• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Moon Landing is a Fake

Free episodes:

Mr. Thomas there was a thread created in regards to YOU in the link below that you may find interesting. I did not create this thread myself, but figured it was fair to direct you towards it because it is in your name. Thank you for joining us on the site.

The Paracast Community Forums

Why is there no question of the authenticity of missions 12-on? If they couldn't go the first time, and figured out that they had spent so much taxpayer money before they realized that they weren't going to be able to pull it off, once they faked the first one, why not continue, making HUGE profits while doing it? And while we're at it, wouldn't they have had a better system figured out than aiming a TV camera at a live feed on a television screen, and then sending that all over the world? A crappy, second-generation copy of a live feed? Why on Earth would they do that?

(I'm just playing devil's advocate here, by the way, but when I see a fallacy of logic I have to pick it apart).

But here's a good reason for them to have faked the moon landing--if they had spent so much taxpayer money in pursuit of a goal that they eventually realized was not attainable, in the end, some higher-up functionary may have decided to fake it to prevent massive backlash.

Gil said:
But here's a good reason for them to have faked the moon landing--if they had spent so much taxpayer money in pursuit of a goal that they eventually realized was not attainable, in the end, some higher-up functionary may have decided to fake it to prevent massive backlash.

That theory makes a lot of sense.

You know--after seeing Commander Jim Lovell on the Colbert Report tonight--I'm convinced he went to the moon.

He is a steely-eyed missile man.

David Biedny said:
The moon landings were quite real. Proudest moments of the 20th century, which will not likely be equalled in our lifetimes. The notion that the landings were staged or hoaxed is right up there with the Holocaust denial nonsense. It's not like you could somehow fake the liftoff of an Apollo spacecraft, for crying out loud. Let's close this thread out right now, or cluster it together with a Flat Earth Society "discussion".

dB

David:

The rocket liftoff wouldn't have to be faked--if they indeed shot the astronauts into low Earth orbit, the liftoff would be real. The question is, did they go any further? In "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon", you can clearly see the Apollo astronauts faking a shot with the lights off of being halfway to the moon by putting a decal on the window. When they remove it, you can see from the window that they're still in low Earth orbit. Why would they fake this if they could actually go halfway to the moon?

There are major unanswered questions... why have the 700 boxes of original tapes from NASA "gone missing"? Why is the only machine in the world that can play those tapes being junked? What happened to the only record of that most proud moment in human history? How could the let (whoops!) those 700 boxes of tape disappear? Please, if you haven't seen the film, do watch it. I think you will leave a little more room for the possibility that something else happened open if you do. It's not very long, 50 minutes, I think. Keep an open mind.

I'm not saying I think we didn't go to the moon. I'm only saying, this guy has raised some very interesting evidence and it needs to be looked at. When he was on Coast, George Noory only watched the first 10 minutes of the film, and missed the part where they fake the shot and then turn the lights back on. Bart Sibrel is on to something. He's conducted interviews with half a dozen Apollo Astronauts and none of them would swear on the bible that they walked on the moon.

Here's the film:

dark-truth.org - This website is for sale! - dark truth Resources and Information.

Decide for yourselves. Keep an open mind.

If you don't believe the moon landing is a fake check out this site. It is sure to convince you -- even David and Gene will be convinced when they see the evidence presented here

Fake Moon Landings The moon landings are fake!

The most compelling evidence is towards the bottom of the website so be sure to look at it all.

No really check it out -- please ??? :)

gilbavel dont even bother presenting any REAL NASA evidence here. even tho NASA's own video proves your point, db will just put his hands over his ears and say la-la-la-la-la-la... his mind is closed on the subject. so sad when people act like that.
i believe we did go to the moon but i also firmly believe NASA faked a TON of video and photographs.

I believe man went to the moon, but that NASA faked some photographs for Propaganda purposes, Americans had just spent billions to send men to the moon, this needed to be justified to the public with some really good inspiring pictures of men on the moon, so they faked some because they would look better than the bad pictures taken by the astronauts.

nikki630:

That is a GREAT site. Every one on this board needs to go check that out. Every one will enjoy it.

As evidenced in the post about the Soviets' first shot around the moon, when America cried, "Fake!" at the lack of photos because there was a problem transmitting them until the rocket had gotten closer to Earth, just because a rocket goes up in the air does not mean it arrives at the given destination.

For instance, Bart Sibrel makes a fairly good case in his film, "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon" that the astronauts may have gone up the gantry, taken the elevator back down, and the rocket was fired off.

The big problem I have is the Van Allen radiation belts. I'm not concerned with all the photo inaccuracies, the fact that NASA _admitted_ that they used some faked shots in lieu of having the ones they wanted, and some of the other questionable stuff.

Even today, scientists say that a craft would need four feet of lead lining outside the crew compartment to pass through the radiation belts--and as we all know, the skin of the crew compartment was "so thin you could poke a pencil through it". At the beginning of the Apollo program, there was a scientist (I don't remember his name) that claimed that the Van Allen Belts were 64,000 miles across. He later revised this down to less than half that, at 25,000 miles across, just before launch time. I find this a little too convenient. Nasa's offhanded response to questions about the Van Allen Belts is that they were crossed where they are the thinnest, around the poles.

Unfortunately, we know this is not the case. One of the reasons ALL maned space flight launches happen from Florida is because it's equatorial. This helps take some of the load off of the spacecraft and requires less fuel because they are taking advantage of the Earth's spin to help escape gravity.

If Nasa's claim were true, then like a magic bullet, the Apollo rockets would have had to start off at the equator, then snake their way to the pole (pick one), pass through the Van Allen Belts (both of them), and then reestablish an equatorial orbit to pick up speed to get to the moon.

If we assume that robotic or unmanned craft could do everything that the Apollo missions did, then Sibrel's claim makes sense. The launch, even going to the moon, gathering the moon rocks and coming back could all have been done without crews.

Also, apparently, in an effort to dispense with the Van Allen Belts, the U.S. exploded a nuclear weapon in the Van Allen belts which only increased their radiation by a great deal. I found this to be one of the most stupid and shocking thing affiliated with the entire space program. According to the H.A.N.D. documents, The following scenarios occurred:

1. Project Fishbowl (U.S., 1962) exploded a 1.4 megaton H-bomb 250 miles above the South Pacific. This intensified the Van Allen belt from altitudes of 200 miles to 800 miles. Radiation levels were 100 times more intense then natural. Resulted in the destruction of 7 satellites in 7 months.
2. Argus Tests (U.S., 1958 ) exploded a low yield atomic weapon at altitude of 200 miles. New radiation belt extended for 40,000 miles.

Now that the space program is trying to get on track to send men to Mars, they are finding it difficult to properly insulate the cabin against cosmic and solar radiation. On a not-so-recent shuttle mission, mission control had to bring the shuttle down to a safer orbit because the "radiation was more dangerous than initially suspected". There was a lot of controversy stirred up about that at the time, and the moon-hoaxers hooted and hollered about that.

An astronaut from Nasa has designed a radiation shield to protect the crew compartment based on the Earth's magnetosphere. This would set up an electromagnetic charge around the cabin, and bounce radiation off of it. There are also new anti-radiation plastics that would reduce launch weight and would allow engineers to pursue a technology less bulky than four feet of lead--but they didn't have the benefit of such technologies in the sixties.

So, this one is a tough nut to crack. I'm also really concerned about the missing boxes of tapes with the original telemetry of those missions and the fact that they went ahead and destroyed the only machine that could play them. They seem unconcerned and this sends up a big red flag for me. Nasa Naysayers such as Richard Hoagland say that this is a big problem, and that while one branch was preparing to retrieve the tapes to put in a museum, another branch was busy hiding those tapes. The questions remain, who took the tapes, why, why weren't they signed out for, and where did they go? If they still even exist.

There _are_ some shady dealings around the Apollo missions. Nothing short of a full review by the GAO would clear it up, and frankly, I doubt with their track record, at least on UFOs, that they would get anywhere anyway.

Oh, and how come Neil Armstrong hasn't done a single interview since the first one, EVER?

The best way to shut down the "moon landing was hoaxed" thread on the Paracast formus, David, would simply to be to have Bart Sibrel on the show, and let him have it. Go at him with everything you've got, guns blazing. BUT--you'd have to watch his film first. But that's okay--it's only 47 minutes long.

What about he Soviets monitoring of the Apollo mission voice and data transmissions? Simple triangulation and Doppler measurement of the radio signals would have revealed precise vehicle locations in transit, lunar orbit and on the surface of the moon. Do you think the Russians would have withheld such obvious, irrefutable evidence of a hoax out of the goodness of their hearts?
Of course, all the soil and rock samples were manufactured in a Mexican gravel pit, every single one of the astronauts is a pathological liar, the laser reflector is just a conspiracy by a coven of Absinthe addicted lunar geologists, and all the collected photographic evidence taken from orbit proving the earth is flat as a billiard table has been suppressed by the League of Women Voters.
And how come Poles make the most delicious latkas? I don't know. They just do. Hold the cabbage.

gilbavel you are wasting your time and energy with this topic on this forum. db and gene are very closed minded on this subject which seems very strange to me as the evidence or rather the now LACK of evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of cover ups and deceit.

Mogwa--
The Soviets didn't have the technology to detect our spacecraft away from Earth until 1972, when the Apollo missions abruptly came to an end, even though more were planned.

Actually, the moon rocks and soil samples, being very similar to Earth's crust, could indeed have been manufactured--if they wanted to take it that far--they're basically rock that's had all the moisture taken out. It can be done in labratories, and could have been in 1969.

Oh--and it's spelled "Latkes". I haven't had any Polish ones, but I do like 'em!

Pixelsmith:

This forum probably isn't even read by Gene or David. It's for the edification of all of us. Like I've said before, I'm not necessarily a moon-hoax believer. I'm largely playing devil's advocate. I find it stimulating to examine the evidence, the lack thereof, what possible motivations there might be for conspiracy, and to discover both arguments' flaws.

I'd say we're doing a pretty good job.

!. There are two correct spellings for Polish potato pancakes:
Potato pancake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2. The Soviets didn't need sophisticated instruments in 1969 to measure the Doppler effect and triangulated points of radio transmissions. If that were the case, they would never have developed guided anti-aircraft weapons or radio telescopy until much later than they actually did. I don't know who's claiming otherwise, or why, but they're just flat out wrong. Elint of encrypted radio transmitted data is another matter altogether, and should not be confused with the subject under discussion here.
3. I guess the Apollo astronauts must have stolen their geological samples from the Russian Luna probes, unless the Soviets faked that too. And there's a lot of other factors that make the lunar samples unique other than levels of hydration.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/moon_rock_analysis_000522_MB_.html
4. We're still left with those pesky but evidently irrelevant matters of the lunar reflector and a conspiracy of all the astronauts, flight and ground crews.

Mogwa said:
!. There are two correct spellings for Polish potato pancakes:
Potato pancake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2. The Soviets didn't need sophisticated instruments in 1969 to measure the Doppler effect and triangulated points of radio transmissions. If that were the case, they would never have developed guided anti-aircraft weapons or radio telescopy until much later than they actually did. I don't know who's claiming otherwise, or why, but they're just flat out wrong. Elint of encrypted radio transmitted data is another matter altogether, and should not be confused with the subject under discussion here.
3. I guess the Apollo astronauts must have stolen their geological samples from the Russian Luna probes, unless the Soviets faked that too. And there's a lot of other factors that make the lunar samples unique other than levels of hydration.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/moon_rock_analysis_000522_MB_.html
4. We're still left with those pesky but evidently irrelevant matters of the lunar reflector and a conspiracy of all the astronauts, flight and ground crews.

Please read what is written and think. Like every single other mystery, it's not a black/white issue. It's not either a) They went to the moon and everything is true or b) It's all fake and everyone's in on the conspiracy but you.

This subject is a legitimate mystery.

For one, there is a very strong case for faked nasa photographs, and a strong case for faked videos as well. All of your arguments have no relevance to the photos and video.

Please stop and think before your brain's hatch closes. If photographs were indeed faked, must we conclude that "we didn't go to the moon?" No. We can only conclude that photographs were faked. For an unknown reason.

I'm continuously confounded at people who've had direct personal experience with the irrationally closed-minded behavior of other people when confronted with a legitimate mystery, and yet they're completely blind to that exact same behavior in themselves.

ESPECIALLY in regards to the moon landings. It has become the fashionable conspiracy to bash for people who are into paranormal subjects. But the irony is that people don't disregard this mystery because of the lack of evidence to support a mystery, but because disregarding it communicates to other people: "Yes I'm into paranormal subjects but I'm also a skeptical intellectual."

It's a current fashion to disregard this mystery. And the only fashion that appeals to me is fashion that is unabashedly so, and doesn't hide behind the guise of intellectual rigor.

pixelsmith said:
i believe we did go to the moon but i also firmly believe NASA faked a TON of video and photographs.
Why fake the photo if we actually went to the moon? I believe they airbrushed many of the photos. But why completely fake them.

Rohn

Because one concludes differently and decides not to take part in a discussion, doesn't make them closed minded. It's like with Horn... you have to give up sometime. No sense makes sense to those filled with non sense. And those that are filled with non sense, won't recognize sense when they encounter it. So what's the point in trying to discuss it? Ego flatulence?

Back