• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Metallic sphere in a cloudless sky.

In that 5-6 seconds of observation, did the idea of capturing it using that camera in your hands never occur or were you too busy just puzzling out the image? Do you remember your thought process during that time frame?

When you say it just vanished was there really no motion at all prior to disappearing? Was its vanishing instantaneous or a rapid dissolve?

Regarding the camera it all happened so quickly that all I was thinking about was what it was I was looking at. Had it been there a bit longer I probably would have thought about the camera. Although, I don't even recall if I had a tape in it yet as I was mainly setting up the camera angle, adjusting the iris, etc.

There was no movement at all prior to disappearing. It looked like a fixed object in the sky. As far as how it vanished, it did it very quickly. I had no sensation of it 'fading away', so probably more of an instantaneous disappearance.
Many a witness has reported the sensation of feeling compelled to look at something they didn't know was there and then suddenly, they look up and there's the UFO. Did you have any other sensations or ideas during your viewing experience or was it more just awe and curiosity?

And what about that camera? I know that if you were prepping it for a specific shot it would not be that easy to reorient it on the tripod, especially if it was already locked down. But I'm still quite curious, did the idea of yanking that camera up to the sky not have enough time to formulate because the viewing was so brief?

It was probably like...

"Hey, over here, human, look at me, yoo-hoo, can't get me"

"..um, boss, I think that's a camera in his hands...looks like he's going to point it at us any moment"

"Wha? Shoot. Stealth mode! Emergency zipoff! NOW!"

Last edited:
Many a witness has reported the sensation of feeling compelled to look at something they didn't know was there and then suddenly, they look up and there's the UFO. Did you have any other sensations or ideas during your viewing experience or was it more just awe and curiosity?

And what about that camera? I know that if you were prepping it for a specific shot it would not be that easy to reorient it on the tripod, especially if it was already locked down. But I'm still quite curious, did the idea of yanking that camera up to the sky not have enough time to formulate because the viewing was so brief?

The only other thing that I felt was the feeling of being observed, like when you look up and find that someone in a room is looking at you. I definitely had a sense that I was looking at something more than a silver balloon because there was the feeling that it was looking back. It all felt very purposeful in a way that I can't explain. When you see a plane in the sky, you know there are people on it, so you know that it holds intelligent life, but the focus of that intelligence is not directed at you. This was different.

As far as the camera goes, yes the viewing was brief and it did not cross my mind. But even if it had, I don't think it would have registered on the lens. The object was already small to my naked eye and with the wide angle lens that was mounted on the camera which tends to make everything look even further away, I seriously doubt it would have been much to look at through the camera with that lens attached.

Thanks for sharing about that 'sensation of feeling compelled to look'. I did not know that other people who witnessed something also experienced that.

It was probably like...

"Hey, over here, human, look at me, yoo-hoo, can't get me"

"..um, boss, I think that's a camera in his hands...looks like he's going to point it at us any moment"

"Wha? Shoot. Stealth mode! Emergency zipoff! NOW!"

And then they would have said,

"Why did we leave so soon? We could have been movie stars!"

damn, you could of become a famous ufologist, and got rich of that footage and story, you could of been as big as Moussan, and that guy with the beard out of star trek who does all the UFO stuff, only the little grey ****'s went and blinked out on you, geez.

Thanks for sharing about that 'sensation of feeling compelled to look'. I did not know that other people who witnessed something also experienced that.
One aspect of the UFO phenomenon that is often cited by witnesses includes: feeling compelled to look up for no reason & mental telepathy - receiving messages while viewing objects and/or the sensation that the object under observation is looking back at the witness. I feel that these emotions and sensations are highly subjective and may originate entirely from the excited emotional and psychological state of the witness.

While viewing a glowing orb in the sky one evening, I personally experienced the sensation that it was honed in on me when it suddenly changed direction to move towards me and my son. There was a sudden moment of excitement and then the light changed directions again, floated across the darkening evening sky and then appeared to rapidly shoot off into the distance. Upon later thought, I decided that it was most likely a Chinese lantern caught in low level wind currents and then extinguished slowly while I was looking at it giving the appearance of shooting across the sky. Regardless, the emotions it produced were memorable.

I'm fascinated by witness responses to unique external stimuli and wonder if we can ever tell the difference between purely personal subjective experiences, "sixth sense" feelings and actual telepathic contact.

damn, you could of become a famous ufologist, and got rich of that footage and story, you could of been as big as Moussan, and that guy with the beard out of star trek who does all the UFO stuff, only the little grey ****'s went and blinked out on you, geez.

Only in my wildest ufologist dreams now I guess:)

One aspect of the UFO phenomenon that is often cited by witnesses includes: feeling compelled to look up for no reason & mental telepathy - receiving messages while viewing objects and/or the sensation that the object under observation is looking back at the witness. I feel that these emotions and sensations are highly subjective and may originate entirely from the excited emotional and psychological state of the witness.

While viewing a glowing orb in the sky one evening, I personally experienced the sensation that it was honed in on me when it suddenly changed direction to move towards me and my son. There was a sudden moment of excitement and then the light changed directions again, floated across the darkening evening sky and then appeared to rapidly shoot off into the distance. Upon later thought, I decided that it was most likely a Chinese lantern caught in low level wind currents and then extinguished slowly while I was looking at it giving the appearance of shooting across the sky. Regardless, the emotions it produced were memorable.

I'm fascinated by witness responses to unique external stimuli and wonder if we can ever tell the difference between purely personal subjective experiences, "sixth sense" feelings and actual telepathic contact.

That is an interesting topic. On a lighter note I'm reminded of passing a radar cop and then you see those lights behind you and you think, 'Oh man, he's coming for me', only to see him zip past and ticket another car. Up until the time of this post there were two things about my sighting I had never thought of...One was using my camera and the second one was that I did not realize how strongly I had felt the 'connection' experience until I put it into words...interesting stuff!

That is an interesting topic. On a lighter note I'm reminded of passing a radar cop and then you see those lights behind you and you think, 'Oh man, he's coming for me', only to see him zip past and ticket another car. Up until the time of this post there were two things about my sighting I had never thought of...One was using my camera and the second one was that I did not realize how strongly I had felt the 'connection' experience until I put it into words...interesting stuff!

Three thing's, you never thought about 'mooning' them either.

I had a silver metal sphere sighting myself months ago on the highway on my way to work. It is incredible to me that by the time I got to work, I had completely forgotten about it. I didn't tell anyone about it until weeks later. Maybe skepticism? Who knows. Anyway, I am not sure why I decided to Google "I saw a metal sphere in the sky and then it moved quickly and disappeared" today but I did. This webpage is what I stumbled upon. I was driving to work here in Pennsylvania on the highway. I saw a silver metal object in the sky. It was very far away though, so I literally sat forward in my car to get a better look. A second later, it came toward my direction, much much closer, and very quickly, very quickly, to the point that I could see clearly it was a metallic silver sphere. A split second later, it moved laterally and disappeared completely. The horizontal and lateral movements must have been miles that the object traveled, in fractions of a second, and nothing on Earth has been able to move that quickly and in different directions as this sphere did. I am still intrigued and love reading this post.
Thank you,
Emily Moser

Back