• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Michael Corbin R.I.P.

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
When I first became involved in UFO research it was via the Paranet Computer Data System. Jim Speiser was founder of Paranet and along about 1988 or so turned Paranet over to Michael Corbin in Denver. I first met Mike via Paranet and over the years became very close to Mike.

About 1992 Mike flew me over to Denver for a live debate with Phil Klass. This became somewhat infamous because during the debate we discussed the famous Frederick Valentich case and because reports stated that Valentich had 4 life preservers on board, he must have been "drug smuggling." Well, let me have Wikipedia tell you.

From Wikipedia,
In the late 1960s, Klass quietly abandoned his plasma theory, and afterwards argued that all UFO sightings could be explained as misidentification of normal phenomena (such as clouds, stars, comets or airplanes), and/or as hoaxes. Clark contends[15] that Klass argued in favor of hoaxes more than almost any other UFO skeptic, but that Klass rarely had evidence in favor of his accusations; this position was echoed by Don Ecker[16] who asserted that during a 1992 debate, Klass made unsubstantiated charges of "drug smuggling" against Australian pilot Frederick Valentich, who disappeared in 1978 after claiming a strange UFO was flying near his airplane.

Corbin was still doing Paranet but began another organization called MICAP. He also began radio broadcasting. I was interviewed by Mike. Whats this all about you may be asking me? Well, this evening I received an email with an attached PDF file from Jim Speiser. It appears that Mike suffered a stroke and died . . . in March of last year. I saw nothing about this anywhere and feel bad about that. Here is the PDF file that will tell you about Mike. In more recent years Mike became involved in conspiracy investigations, and of course there are those now who question if his death was "natural." I do know that Mike had put a lot of weight on and he did smoke so who knows? At any rate I will miss Michael Corbin.

In Memory of Michael

https://www.theparacast.com/darkmatters/CorbinStory.pdf

Decker

Hello Again Paracast. After discovering the passing of Michael Corbin, and hearing of John Keel leaving us, and remembering Russ Estes I just did a blog posting on all those guys on my Dark Matters Radio blog. A little history for you if you are somewhat new in the wonderful and wacky world of UFO research. (And other weird research pursuits!)

I invite you to go over to Dark Matters Radio - Just another WordPress weblog and check out "And Time keeps moving on . . ." with the added benefit of .... PICTURES ! :D As always, leave a note there if the spirit moves you.

Decker

When I first became involved in UFO research it was via the Paranet Computer Data System. Jim Speiser was founder of Paranet and along about 1988 or so turned Paranet over to Michael Corbin in Denver. I first met Mike via Paranet and over the years became very close to Mike.

About 1992 Mike flew me over to Denver for a live debate with Phil Klass.

<snip>

I was recently in contact with some of the Corbin colleagues as I was searching for one or a two shows to complete my archival collection of Paranet Continuum. I was able to arhive almost all of his shows - only 1-2 episodes are unfortunately incomplete at my side so I was trying to find the material on source to complete the collection. His colleague Clark in his email from August 06 told me that "unfortunately, Michael's broadcasts, library of books, and legacy are in a terrible mess". He adds that there are some people who are trying to catalog Michael's estate but there is opposition from a family member that could prevent people from obtaining the old radio shows.

Michael pages were down after his death and his shows are now offline. But his archives is not lost. If anyone will need any show from Paracast Continuum you can send request and I will be glad to upload for research purposes.

Best Wishes and keep up the great work.

Giuliano

Back