only a question of skills but contacts to implement it. Given a large enough sample who knows what might be revealed, or even if it’s useful. Statistics have a way of showing the disparity between what you think is happening and what really is. I think you have to go TO the where general public and not wait for them to come to you, and the survey would be the whole focus - not the specific group behind it.

It may sound a bit lame but I am trying to be constructive and not endlessly speculative.
Like I always say, anything genuine and constructive is welcomed. If one of our members wanted to perform a survey then that would be fine with me. The thing is getting it coordinated with the home site, which also needs updating. I'm just waiting for a reply from Gene on whether or not it's OK to setup an open USI Member Discussion thread. We have a private one for confirmed members already, but I think a public one could help too.

Now we were discussing ETH and MUFON you brought in domestic politics
. Science and even religious worship is part and parcel humanity which some suggest our society moving towards some type of technology worshiping today in our society. It's naive not to think higher intelligence does not exist. Humans already dominate over each other in the civilisations . Good and bad exist in our society and why can't not be any different in the universe regarding evolution. Therefore, it not to far fetch to think a higher intelligence might be able to manipulate human technology and if a agreement between any advance beings would not be disclosed if they had the power to eliminate the Earth with one click. We can see plausible evidence in Dr Brandenburg theory on Mars and thinks it's more plausible it's happened on more exoplanets in the universe. Humans advance when they think outside the box and MUFON needs to become renewed academic organisation while separating the wheat from the chaff.
I'm alluding to four things:

Means, motive, opportunity... and the reason why it can't be humanity manipulating humanity. We're awfully good at it.

I'm not talking about sightings or even CE3 or CE4 style interactions. Had 'em myself. I'm talking about all the conspiracy stuff.

I think all that is a narrative we tell ourselves to try to regain our importance in the story. I mean, if they cut a deal with 'the powers that be,' that means at least some humans are important and in the know, right?

They don't seem to care about our society at all. They interact with individuals or small groups at best.

This may be painfully obvious, but we do not know what an alien intelligence would find interesting or important. If we evaluate such an intelligence by the most spiritual standards currently available within the human consciousness, then the aliens are doing a terrible job, e.g., they suck as it. What a way to run a planet, we think as we realize that the world is on the edge of catastrophe AS USUAL (this has been the normal state for a very long time).

Part of what I'm trying to get at is to knock whatever it is off it's pedestal. You know, the one we put them on? All powerful? With a covert, unified agenda?

They never make mistakes. They have a goal. They're omniscient, omnipotent, can walk on water and sell ice to Inuit.

I say BS. I say they're at least as complex as we are, if not more. I say they are good at some things and bad at other things.

And I say we can actually apply critical thinking to tease out what's important to them.

They are either here or they are not here. If they are here, then they came here because they wanted to. If they wanted to, it's because of us or it's not because of us. If it's because of us, then it's because they want something from us. If they want something from us, it's exploitation or it's in our benefit. Etc...

One can apply rational thinking to whatever they are doing.

For one thing, they either don't care about being hidden or they're not great at it. That is a premise that is actually testable, although with difficulty.

Observe one. Show the object it's being observed. Does it immediately 'cloak' or leave? If it doesn't, then it doesn't care about being hidden.

And that tells us something.

In the same vein, many humans believe that a very anthropromorphized God manages planet earth (even creating hurricanes to punish humans for granting equal civil rights to gay Americans, if you listen to Pat Robertson). But even for the most ardent devotee, it often seems as if this God is doing a terrible job, e.g., "Why did god let my puppy die?" About 20 years ago someone (I think it was a Rabbi) made a ton of money publishing a comforting book that answered the question "Why do Bad Things Happen to Good People?" The ultimate response to that question is the old canard "God works in mysterious ways". This lets us off the hook for trying to figure it all out and failing. Do aliens also work in mysterious ways? For some reason, my brain just threw this quote up into my conscious mind:

“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

Are Aliens our Modern Wizards? We have created wrathful gods. Have we also created wrathful aliens? Or do aliens play the good cop/bad cop game, with Aryan blonde refugees from Baywatch playing the good aliens while Greys/Reptilians play the bad cops. OK. I've come to the humble conclusion that IF there is a management team involved here, they have far different goals and interests than the average human. Perhaps they value pain and suffering, anger and hate? There is plenty of that around and some conspiracy theorists claim that the big bad aliens eat such emotional feelings. It is often called Loosh. If THAT was true, Donald Trump would be giving such aliens a daily feast! But again, this is a human concept to explain the unexplainable. Perhaps the reality would simply be beyond our capability to understand.

Again, I call BS.

We have a general intelligence in our skull. That is the most powerful that probably exists in the universe.

And besides, as Randall says, all that is hand waiving, anyway.

Then there is that fly in the works known as human free will. Evidently ,the Christian god does not control humanity because of the gift of free will (giving us enough rope to hang ourselves). Do aliens honor free will? Your ordinary garden variety conspiracy theory claims that aliens or demons control the Elite on planet Earth. This implies that the 99% (us peasants who fly commercial) are not directly controlled. Our control is Reaganomic in that it is a trickle down control via the Elite. But do we really have to even posit the idea that our "betters" in government, industry and big business religion need alien help to be psychopaths? I think not. We live on a planet that has a wide variety of intelligence and consciousness (2 different aspects of each person). Scientists have even identified a clinical case for psychopathy that is often cued by a dormant amygdala. No alien intervention is required unless you want to believe that aliens tweak the brain of each budding psychopath in the womb to create the monster of their choice.

I don't buy any of that. There is absolutely no evidence anything but mankind is f'ing up planet Earth. We're doing a pretty kick-ass job of it. We don't need any outside force to ascribe to that, except to alleviate our collective guilt.

Perhaps I get my views from Tom Campbell the YOUTUBE physicist. He came out with the view that our reality is a computer simulation years before it became chic. He has his own relatively unique take on the craziness of our reality from a human standpoint. He believes that our reality, which he likens to a computer game, comes with software the generates random events on the macro and micro level. This is just the way it is set up. No need for aliens unless they programmed the universe (and I care to believe that any creator originates from outside the simulation rather than being an avatar class within it as are aliens). But ultimately, suggesting that the computer simulation within which we exist has random events programmed into it is (to me) pretty much a modern way of still saying that "God works in mysterious ways".

Anyway, food for thought or derision. I am off to ponder how many angels can fit on the head of a Corey Goode groupie.

We're probably not in a simulation. I, myself, loved the theory that QM actually was a low-level compression algorithm running in the simulator that we live in, that 'fudged' subatomic particles. Used statistical modelling rather than modelling physicality. I thought that was really neat.

Turns out it's probably not true, though.

Backreaction: No, we probably don’t live in a computer simulation

... We're probably not in a simulation. I, myself, loved the theory that QM actually was a low-level compression algorithm running in the simulator that we live in, that 'fudged' subatomic particles. Used statistical modelling rather than modelling physicality. I thought that was really neat.

Turns out it's probably not true, though.

Backreaction: No, we probably don’t live in a computer simulation

Excellent article. However there's an obvious hand wave going on there when it says:

"First, to get it out of the way, there’s a trivial way in which the simulation hypothesis is correct: You could just interpret the presently accepted theories to mean that our universe computes the laws of nature. Then it’s tautologically true that we live in a computer simulation. It’s also a meaningless statement."

To say the laws of nature as we've identified them could be a computational construct is far from "trivial" or "meaningless". It has far reaching implications, and tremendous practical applications. The reason that the author doesn't like the idea is that he says, to quote:

"The simulation hypothesis annoys me because it intrudes on the terrain of physicists."

There's obviously some bias going on there. It makes no difference whether he likes the idea or not, or whether it intrudes on his terrain or not, there is no logical reason why if we can mathematically model the goings-on of the universe via quantum physics or any other method, that the universe cannot be mathematically modeled by something else, including something responsible for generating the environment itself.

The only objections to this logic that can be raised depend entirely on context specific arguments that exclude the possibility of it being possible. However that amounts to some combination of a straw man and cherry picking. It seems to me that it's the non-consistent nature of certain things that point to some external control mechanism as the source.

That being said, I think it's always important to look at the counterpoint, and what the article reminds us not to do is make specific assumptions or claims that we're not equipped to handle or substantiate because of incomplete knowledge. I completely agree. We don't want to start making claims like: "Because of QM ... bla bla bla." or "Because information technology says ... bla bla bla ", that Blue Avians or bla bla bla, are coming here and doing this or that.

We can only say that the argument in favor of the universe being a computational construct of some sort is itself is logically coherent and that if true, it could hypothetically explain some phenomena and anomalies that physicists currently have a hard time reconciling, as well as a number of paranormal phenomena.

Personally I think that's still a lot better than, " teleporting us back to the age of mythology." For one thing it does away with magical thinking, and it provides a logical and hypothetically real solution that doesn't depend on absurd anthropocentric fictional characters.

Last edited:
I'm alluding to four things:

Means, motive, opportunity... and the reason why it can't be humanity manipulating humanity. We're awfully good at it.

I'm not talking about sightings or even CE3 or CE4 style interactions. Had 'em myself. I'm talking about all the conspiracy stuff.

I think all that is a narrative we tell ourselves to try to regain our importance in the story. I mean, if they cut a deal with 'the powers that be,' that means at least some humans are important and in the know, right?

They don't seem to care about our society at all. They interact with individuals or small groups at best.

Referring to your four types of operations,
Means: Control, Religion , Science Project
Motive : Production for food , H2O or Experiment
Opportunity : Conflicts and Nuclear Activity.
Finally , If humans cabal /Super wealthy or Military activities plausible in some cases on small scale unless every state involved (United Nations). Also interesting article from your link Backreaction: Academia is fucked-up. So why isn’t anyone doing something about it? and still think a A.I element natural simulation or controlled. The case Don discussed on his excellent Open lines show Darkmatters and "the small beings on the chicken farmers property " anything is possible and fleeing a dying exo-planet looking for new planets. Astronomers Discover Pitch-Black Exoplanet

Last edited:
Excellent article. However there's an obvious hand wave going on there when it says:

"First, to get it out of the way, there’s a trivial way in which the simulation hypothesis is correct: You could just interpret the presently accepted theories to mean that our universe computes the laws of nature. Then it’s tautologically true that we live in a computer simulation. It’s also a meaningless statement."

To say the laws of nature as we've identified them could be a computational construct is far from "trivial" or "meaningless". It has far reaching implications, and tremendous practical applications. The reason that the author doesn't like the idea is that he says, to quote:

"The simulation hypothesis annoys me because it intrudes on the terrain of physicists."

There's obviously some bias going on there. It makes no difference whether he likes the idea or not, or whether it intrudes on his terrain or not, there is no logical reason why if we can mathematically model the goings-on of the universe via quantum physics or any other method, that the universe cannot be mathematically modeled by something else, including something responsible for generating the environment itself.

The only objections to this logic that can be raised depend entirely on context specific arguments that exclude the possibility of it being possible. However that amounts to some combination of a straw man and cherry picking. It seems to me that it's the non-consistent nature of certain things that point to some external control mechanism as the source.

That being said, I think it's always important to look at the counterpoint, and what the article reminds us not to do is make specific assumptions or claims that we're not equipped to handle or substantiate because of incomplete knowledge. I completely agree. We don't want to start making claims like: "Because of QM ... bla bla bla." or "Because information technology says ... bla bla bla ", that Blue Avians or bla bla bla, are coming here and doing this or that.

We can only say that the argument in favor of the universe being a computational construct of some sort is itself is logically coherent and that if true, it could hypothetically explain some phenomena and anomalies that physicists currently have a hard time reconciling, as well as a number of paranormal phenomena.

Personally I think that's still a lot better than, " teleporting us back to the age of mythology." For one thing it does away with magical thinking, and it provides a logical and hypothetically real solution that doesn't depend on absurd anthropocentric fictional characters.

The basic point is that there's no reason to think it's a simulation and every reason to think it's not. Occam's razor and all that.

More here:

Some scholars accept the trilemma, and argue that the first or second of the propositions are true, and that the third proposition (the proposition that we live in a simulation) is false. Physicist Paul Davies deploys Bostrom's trilemma as part of one possible argument against a near-infinite multiverse. This argument runs as follows: if there were a near-infinite multiverse, there would be posthuman civilizations running ancestor simulations, and therefore we would come to the untenable and scientifically self-defeating conclusion that we live in a simulation; therefore, by reductio ad absurdum, existing multiverse theories are likely false. (Unlike Bostrom and Chalmers, Davies (among others) considers the simulation hypothesis to be self-defeating.)[4][9]

Some point out that there is currently no proof of technology which would facilitate the existence of sufficiently high-fidelity ancestor simulation. Additionally, there is no proof that it is physically possible or feasible for a posthuman civilization to create such a simulation, and therefore for the present, the first proposition must be true.[4] Additionally there are proofs of limits of computation.
Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia

At present, it's really just a what-if scenario, like the first Matrix movie but on a grander scale.

Referring to your four types of operations,
Means: Control, Religion , Science Project
Motive : Production for food , H2O or Experiment
Opportunity : Conflicts and Nuclear Activity.
Finally , If humans cabal /Super wealthy or Military activities plausible in some cases on small scale unless every state involved (United Nations). Also interesting article from your link Backreaction: Academia is fucked-up. So why isn’t anyone doing something about it? and still think a A.I element natural simulation or controlled. The case Don discussed on his excellent Open lines show Darkmatters and "the small beings on the chicken farmers property " anything is possible and fleeing a dying exo-planet looking for new planets. Astronomers Discover Pitch-Black Exoplanet

OK let me challenge that.

Means: Control. Control of what? What behaviours are humans demonstrating that is not human-like?
Means: Religion. Sure, but if you take a look at religious history, the moment the person that created the religion dies, it immediately becomes something else: about human power.
Means: Science project. Not sure how that's a mean?

Motive: Production for food. As in, humans as a food source? We're not a very good one, and tend to notice when a herd goes missing. Sure, lots of people vanish every year, but those are exactly the kinds of people you probably wouldn't want to eat. We're also a crappy calorie source. Even if we were, I'd just grab a few thousand breeding stock and make my own somewhere else.

Motive: water? Water is one of the most abundant things in the universe. The Oort cloud has five times the mass of the whole earth, and is mostly made of water. It also isn't stuck at the bottom of a gravity well, so it's easy to take for someone capable of long range space travel. So why come here and take ours?
Motive: Experiment. This is also Randall's theory, and it's a decent one. I still say there would be easier ways to do it, or that they're bad at it.

Opportunity: Conflict. I would think that conflict would be a negative - it tends to spur us to come up with better and better weapons, and better and better weapons would be dangerous for them.

If they were fleeing a dying world... and they can do what they can do... and they wanted our real estate... then why not just come and take it? Or even buy it? Hell, we would probably give them a couple continents for antigravity alone.

The basic point is that there's no reason to think it's a simulation and every reason to think it's not. Occam's razor and all that. At present, it's really just a what-if scenario, like the first Matrix movie but on a grander scale.
From my perspective I don't see the question as quite that binary ( no reason versus every reason to think something is or isn't this or that ). What I see is a plausible hypothesis supported by inconclusive but circumstantial evidence that together makes the idea worthy of serious consideration, or at least debate. So do a number of other people ...

The Asimov Debate

Someone else also started a thread on this here, but it never went anyplace: Issac Asimov Memorial Debate: Is Universe a Simulation?

Last edited:
From my perspective I don't see the question as quite that binary ( no reason versus every reason to think something is or isn't this or that ). What I see is a plausible hypothesis supported by inconclusive but circumstantial evidence that together makes the idea worthy of serious consideration, or at least debate. So do a number of other people ...

The Asimov Debate

Someone else also started a thread on this here, but it never went anyplace: Issac Asimov Memorial Debate: Is Universe a Simulation?
Ok, what’s the circumstantial evidence that leads you to think it’s plausible?

Back