• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Moon bomb Oct 9th 2009

The Pair of Cats

a.k.a Philip Deane
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LCROSS/main/index.html

On investigation of the NASA site it was confirmed that the CENTAUR stage (an empty rocket stage) will impact the moon on Oct 9th.The LCROSS which is filled with instruments will fly through the plume created by the impacted CENTAUR before crashing into the lunar surface.

At first i thought it was a hoax and looking at several sites via Google (and You Tube) it appeared that NASA were sending a 2 ton Nuclear device to detonate there but according to NASA it is just an empty rocket stage and the LCROSS is a satellite filled with instruments that will also impact the moon shortly after.
Does anyone else have any info? What's the general consensus of opinion on this?

melies_tripmoon_largest.jpg

If we really do bomb the moon at least we will probably know after this if there really are ET bases hidden there. They would probably stop them or retaliate in some way. :cool:

They're really just trying to understand and begin to quantify the extent of water ice near the moons surface. I don't see any reason to be ,,.. what?? Worried? Outraged?? It's a step in getting us back to the moon by determining what resources are available and to what extent they are available.

If we really do bomb the moon at least we will probably know after this if there really are ET bases hidden there. They would probably stop them or retaliate in some way. :cool:

I hope this is a joke post.

In other news, I didnt realise this was happening today. Might watch on the NASA website.

Just watched the live feed...yawn.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back