• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Moulten Howe at it again - a new drone report + photo

Free episodes:

I honestly believe that Whitley Strieber is full of shit. I believe that he sold a work of fiction, pretended it to be truth, and didn't have the courage to come out and tell people it was all bullshit, and continued the charade because it was far more lucrative to keep telling the same bullshit story, than to simply say it was fiction.

After having read the book, seen the movie, and having seen where things have gone, I can say without a doubt in my mind that the man is full of shit.

How many times do people really get abducted by aliens?

Seriously.

Now count how many books the man has written on the subject.

If people are abducted on a regular basis, then surely as I am sitting here, the man must have TANGIBLE, AND DOCUMENTABLE PROOF OF THESE ABDUCTIONS.

No, he doesn't. Nobody seems to. There's a bunch of people who claim to have had the abduction experience, and have written books on it. What makes Whitley so special? He's no different than any other author who took a story a little too far.

I'm not the only person who thinks he's full of shit, and has been for decades. There are other more famous people who have stated on the record that he's just selling stories to people.

I honestly believe that Whitley Strieber is full of shit. I believe that he sold a work of fiction, pretended it to be truth, and didn't have the courage to come out and tell people it was all bullshit, and continued the charade because it was far more lucrative to keep telling the same bullshit story, than to simply say it was fiction.

Which particular work of fiction are you referring to?

A quick look at his bibliography shows he has published 30 works of fiction. And speaking of publishing I don't think his publisher would appreciate him coming out and saying that his work is "bullshit". Could be some contractual issues involved there I don't know...And just the thought of it makes my head spin. :eek:

Clancy,Coonts or Dale Brown write there military thrillers. I think it's quite unlikely their going to come out and say it's "bullshit". It's fiction a "no-brainer ". Besides most of us know what fiction is.

Striebers stuff is fiction he knows it fiction. And anyone who believes otherwise doesn't understand literary basics.

His stuff is not as good as it once was. I read Warday when it came out years ago and really enjoyed it,in fact it was awesome! I read Communion and it was fair. Never read past 50 pp with The Greys..poorly written inho. 2012 pass. I friend lent me his latest, "Critical Mass" I'll give it my 50 page preview and see.

Striebers a minor player in the world of thriller fiction. His input in the realm of UFO's is questionable to say the least because of his day job. So I agree in part to what you are trying to say. Just need to wade through the eloquently written prose. :)

Which particular work of fiction are you referring to?

A quick look at his bibliography shows he has published 30 works of fiction. And speaking of publishing I don't think his publisher would appreciate him coming out and saying that his work is "bullshit". Could be some contractual issues involved there I don't know...And just the thought of it makes my head spin. :eek:

Clancy,Coonts or Dale Brown write there military thrillers. I think it's quite unlikely their going to come out and say it's "bullshit". It's fiction a "no-brainer ". Besides most of us know what fiction is.

Striebers stuff is fiction he knows it fiction. And anyone who believes otherwise doesn't understand literary basics.

His stuff is not as good as it once was. I read Warday when it came out years ago and really enjoyed it,in fact it was awesome! I read Communion and it was fair. Never read past 50 pp with The Greys..poorly written inho. 2012 pass. I friend lent me his latest, "Critical Mass" I'll give it my 50 page preview and see.

Striebers a minor player in the world of thriller fiction. His input in the realm of UFO's is questionable to say the least because of his day job. So I agree in part to what you are trying to say. Just need to wade through the eloquently written prose. :)

Not sure if you knew this, but Whitley has maintained that his book communion was a true story, as well as anything else having to do with his so called Alien Abduction Experiences.

His work has always been marginal, and this notion that he's someone to be admired or paid attention to in the realm of UFOlogy, is utter nonsense.

Well, based on this thread, I went and listened to that Strieber podcast with Payola Harris - OMG, what a total car crash. Yeah, people like me are disinformation agents for stating that those silly drones are CG - that's right, me and my hidden agenda, calling a spade a spade. Jeez - and Streiber is claiming that there are yet other beings that he hasn't talked about, but if you attend his event thingy, he'll reveal the details? Whitley, exactly how many species of "others" are you in touch with? This is starting to sound like the Sparks nonsense. And Harris, well, when I met her, she claimed that she had never seen a UFO herself, now she's recanting that and saying that she's had multiple experiences, before and since we met. Yeah, she's a "UFO expert and researcher", just like Peckerman, Horny and Knello, sure she is, and I'm Sir Cadbury, Lord of Chocolate.

Now I understand why Strieber has threatened to come on the Paracast, and then reneged - he wouldn't last 10 minutes without having a Bassett-style meltdown. What a sad, sad joke.

dB

Don't be. I only remember it because it's so absurd.

I'm usually the same way. The fact that I didn't recall it for awhile, means it wasn't absurd enough in my mind, but it should be. But, it kind of takes a back seat imo to a lot of other stuff Whit has mentioned over the years.

Goddam.

So Paola Harris has literally changed her story now?

What the fuck is wrong with the people in this field? Im having trouble determining whats the chicken and whats the egg.

Payola is a bullshit artist, a fraud. Are you shocked?

The number of folks with integrity in this "field" can be counted on a pair of hands.

dB

Im shocked that someone would be so stupid to say one thing in public, on the record, then at a later date make contradictory statements again in public and on the record.

Its just insane.

I guess she was feeling left out. No doubt she thought back to one dreamy summer evening when she saw what was probably a satellite going over - BUT WHO CAN BE SURE!! COME TO THINK ABOUT IT, THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A UFO!!

omg

Linda Moulton Howe appears to have done some genuinely good investigative work in her salad days when covering cattle mutulations, but has long since lost any credibilty with here willingness to dismiss any and all pesky facts and logical, alternative explanations.

If it doesn't fit her playbook or templete, it won't get her booked on CTC. And we just can't have that.

Too bad.

Scot

Back