• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 26th

Free episodes:

Rocketsauce said:
another good episode (still got 10 mins left though), some cool theories, stories, and we even get a nice nugget with Al putting himself out on a limb with his prediction of July 3rd.

Will this be another Stephenville sighting, an early 4th of July firework, we'll have to see............

David, great job for pulling that out of Al, otherwise what's the point of hearing how effective his cipher is.

You don't get it. Anyone who masters the technique and keeps up with cases can make such predictions. The cipher is guaranteed not to work if you don't use it.

valiens said:
Rocketsauce said:
David, great job for pulling that out of Al, otherwise what's the point of hearing how effective his cipher is.

Now he's going to have to fake a huge sighting. Time to unretire Moseley's hoaxing abilities.

I will be in Atlanta that day. Gene can call me if he likes. No cell phone BTW.

Ally said:
Allen,
I have not read any of your books and I just checked out your website briefly. You have alot of information there. Do you happen to know which occult group and/or secret society has a ritual where the leader dresses up in a purple robe and hat that has white stars and moons on it. The person looks like a Merlin figure.

Thanks

The Druids.

Probably South of Houston.

Interesting. My husband and I saw a huge, towering bank of lights hovering over a small town just southwest of Houston a few years ago. We were fifteen miles from it, but there was no mistaking that a bank of lights never moved within the ten minute time frame for which we were able to observe. It was obscured by low flying clouds in advance of a cold front. My husband became ill and filled with dread while I measured and tried to account for an alternate explanation.

Later that month, we were in the same position to be able to view the town's normal lighting at the same time of night. There was nothing in the sky.

Just watch the skies, and watch the local media. Some of these cases quickly become .... very... obvious. Others, if it is *more* spectacular than I suspect (like a landing-abduction or such) can take awhile to leak into public view.

allengreenfield said:
Just watch the skies, and watch the local media. Some of these cases quickly become .... very... obvious. Others, if it is *more* spectacular than I suspect (like a landing-abduction or such) can take awhile to leak into public view.

Does the success of the cipher indicate that we impact the future, there are trends that make it possible to predict sightings, or that there are intentional clues that are given for the next sighting?

regarding my post about how I was glad david got you to commit to a date, I think that's totally legit. Listening to enough of these paranormal podcasts with various predications and systems on how to predict things that anyone can do, at some point you want a tangible date to check things out. It makes it more fun for the listener and it also puts your method to the test more openly to an audience that might not otherwise follow the work or have the time/motivation to learn a system of predication that has not been proven to them personally.

We'll have to put up a new thread after July 3rd to see if anyone found any news stories anywhere, like in a local texas newspaper or something.

Rocketsauce said:
allengreenfield said:

Does the success of the cipher indicate that we impact the future, there are trends that make it possible to predict sightings, or that there are intentional clues that are given for the next sighting?
Do read the books. My opinion is that the cipher is directed at specific people, who are already in touch with aliens, or are alien themselves. The discovery of the cipher allows us to 'intercept' these messages. Of course, to an extent, knowing about a future event changes the future. I think at some point the cipher will change. It has before (e.g.1820s).

I tend towards a hybrid of the Robert Temple School, that aliens have played a silent role in human history throughout our history. I define aliens as those either not born on Earth or, much more often, of a different line of descent than homo sapiens. Some, in fraternal orders and priesthoods, maintain certain communications which the cipher is a method for. Being low-tech, it is usually hard to intercept. Again, see "Secret Rituals of the Men in Black". I am influenced by "The Sirius Mystery" "Passport to Magonia" and my long relationship with the late Richard Shaver.

I enjoyed listening to this roundtable quite a bit. One thing, can anyone tell us who will be publishing this update / reissue of The Silver Bridge by Gray Barker? I wasn't familiar with this book and the show made me want to check it out... thanks!

urkotic said:
I enjoyed listening to this roundtable quite a bit. One thing, can anyone tell us who will be publishing this update / reissue of The Silver Bridge by Gray Barker? I wasn't familiar with this book and the show made me want to check it out... thanks!
:cool: It is, to the best of my knowledge, Andrew Colvin's project. Andy asked me to write a new introduction, which I did, and told me a bit about the new edition with additional material. I'm not sure of the publisher and publication date details yet.

Andy is best known for his extensive work on the Mothman phenomenon.
Here is a sample
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gorightly/2006/12/27/andrew-colvinthe-mothman-photographer

[attachment=145][attachment=145]

Attachments

• SLVER BRIDGEautograph.jpg
    SLVER BRIDGEautograph.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
The episode was Ok in my opinion, Mosely drives me up a wall for some reason he reminds me of an obnoxious drunk uncle that sits out in his pickup in the driveway babbling to anyone that walks by. Gene and David obviously has great respect or great tolerance for him; ) Allen had great information and hit on some things I hadn't realized.

Keep up the great work!

Allen

7 String said:
The episode was Ok in my opinion, Mosely drives me up a wall for some reason he reminds me of an obnoxious drunk uncle that sits out in his pickup in the driveway babbling to anyone that walks by. Gene and David obviously has great respect or great tolerance for him; ) Allen had great information and hit on some things I hadn't realized.

Keep up the great work!

Allen
;) Thank you kindly. I do try. Glad you find my work worthwhile.

As for Jim Moseley, keep in mind he is in his middle 70s, has been in UFOLogy since the early 1950s. I think those of us who know him from "the old days" like Gene and myself were much influenced by his humor and broad knowledge in our youth, and perhaps we 'hear something' in what he says that others do not. Respect for the elderly - including in their shortcomings - is perhaps a virtue worth cultivating... we will all be there eventually.

Allen, I have a question for you:

In my opinion, the idea of an occult cipher associated with paranormal phenomena gives me the impression of more than one group of higher intelligences who are at odds with one another. Something like one group being the "owners" of the chicken coop, and another group being the "infiltrators" who are existing in secret among the first group and are working against them.

Assuming this cipher is for real, I really don't think it's being used to hide their presence from humanity, because I don't consider us to be interested or astute enough to notice them. It seems rather that this cipher is being used to hide their presence from the opposing group that they are existing among.

Is this at all your impression of the situation? And if so, do you consider one of these groups to be working in the interests of humanity? Or is it perhaps two groups working toward their own ends with little regard for the effect on us?

BrandonD said:
Allen, I have a question for you:

In my opinion, the idea of an occult cipher associated with paranormal phenomena gives me the impression of more than one group of higher intelligences who are at odds with one another. Something like one group being the "owners" of the chicken coop, and another group being the "infiltrators" who are existing in secret among the first group and are working against them.

Assuming this cipher is for real, I really don't think it's being used to hide their presence from humanity, because I don't consider us to be interested or astute enough to notice them. It seems rather that this cipher is being used to hide their presence from the opposing group that they are existing among.

Is this at all your impression of the situation? And if so, do you consider one of these groups to be working in the interests of humanity? Or is it perhaps two groups working toward their own ends with little regard for the effect on us?

Very similar to my own opinion. The cipher is "low tech" precisely because anything high tech - from telepathy to radio - can be easily intercepted by a high tech civilization. The only place I really differ from your stated view is that I think there are dar more than two forces at work here; many, in point of fact. Some are indifferent, some hostile and some interested in human well-being and advancement. In turn, some humans have evolved into advanced beings and are our 'guardians' as Meade Layne put it long ago. He was both an occultist and UFOlogist and among the first to see the connection. The cipher is important, but is only an aspect of a much broader picture.

allengreenfield said:
[/b]
Very similar to my own opinion. The cipher is "low tech" precisely because anything high tech - from telepathy to radio - can be easily intercepted by a high tech civilization. The only place I really differ from your stated view is that I think there are dar more than two forces at work here; many, in point of fact. Some are indifferent, some hostile and some interested in human well-being and advancement. In turn, some humans have evolved into advanced beings and are our 'guardians' as Meade Layne put it long ago. He was both an occultist and UFOlogist and among the first to see the connection. The cipher is important, but is only an aspect of a much broader picture.

I have a follow up question:

Ever since I was a kid and discovered Cayce and Gurdjieff, I've felt that this group of evolved humans existed. I generally don't talk about this subject with anyone because it's considered nutty, but I've made attempts to come into contact with them, mostly by joining esoteric groups (most of them Gurdjieff-related).

My question is, what would be the advice you would give to someone who wants to come into contact with these individuals?

BrandonD said:
allengreenfield said:
[/b]

I have a follow up question:

Ever since I was a kid and discovered Cayce and Gurdjieff, I've felt that this group of evolved humans existed. I generally don't talk about this subject with anyone because it's considered nutty, but I've made attempts to come into contact with them, mostly by joining esoteric groups (most of them Gurdjieff-related).

For complex reasons, I don't think the so-called "Gurdjieff-Ouspensky" groups have the handle on things that Gurdjieff's teachings alone have. Nor is the Cayce foundation...Cayce. There are individuals and groups that carry on the work, but even Meade Layne's long-lived BSRA isn't what it once was in terms of the inner circle -- that is, the ascended masters. The best one can do is, carefully avoiding the whacko cults and authoritarian occult groups (about which I know all too much), seek out a congregational illuminist free assembly (or start one), and await "the call". The closest thing to a sensible outfit or this sort that is UFO oriented was the Lightlines Group of Carla Rueckert and the late Don Elkins (e.g. "The Ra Material"), but I gather they aren't as active as they once were. There are many local free communion assemblies, but they are more occult oriented than UFO oriented.

My question is, what would be the advice you would give to someone who wants to come into contact with these individuals?

Associate with the Work of those groups devoted to research or communication or paranormal manifestation, and be on the look-out for the truly Higher Wisdom. They tap on your shoulder, not the other way around, in general. If you wish to contact me off-list, write me at [email protected].

valiens said:
Paul Kimball is the rising star to watch out for? No one is going to be more glad to hear that than Paul Kimball's #1 fan, Paul Kimball :)

You're just jealous. ;-)

Seriously, as much as I like Jim, he should pick someone else, perhaps like Jeremy, who would actually want to be a "somebody" in the zany world of ufology.

Honestly, to be described as a "rising star of ufology" is like being called the brightest new inmate in an asylum.

Thanks, Jim, but no thanks. :)

Paul

Back