• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Meteor in Alberta Canada..but where is it?

jackthefast

Paranormal Novice
Hi All!

Wondering if this made the news on your neck of the woods. I'm in Alberta so it definitely did. Everybody says it was a Meteor crashing. Looks like it but looking at the videos it seems like a explosion is occurs when it hits the ground. My question is why didn't anybody find the crash site? It's been 2 days and they are still looking :D

What is it? Why didn't anybody find the crash site yet?

jackthefast

Hi All!

What is it? Why didn't anybody find the crash site yet?

jackthefast

I read a bit in my local paper today they think it is near Manitou Lake area, somewhere around Macklin. If that is so, there is a heck of a lot of open ground with sparse habitation around there. Unless it hit the giant bunnock and burned it to the ground, it may take quite a while to find it!
They are checking with anyone who reported seeing it, and trying to work out the location by refining the trajectory specs.

Incredible footage. It's hard to say how large the impact site will be because it's hard to judge size based on the aerial sighting alone, but I would wager a guess and say that's a pretty good sized one. It certainly burned up very nicely and left quite a trail, so I'm curious to see how much of it impacted the ground and what kind of mark it left. Thanks for the post.

Back