• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

MARS Structures!!! What the heck are these?

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
http://www.marsstructures.com/

The full images from which the section examples were made are around 3 kilometers in width for most cases. The original full image and other relevant data can be found through the links below the images from the Malin Space Science Systems Mars Global Surveyor Mars Orbiter Camera Narrow Image Gallery.

Overview 0006.jpg

This is approaching silly. Here is a great comparison.
mudcracks.jpg

They are just cracks. Not complex urban planning but complex geology instead. Again, as always with Mars, I would ask that before someone floats these city theories please consider the topography at the 10,000 foot view. The "city" is located inside a massive crater. Is it more likely that in a wet past such an element on the martian surface would accumulate liquid and when said liquid evaporated the ground constricted thereby cracking... or... is it more likely that eons ago martians decided to build an elaborate city and all that remains is the clearly visible spiderweb like roads. No buildings or rubble, just the roads.

Chasms on Mars, seen through telescopes, were initially thought to be "Canals"
Face-like structures on Mars (and Luna of course) are more indicative of the human tendency to see faces in inanimate things.
Cracks on Europa can traverse a good proportion of the moon's circumference while barely wavering from their course. This is explicable by the gravitational effects of Jupiter on ice.
And yes, those pictures are far more reminiscent of the patterns of mud on a dried lake-bed.

i have many dozens of hi res mars images and nearly everyone of them has something interesting in them. from "glass tubes" to "trees and shrubs". the image above is nothing special at all.

I personally believe that even just having the possibility of high resolution images of Mars is interesting! Everything from Olympus Mons to desert pebbles.

I'm sorry but if you think some cracks in Mars are a city, You need help... I belive the moon base theroys, moon rising is a amazing doc on youtube you can watch, doesn't make it a fact, as a young person the youth of today is being brainwashed to belive anything on youtube a fact...

I have been away from the forums for quite some time. I stepped back over a year ago because there seemed to be an overabundance of nonsense pervading the forums. I thought time would weed that out.

Logging in this evening, it was REALLY nice to see so many familiar names still posting -- a lot of the "old timers" (cheers to all of you!) are still around.

Alas, I clicked on this thread -- sadly it seems I have not stayed away long enough.

I have been away from the forums for quite some time. I stepped back over a year ago because there seemed to be an overabundance of nonsense pervading the forums. I thought time would weed that out.

Logging in this evening, it was REALLY nice to see so many familiar names still posting -- a lot of the "old timers" (cheers to all of you!) are still around.

Alas, I clicked on this thread -- sadly it seems I have not stayed away long enough.

There will always be Hoaglands out there that will point to obscure and grainy images and scream "ruins" at the top of their lungs. No amount of time will stop them. like everything in these forums you have to take what you are personally willing to accept and ignore the rest. If these subjects were cut and dried their wouldn't be controversy surrounding them. Unfortunately you have to wade through a mile of crap to collect one tiny piece of the puzzle. Then when you get it, you have no clue where it goes, what it shows, or even what puzzle it actually belongs to.

Back