• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Men in black a radio wave in the past?

OceansLost

Skilled Investigator
So after my awful title, I thought I'd bring this idea up Just been blasting Nick Redfern, and got me thinking, the Men In Black (MIBs) could the reason the way they dress in a 50's style have something to do with early tv signals sent into space? I realise it's far fetched but it got me thinking, in short after a dyslexic attempt at asking a question I really Mean, Could the Men In Black dress code be inspired by signals from tv/radio etc being sent into space all those years ago, and they have picked up on this? and tried to merge in with society and well uh, failed? Like my spelling?

I have to say it's unlikely that somebody with the technology to travel across space and time. Would be so naive as to mess up how to dress and talk. Seems like they would figure that one out pretty quickly. ;)

I disagree man/sis? I do think it could happen, they could be really really tired and forgot to check the latest trends? and who's to say they come from far away :p

Can't say I believe in alien visitation. But, if there are any then I do have to agree that it would be hard to understand their motives. They might be tired or just distracted. :p

Perhaps they landed in an Amish community and their attire is considered a middle ground? Good for them that they didn't land in a Canadian mounted police academy or they might all look like Dudley Do-Right.

Lucky they did not land in the middle of a gay pride madrigals either or we would have to call them the men in rainbow :p:p:p

I almost broadsided a classic MIB mobile on a dark stretch of highway in British Columbia Canada. I have no idea what motivated them to use classic Cadillacs or dress like FBI agents, or if they still operate that way ( another time they showed up at my place in a freaking K-Car limo ), but one thing is for sure, they're a weird bunch.

It would make for a good sketch. Each week they could turn up in different period clothing depending which TV show they had been watching... from the 1936 Berlin Olympics (turning up as Nazi's), to arriving in late Edwardian/ early Victorian clothing having watched recent re-runs of Upstairs/ Downstairs and Downton Abbey on the BBC.. any more suggestions?

Back