• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Moon Landing is a Fake

Wikipedia?
As an authoritative source?
Sorry David, you'r authority fails authentication due to prior factual errors concerning many entries.
Maybe Snopes?
Clue.
Uh huh.
No authoritative source quoted.
No valid theory demonstrated.
Van Allen made a mistake?
You then present an invalid argument by refering to later statements by Van Allen; Zeno principle converted to logic error.
Peer reviewed original analysis of Van Alllen's data was well documented, and accepted as scientific factual basis for estimation of shield requirements. Those numbers were not retrieved from his lower bowel ya know. Why bother "dodging" the belts if there were no danger? Your argument here is self defeating. Thank You.
Are we now to believe his apparently unadorned and sans peer retraction?
Faulty reality checking is in play on your side of the debate.
Insufficiently robust equipment excuse furnished as per requisit need?
Standard governmental modus operandi, change inconvenient facts to fit the propaganda, an old trick, but a handy one to have in one's black bag.
(I should get an extra point for the additional conspiracy leveraged as accepted carved in stone fact.)
Numbers.
Formula.
Hard data.
Something which can be shown a workable hypothesis through standard calculation.
Then we can crunch our way through to theory...maybe.
I have better arguments, but none of my originals have failed in any manner, and substantiated facts are still not being offered for debate by your side.
20 years to do it again...lol.
That was sure some damned fine seat of the pants flying....bet they needed to change their pampers after the lunar departure liftoff and docking maneuver huh?
Straw man up in flames.
House of cards scattered across lab floor.
Redemption?
X = thrust needed to lift Y + burden from lunar surface at angle of attack to achieve correct lunar orbit and attitude thruster calibration and feedback to perform kinnetics to set up for the orbital requirements, and manage the docking maneuver?
Now then.
I don't believe a Tandy XT could arrange a docking maneuver on NASA's parking lot between the lunch wagon and a guy on a moped, let alone compensate for over/under thrust conditions and perform attitude corrections to pitch, roll, and yaw of the pod in lunar orbit, and also calculate, adjust and correct pod closing rates to main ship while providing guidance into docking mechanism, and verifying mechanical lock all the while being syncronised to the main ships movements.
Where is the level of sophistication needed in instrumentation and control mechanisms for these intricate operations?
Can you refute physicist Werner Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, which states "the position and the velocity of an object cannot both be measured exactly, at the same time, even in theory."?
By the way, according to earlier arguments this is going to need to be a pressurised lockup.
Uh oh.
Houston we have a problem.
A bigger than it looks problem.
Those darned hatches, not only size now but also 1960's rubber formulations and extremely cold or hot temperatures, and pressure. Not enough air to be venting it off during crew movements in case of a seal failure.
I believe your XT ran out of memory checking the arming of the lift sequence circuit, and nobody is going to attempt manual control of such a complex series of events.
Were one (or two) to attempt it, we'd have a park dedicated to those fine astronauts who perished somewhere in space in a tumbling and rolling out of control pod, unless of course they under drove it, and crashed back onto the lunar surface. They'd still exist only as a historical footnote.
Avoiding those fictional boulders again still wouldn't save it, even at reduced gravities such as that of the moon the velocity of impact would be sufficient to destroy the pod and probably mangle the occupants like a sledge-o-matic meeting a watermellon.
The fine work by Disney Studios solved all these problems!
Of course sombody put the key light where the kicker should have been, but let's not be niggardly, I'll overlook the studio's screwups for now (but there is one huge one which will sink all battleships...I'll keep it quiet for now since it has not been publicly mentioned before).
As I mentioned, I'm prepared to argue other key points regarding this highly fluffy HOAXED moon landing.
I can also argue your side, but not on a factual basis.
I'm still a fan, but if you want to win this debate you are going to need personal attacks, inuendo regarding my intake of koolaid, and bombastic circumlocution, I'd also create a sock puppet or two to give overwhelming support to your every word, (if you don't already have well trained sycophants). You'd be well advised to challenge my mental health status, suggest some substance abuse, body odor or child molester tendancies, or threaten to stamp your foot and hold your breath till you turn blue, which would cause me to surrender at once rather than have your Mom gunning for me ( I have a Jewish Mama too, heaven forbid I should be turning blue on anyone's account...Mama would have at least the JDL and possibly some retired Mossad guys call on you.)
Oh, and don't tell Mama I'm posting on the board, she thinks I'm playing piano at a whorehouse.

"Moshi Dayan",
It is now apparent that the issue lies not in the conspiracy itself, but rather more in you. You seem to have a very strong will towards not dealing with the facts that oppose you. Something about this gives you psychological 'perks' i.e. makes you feel bigger or smarter, hence the difficulty to let it go. You are CHOOSING not to take into account every variable in the formula, as does the people that makes money on this. The only difference is they are doing it because of economical reasons. You ask why they do not put a new guy on the moon, and you stop there. You do not even reach further into it as why NOT, and then explore all those possible reasons, just because of the above stated reason. But let's face the obvious, what you want to believe is very close to you, you guard it as if it was a part of you and a line of text alone cannot change that.

Furthermore, there is no reason for you having a debate with anyone about this as you already have decided what is the truth, as you hopefully will come to terms with eventually.

But anyway, if it now happens to be that you feel for going to an observatory, go to the McDonald Observatory in Texas, and ask about reflector arrays on the moon.

--
"It always have and will always be that when facts is shown, that is contradictory to ones belief, belief being based almost entirely upon will, there will always be ignorance."

LOL@CON!

Took a little pop psych eh?

I could argue the other side just as easily.

You must have missed my post where I told David my intentions toward this thread.

David missed em too. Surprisingly this is getting to be a world class show...getting there, but the board is pretty backwater, net wise.
Gwop has his thing together, so does CottonZway, I enjoy A.LeClairs posts, a very prolific poster too, a potential draw to the board. Same for Jeff Ritzman, he's trippy peeps, his dropping in pulls audience, and will probably help a great deal.

I'm not the message board territorial type, I say what I want, when I want, and will be contrary if I damn well please, I never launch personal attacks unprovoked, but here it is, I have a right to my opinion and to post my thoughts here. I don't have the right to tell you what a jerk/clown/hick you are unless ya pull my chain, and remember, you pulled.

I didn't say I was going to be the least bit interested in the truth on this thread, In fact I pretty much had a laugh at it and played a role.

People that are looking to try to bitchslap a visitor that might jack up the local paradigm, are pretty lame or new to the whole scene, or are a poorly constructed muppet...I'm generalising but you get the gist of it.
People that "get" the joke do, the rest of em pretty much ARE the joke.
I like arguing, and I'm good at it. It's an acquired taste, sort of like Fugu.
You like Fugu?

We've got toys on Mars, so why in hell couldn't we put some on the moon?
Reflectors proves zip Dude or Dudette.
I've got a south facing balcony topside, I enjoy my scopes, those I've bought, those I've built, those I've been invited to. Ever go to a star party? If you really enjoy the hobby good on ya mate! I had a clockdrive dome on a small observatory in my backyard at the old place till the light pollution killed out the position. Sidebar, you can play with a lot of big scopes from your computer now, hitch or position on some, then ya got some sats you can look back at terra firma with. Great fun, and less travel involved than in the old days. I built my first scope more than 40 years ago. I'm not a kid, but I am a kidder.

If I want to I'll argue any position, just type whatever I want here, puts some noise in it, keeps self rightous asses jumping.
I just got through dropping some lye on a couple of cryptocuntz, got plenty left for homesteaders bushwhacking people they haven't clue one about.

So far I've run across a grand total of WTF several people worthy of some slack (Praise Bob!) here (excluding the hosts whom I have genuine respect for) but if you think your discourse here is reality based, you need to start at the other end of the thread.

You obviously are big on projection, pretty easy psych concept to grasp.
You dig numerology Con? Snap to this yard dog, I'm a steady rollin 23, savvy?
Any bile I push your way is owned by you, you bought in, I didn't single you out. The personal stuff started with YOU, not me.

You start with the weakest form of attack, you try to personally attack a persona, uh, Gomer, it's not a real person.
You think that's really me in my avatar pic too?
Just kidding, you meant well I'm sure.

I drop links to the show on high traffic boards, I'm here to build, not to tear down.

I'm just having some fun with David, review would be indicated if this really worries you. Jump in anytime, the waters not real deep here yet, but the times they are a changin, hope nobody here is buyin into the Serpo jive it's old and busted, like some droopy old precogs that aint. SB comes to mind.

Hey anyway, nice to meet ya

"All the world's a stage, and we are merely players"

Game on.

Hiya Ture!

Wiki is way wonky.
Links to anywhere can be decieving. One should never trust accepted fact to remain constant.
You know you can always trust Uncle Moshi for the best in subtly altered revisionist factoids!
No?
I'm wounded. Really.
I'm gonna pout now.
Cheers
Moshi

I like the internet. At the internet one can do alot of things, and one of those things is fabricating a personality based on the text one submit. Many people do that as it tends to soften the blow when opposed. They spend a long time with their posts, refining them and often editing them to try to make them fit perfectly and make it seem as if it was nothing at all. Thing is, that they often are affected, affected to the point that they have to spend all that time producing these thought-through posts to try to seem smarter and more rigid than they actualy are. This is ofcource just a call of desperation, but as aboe stated the posters on i.e. a forum have alot of time to refine their answer, their desperate calls gets less obvious yet still obvious.

anyone who has basic photography skills can plainly see there is NO way to light the dark side of the lander in the way they did. no way.

anyone with even the most basic photoshop skills can see many of the photos are indeed fake. c'mon David, you have used PS as long or longer than myself you must see the same things i do.

To see grown adults debating the moon landing is a sad thing. it's truly an insult to the brave people that undertook the incredible mission, the proudest moment of human history, for my money. I've seen so many of the moon landing photos, and none of them look suspicious to my eyes. Light and shadow works differently on the moon, so to expect things to work as they do in the Earth's atmosphere is silly.

Anyway, in the interest of open expression, we're more than happy to let everyone debate the idea of whether we went to the moon or not, but to me, it's a waste of time. We might as well debate the idea of the shape of the Earth, or whether the moon is made of cheese. Seriously.

dB

pixelsmith said:
anyone who has basic photography skills can plainly see there is NO way to light the dark side of the lander in the way they did. no way.

anyone with even the most basic photoshop skills can see many of the photos are indeed fake. c'mon David, you have used PS as long or longer than myself you must see the same things i do.

If there is no way to do it, how did they hoax it? I'm confused.

The moon reflects a lot of light. I think related issues were dealt with in the link I provided in this thread. I do not know what photo you are referring to or might comment further. Have a link?

while i do not agree with some of this web sites information, it does show the photos i am talking about. note the very well lit shadows.

while "on the moon" there is no way they could "fill in" those areas with the equipment used.

note: i do not claim we never went to the moon. i claim many of the NASA photos are fake.

ooh. contacts. LMAO.
i was with my parents watching it land. i remember seeing moon dust flying around, i wonder why you dont see any dust on the landing gear?

pixelsmith said:
ooh. contacts. LMAO.
i was with my parents watching it land. i remember seeing moon dust flying around, i wonder why you dont see any dust on the landing gear?

Also dealt with in the link I provided. Someone else mention Van Allen belts, it too is dealt with.

"A large amount of dust was generated during the landings, yet no dust can be seen on the Lunar Module footpads.

This thinking draws on our common experience from Earth but, as we all know, the Moon is not the Earth. If wind picks up dust on Earth we get billowing clouds that tend to settle all over everything. This occurs because the Earth has an atmosphere. The Moon has no atmosphere so any dust that was blown by engine exhaust would follow a simple ballistic trajectory and fall immediately back to the surface. The dust would be blown outward away from the LM, thus the lack of dust on the footpads is exactly what we would expect to see.

The astronauts make deep footprints around the landing site, yet the Lunar Module exhaust should have blown the area clean of dust.

The downward traveling exhaust stream would impact the ground and rebound mostly outward and away from the surface. Since there is no atmosphere to interact with, the gas molecules would simply fly off and disperse (see note below). The only dust particles that would be displaced would be those directly impacted by the exhaust gas. Since the exhaust stream was concentrated mostly in the area directly beneath the Lunar Module, this zone would experience the greatest disturbance. The area adjacent to the LM would be largely unaffected by the exhaust stream.

NOTE: On Earth, the exhaust gas would impact and displace air molecules that would, in turn, displace other air molecules and so on. This phenomenon would create a large area of disturbance. Since the Moon has no atmosphere this type of widespread disturbance would be nonexistent.

The Lunar Module weighed about 17 tons, yet the astronauts' feet seem to have made a deeper impression in the lunar dust.

The hoax advocates often quote the weight of the Lunar Module as 16 to 18 tons (weights varied mission to mission). This was the LM's Earth weight when fully fueled and included about 9 tons of descent stage propellant. By the time the LM reached the surface, its weight in lunar gravity was only about 2,700 lbs. With four 37-inch diameter footpads, the load on the surface was about 90 lbs/ft2. Neil Armstrong's fully suited weight on the Moon was 58 lbs. His boots covered an area of about one square foot, giving a load of 58 lbs/ft2. In Armstrong's own words "the LM footpads are only depressed in the surface about 1 or 2 inches". On the other hand, the footprints of the astronauts were depressed only a fraction of an inch, although people often exaggerate their depth. "

The Moon Hoax Debate

david, explain to me the lack of dust on the lander pads? when you are done explaining the lack of dust generated by the tremendous thrust then watch this and explain how the soft tires of a slow moving vehicle kick dust up so high...

while i do not agree with some of this web sites information, it does show the photos i am talking about. note the very well lit shadows.

while "on the moon" there is no way they could "fill in" those areas with the equipment used.
They didn't need fill lighting. On July 20, 1969, the date of the first moon landing, at 1617 EDT, the moon was a waxing crescent, 5.78 days "old". This image is a screengrab from a Starry Night screen for that date and time.

Moon-19690720-1617.jpg

Note where Apollo 11 landed.

moonmap-sm.jpg

Earth was high in the lunar sky and about 65% of "full". Earthlight is many times brighter than moonlight. Ergo, it can provide the shadow "fill light". Coupled with sunlight reflected off of terrain, there's no such thing as a totally black shadow on the moon.

Any other arguments?

AL, one cannot have a rational discussion with a conspiracy nut. Their minds are made up, and facts just annoy them.

KorMan. why did they fake so much stuff?

watch all five then tell me what you think.

I don't believe that they did, ergo I'm not going to waste my time on YouTube piffle.

This Documentary was produced by Bart Winfield Sibrel. He is an Investigative Journalist based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Bart Winfield Sibrel

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon

As listed by www.crank.net A site dedicated to listing "cranks, crankpots, kooks and loons on the net"

Bart Sibrel is the new kid on the block when it comes to the business of making money by claiming the moon landings were fake. Sibrel is the producer of "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Moon." You can buy his DVD or video for $29.99 from Amazon.com. But you would be well advised to read this page first!

Sibrel has no qualifications or experience that makes his opinions count for anything. He's an 'investigative journalist' (his description, not mine) who makes a living out of making videos, and stalking the Apollo astronauts. Sibrel claims on his site that the Apollo astronauts refuse to give interviews to anybody, thereby proving they have something to hide. Sibrel says "Neil Armstrong, the first man to supposedly walk on the moon, refuses to give interviews to anyone on the subject. 'Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies.' Collins also refuses to be interviewed. Aldrin, who granted an interview, threatened to sue us if we showed it to anyone."

The truth is the Apollo astronauts usually refuse to give interviews to conspiracy theorists. Most of the Apollo astronauts know who Bart Sibrel is and how he makes his living, and most avoid him whenever possible. This is why Sibrel has had to resort to "ambush" and other deceptive tactics such as posing as a crew from Discovery Channel in order to get on-camera comments from astronauts. Armstrong is likely the reason Sibrel was fired from his job as a cameraman for a Nashville, Tenn., television station. Sibrel was arrested for trespassing on Armstrong's property after Armstrong refused to grant him an interview. Would you grant more interviews to an idiot that kept calling you a liar and kept coming out with nonsensical and false accusations based on nothing more than a twisted and fertile imagination and without a single supporting fact to back it up? I think not!
Bart Winfield Sibrel

i can't waste my time on crank.net piffle.
But you want me to waste my time on conspiracy piffle from cranks. That's the difference between us, kid. I look up the source of conspiracy theories before I give any credence to them. And Sibrel sends my detector off the scale.

BSmeter.gif

Back