• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 24 Show - 1977 Ellsworth AFB UFO Incident

d.braun

Paranormal Novice
When I heard one of your guests mention a 1977 UFO incident at Ellsworth AFB, and that it has since been dismissed as a hoax, I was a bit startled. I’d never heard of the event before, and still don’t know the details other than the few given on the show - or why it was determined to be untrue.

But this I DO know, and the reason for my surprise:

During that time (the late 70s) my wife’s brother was a Strategic Air Command (B-52) pilot stationed at Ellsworth. He was also an avid outdoorsman and hunter, and with a few of his Air Force buddies, that’s what he did during his off time.

It was his mother who related the following to me, twenty-some ago, that gave me a heads-up when I heard your guest.

Her son was still in the Air Force when he first told her this, but had become a Jehovah’s Witness and since gotten out when she told me.

Anyway, she said he had come to her one day and told her that he was camped out on a multi-day hunt with his friends when one of the other officers revealed that he had been part of a security detail charged with guarding an alien being that had been captured. She didn’t recall a lot of details beyond that, except that her son was convinced the man recounting the incident was serious, and that he, himself was not given to indulging in fantastic stories. Something I know to be true.

I asked my mother-in-law if they had ever discussed it again, and she said that she had brought it up once after he had become a Jehovah’s Witness, but he refused to talk about it anymore, saying such things were demonic.

The event detailed here by Bruce Fenstermacher during the March 29th episode, is not the 1977 thing that has apparently been debunked.

As Nick Pope says, "interesting if true", regarding what you wrote. Thanks for sharing it with us.

dB

Thanks for your response, David.

I read the article you linked and remember the incident being recounted on the show in March. I believe your guest, then, also said the reason the security people were so afraid was because it was rumored that one had been "taken" in a prior incident.

I've since done a little search on the Ellsworth incident (and there may have been two) but the story seems SO fantastic -- an M-16 disintegrated, (as in, The Day The Earth Stood Still) glowing aliens being shot, but still escaping into and speeding away in their disc-shaped craft, a nuclear warhead being disassembled, etc. -- that it causes me to wonder if it wasn't deliberately concocted AS unbelievable in order to divert attention from a real event. If Doty, for example, could get the whole bathwater thrown out, the baby would go with it.

And why would the Air Force officer my brother in-law knew, share with his cohorts a fabricated story of having guarded an alien, when it could only serve to jeopardize his professional credibility? No "capture" scenario was cited in the "official" hoax version of the event I read, and if this man's involvement was also to promote the deception, one would expect his details to jive with it, not diverge.

Back