• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Men in Black

Free episodes:

nycjeff

Paranormal Novice
I've always found the men in black concept interesting.
Guys in dark suits come to keep you quiet after you've seen a ufo.

My question is, has anyone that's ever faked a ufo sighting been visited by men in black.
So if I fake up some story about seeing a ufo in my back yard, is it conceivable that I get a visit.
I guess one needs to assume that MIB are real for the rest to follow.
Anyway, just curious what people think.

nycjeff said:
I've always found the men in black concept interesting.
Guys in dark suits come to keep you quiet after you've seen a ufo.

My question is, has anyone that's ever faked a ufo sighting been visited by men in black.
So if I fake up some story about seeing a ufo in my back yard, is it conceivable that I get a visit.
I guess one needs to assume that MIB are real for the rest to follow.
Anyway, just curious what people think.

It seems to me that the Men in Black phenomenon is so-1960s and 70s. To what degree have you seen any number of these reports since then? That would be an area ripe for discussion.

Gene Steinberg said:
It seems to me that the Men in Black phenomenon is so-1960s and 70s. To what degree have you seen any number of these reports since then? That would be an area ripe for discussion.

I think you're generally right Gene about the timeframe for the MIB, although Jenny Randles in her book 'Investigating the Truth behind the MIB Phenomenon' discusses cases, some from the UK, from the 1980s.

Good points. I hadn't really thought about them having a time frame. I was more thinking about them being a part of the overall lore. I believe Dan Burisch talked about them in his interviews at project camelot, but lots of folks think Burisch is a phony.

I think MIBs are a lot like Chupacabra, in the sense that there is a kernel of truth that got blown way out of proportion. I'm convinced people from different agencies have confiscated and threaten ufo witnesses in the past. They may wear black suits often.

I don't think they are animated corpses as Dan Burisch seems to heavily imply.

The problem with a hoaxer being visited by MIB is such; If the person is a hoaxer and claims to have been visited, I wouldn't believe it. So, your question is very hard to answer.

derekcbart said:
Hello.

This is my first posting on this forum and I think you might find this story rather interesting: http://www.csicop.org/si/9805/barker.html

It is the actual history of the MIB and how it all started as a piece of fiction writing.

I did know Gray Barker, so the story you will read in that link is, to the best of my knowledge, absolutely true. In saying that, though, I'm very much on the fence about so-called Men In Black claims. It's quite possible these are reports based on actual government investigations of UFO cases, and it's certainly possible some of those agents leveraged the MIB legends to advance their agendas.

As always, we welcome your comments.

The only way the " MEN IN BLACK" will visit you if you file a government report with city or state agency. Just to give yo;) u head's up

im new here, but i just posted in the ufo section about a black helicopter that once buzzed my house, it would have been about 10 years ago, now that i think about it the occupants wore black

Back