• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 3rd - Peter Robbins

When Peter Robbins talks about the Warren episode, he is on target.When he discusses the first night, he is using Warren's conversation with Burroughs and Cabansac's letter, revealing his personal knowledge. Cabansac was involved that night. There is a description of Burroughs pulling a side arm on the triangular craft. At a UFO conference last year, Robbins revealed that Burroughs jumped on the craft and tried to subdue it. Robbins also let known that a fourth member of that team went missing and it was suggested that he was abducted.He was later found and returned to the States. The real story of the first night was none of the above. It was an encounter with an 'alien' force in an atmosphere of an intense electro-magnetic field and a possible gravitational force field which slowed down time, mind and body and deeply affected Burroughs and Penniston to this day.
As one who has sufficient knowledge of the Rendlesham Forest Incident (RFI), I don't know where Robbins got his information for the second night. I share the board with many skeptics and black ops revisionists and its the first we ever heard of this as he published the same info on our board last summer and he NEVER responded to our questions. John Burroughs saw the daily logs and reported something entirely different. I wouldn't call Peter Robbins an expert on the entire RFIs.and his refusal to answer very pointed questions did not enhance his status.
I'm not going to discuss the third night, yet. Read Turn Left at East Gate.
I believe these three events took place but after all this time they haven't been sorted out.The missing link is Bustinza. Burroughs said he doesn't want to get involved because of the distress it caused his family, his religion, and possible reprisal as he works as a law enforcement agent for the government. Those that are sceptical of Warren could get a fuller story from Bustinza as he saw everything Warren did as they were near each other and he was there when the large alien craft took off an hour after Warren left the scene.
By the way, I would like to suggest a guest for one of your future paracasts...John Burroughs.

If this was a Psy-Op operation as some claim, does anyone know of any previous Psy-op operations concerning UFO's that have been documented?

This was a truly great show! I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I'm not a total RFI believer. I'm sure this will draw some flack: feel free to blast away ...

I agree with Gene and David, that they actually went easy on Mr. Robbins. I'd like to hear Mr. Robbins' thoughts on really encouraging the former airmen to undergo lie detector tests. I know there are problems with those tests, but let's just see how he/they would receive such a suggestion.

Along the personal-perceptual lines of the idea that the RFI was a "psy-op", I recall coming across an accusation that the airmen may have been under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs during this period of time--the end-of-the-year holidays were an especially popular time for service men to let loose, from what I gathered. Again, let's just see how they receive such a suggestion.

Also, other points I recall reading from skeptics included claims that there was a major discrepancy between the date recorded in the famous notebook and the date of the alleged incident; and the story of the close encounter with alien beings was something that really stuck out like a sore thumb from the rest of the sightings of unidentified lights, and that this encounter was accompanied by a serious witness credibility gap.

(Along those lines, the whole story of the scary debriefing, or whatever, in a secret subterranean interrogation room smells like a total fabrication, and really taints the story of the unidentified lights phenomenon, which I'm actually willing to entertain.)

Also, one thing that has always bothered me about the equally famous audio recording is exactly what David brought up: electronic devices are supposed to die when these craft are nearby, so why would the tape recorder keep working, even when a craft was allegedly right on top of it, shining a beam down to the ground?

I have to confess, I'm mentioning things off the top of my head at this late hour--things I recall reading and raising doubts in my mind over the RFI. So I apologize for not having sought out any links to support this post, but it's late and I've really got to stop staying up so darn late visiting the forum!

One more thing: I couldn't agree more with Gene and David's iMac recommendations. Buying an iMac was the best technology choice my household ever made!

fresh-apple1233606650.jpg

You know what? It's time for me to retire from the forums, so that it won't matter if "David" sees or doesn't see something.

Enjoy folks, I'm outta here.

dB
Come on David where would this forum be without you? It is great when you are ripping someone a new one that deserves it. On the other hand you DO have your moods and sometimes it is difficult to know when you joking, in a mood or are genuinely pissed.

Don't take what people write in a somewhat joking way about how you might respond so seriously.

pupilstutor: Peter Robbins has indicated that he will pop in from time to time.

Maybe post a couple of questions you have for him and see if he answers?

Come on David where would this forum be without you? It is great when you are ripping someone a new one that deserves it. On the other hand you DO have your moods and sometimes it is difficult to know when you joking, in a mood or are genuinely pissed.

Don't take what people write in a somewhat joking way about how you might respond so seriously.

he was referring to a comment on the previous page.

This is a compelling idea. However, if "alien abductions" are in reality hypnotically implanted by human agencies using some sort of advanced human technology, it seems that it would have malfunctioned more than just once in the history of abduction literature.

I agree, Brandon.

I don't think Alison's story makes a complete picture. I have my doubts that it is even true, given its fantastic nature. All abduction scenarios are in fact too fantastic for me, especially given that we humans are able to project onto the world our individual perspective.

But I've been on the dehumanizing end of having to visit a gynocologist. I have NOT been terrorized with nose probes, but when I read abduction scenarios, rather than being struck by the physical processes at play, the psychological patterns stare me in the face. Immobilize, dehumanize, terrorize.

Sounds like government to me. :D

they actually went easy on Mr. Robbins

Agreed. And there are things that bother me about the notebook and tape recorder as well. I find it "unnatural" that a man in the field would be going around recording this stuff to begin with. And the notebook... seems like it, AND the recording would have been turned into "superiors" upon returning to the base and would never be seen again.

I'm not convinced it was purely a psy-op, maybe partly, but it seems that something strange did happen. Apart from some of the really strange stuff that is uncoroborated (not untrue, just very hard to prove), the reason that the tape got out and all the statements are in the public domain maybe has something to do with the fact that it happened outside of the US, in England, yet at the same time not under British jurisdiction. The US could try to silence everybody involved, but there may be a delayed reaction, or delayed reports on the subject, etc., and they may not have been able to jump on the case in the time that was needed to keep it hushed. Similarly, the British couldn't have done anything about it. Halt sent the memo to the MOD. He shouldn't have done that, but he was under the impression at the time that this was the correct procedure. Perhaps being stationed on foreign soil created such confusing instances, and may have led to so much of the case leaking out.

Skunkape

I believe Robbins described the equilateral triangle at 7 feet each side.Penniston, who was there, guestimated it at 9 meters. He said the craft moved away from them less than one foot per second. Below, is a quote from an astrophysicist who occasionally posted on the board.

" What I have seen during that time(40 years) are several unconventual nuts and bolts craft(call them UFOs if you like) the top one being the 'Rendlesham type' flying triangle complete with pipes and boxes on five occasions (three of which were with other astronomers with me). It really is as eerie and strange as they say especially when it hovers and crawls over your head at a snail's pace, so slow you feel it will fall out of the sky onto your head!"

" What I have seen during that time(40 years) are several unconventual nuts and bolts craft(call them UFOs if you like) the top one being the 'Rendlesham type' flying triangle complete with pipes and boxes on five occasions (three of which were with other astronomers with me). It really is as eerie and strange as they say especially when it hovers and crawls over your head at a snail's pace, so slow you feel it will fall out of the sky onto your head!"

I saw a triangular shaped object in the sky a couple of years ago (only thing I've ever seen). It was a bit like a boomerang, or like the star trek symbol for starfleet. It wasn't a complete triangle - it came in at the end. On each apex was a light, with a brighter light in the centre between the apexes. I saw this with three other people:rolleyes:

The last part of the description quoted above is especially interesting to me. Floating slowly across the sky is exactly how I would describe it as moving.

Like David has brought up a couple of times, it was like we were being shown something. My greatest emotional reaction to the sighting was one of awe. I remember looking up, wide eyed with my jaw dropped

Psy- ops

We discussed it on the RFI board. No evidence.

I keep stressing to read Left at East Gate. Warren was taken underground somewhere. He was messed with. He was threatened. He now lives in Great Britain. He doesn't understand computers especially word processors. He comes off BADLY. That part of GB had many underground passages left over from WW2.

Were drugs involved?

I've read every scenario proposed. It all comes down to what's left standing. If you believe any one of the alternate theories, you need to say everyone involved is a liar and was playacting. The most sceptical say nothing happened.There were three radio networks operating...everything was being taped. Hastings, a future guest has info
One fact kills all the theories.When Penniston said it was a triangular craft in 1980 that was NEW. He said it travelled at less than one foot a second.
That was New.These observations have subsequently been confirmed.

Psy- ops

We discussed it on the RFI board. No evidence.

I keep stressing to read Left at East Gate. Warren was taken underground somewhere. He was messed with. He was threatened. He now lives in Great Britain. He doesn't understand computers especially word processors. He comes off BADLY. That part of GB had many underground passages left over from WW2.

Were drugs involved?

I've read every scenario proposed. It all comes down to what's left standing. If you believe any one of the alternate theories, you need to say everyone involved is a liar and was playacting. The most sceptical say nothing happened.There were three radio networks operating...everything was being taped. Hastings, a future guest has info
One fact kills all the theories.When Penniston said it was a triangular craft in 1980 that was NEW. He said it travelled at less than one foot a second.
That was New.These observations have subsequently been confirmed.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying that what he reported about the ufo's behavior was new?

Triangle shaped objects were reported before 1980. Cops chased one in my area in the 70s. Was dealt with by Alan Handalman on the radio even.

Slowly moving ufos have been around before 80 too.

Two Corrections-

Cabansac is the pronunciation for the name Cabansag.

If I wrote 9 meters, I meant 9 feet.

A. LaClair

It was my impression that triangular craft were relatively unknown to the public in 1980. None of the participants had any idea what it was.Yet it was described accurately. Are you saying triangular craft were commonplace in 1980 and that very slow moving UFOs were not an oddity outside of the examples you mentioned?

You know what? It's time for me to retire from the forums, so that it won't matter if "David" sees or doesn't see something.

Enjoy folks, I'm outta here.

dB

David....you DO know I meant that tongue in cheek.....right? :eek: You BETTER NOT RETIRE from these forums! And like others have said, what would the Forum be without YOU (and Gene)?!

Besides...don't let me (and everyone here) feel like my X-Files comment made you retire! :eek:

Bixyboo

But why would the base have ufo footage to show Warren? Have all mill bases have footage they can just come out with? Curious::)

Absolutely fascinating case. I wonder why gov. people would continually meet with Larry over the years with the apparent intention of maintaining his interest in the Rendlesham case, showing him files and photos and stuff.

If they were the government, that is...

That doesn't really make any sense to me. The behavior of the gov. regarding this case (including the film briefing) almost implies to me the "extraterrestrial cover story" angle, and the possibility that some group is trying to promote the idea of an extraterrestrial presence, and encourage greater public acceptance of the idea via Larry and Peter.

In the hopes of promoting a false-pretense concerning an extraterrestrial presence? What would you consider to be the truth behind such a "cover story"?

In the hopes of promoting a false-pretense concerning an extraterrestrial presence? What would you consider to be the truth behind such a "cover story"?

Don't know, but one possibility is that the intelligence exists among us, ala Mac Tonnies. It would serve to keep us feeling secure and avoid panic to give the public the impression that this intelligence is something "out there" that pays a visit, and then leaves.

Like David has brought up a couple of times, it was like we were being shown something. My greatest emotional reaction to the sighting was one of awe. I remember looking up, wide eyed with my jaw dropped

That's how I felt, absolute awe - upon viewing something going through incredible maneuvers almost 13 years ago. And I literally felt that I was directed to observe this display, even before it showed itself.

Back