• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Medjugorie Apparitions - Mirjana

Tyger

Paranormal Adept
The first video is of a recent apparition. These apparitions have been happening since 1981: Medjugorje - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
The Medjugorje Web - Apparitions of the Virgin Mary in Medjugorje

Medjugorje February 2, 2013 - Apparition to Mirjana

LINK:

Q&A with Medjugorje visionary Mirjana, about Jesus and Mary
LINK:

Ten Secrets of Medjugorje from Mirjana Soldo
LINK:

FROM WIKI:
The phenomenon is not officially approved by the Catholic Church.[14][18] Bishop Ratko Perić of the diocese of Mostar-Duvno, responsible for Medjugorje, has stated, "The numerous absurd messages, lies, falsehoods and disobedience associated from the beginning with the events and "apparitions" of Medjugorje, all refute every claim of authenticity."[19] In response to inquiries about the apparitions in general and the comments of Bishop Perić in particular, then-Archbishop Tarcisio Bertone, as Secretary of theCongregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, wrote that the comments of Bishop Perić "should be considered the expression of the personal conviction of the Bishop of Mostar which he has the right to express as Ordinary of the place, but which is and remains his personal opinion."[20]

Tomislav Vlašić, one of the main publicists of the apparitions, was laicized by Pope Benedict XVI in July 2009. He had been accused of sexual misconduct, "dubious doctrine, the manipulation of consciences, suspect mysticism and disobedience towards legitimately issued orders".[21]

In March 2010, the Holy See announced that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was forming an investigative commission, composed of bishops, theologians, and other experts, under the leadership of Cardinal Camillo Ruini, the Pope's former Vicar General for the Diocese of Rome. The Commission is expected to report any findings to the Congregation, which has responsibility for any possible judgment on the case.[22]

The Wiki exposition on this topic is questionable but at least gives a sense. I am not aware of 'absurd messages, lies, falsehoods and disobedience'. It appears to be surrounded with the usual swirling emotional 'blinds' associated with such events.

Last edited:
Gives background - I don't believe or dis-believe - I simply have always been fascinated by this event. Have never looked into it deeply but note that since the 1800's there has always been an apparition of 'Our Lady' taking place: Lourdes, Fatima, Garabandal, Akita (Stigmata), Mudjugorje and I'm sure there are others.

Mirjana's Witness - Part 1
LINK:

Last edited:
Here is a history given by believers but still valuable because many details given - though one has to have patience. Watch like an anthropologist.

Mejugorje is apparently seen as a continuation of Fatima (just found that out). Mejugorje is also being touted as the final apparition of 'The Lady' - or 'Our Lady'. I think this kind of thing is relevant (similar) to the apparitional nature of much that is taking place now around the world.

Sr Emmanuel from Medjugorje 1B (1 of 3)
LINK:

Last edited:
Back