• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 12, 2017 — Leslie Kean with co-host Erica Lukes

I loved this show, it is no surprise that Leslie is reserved in her responses. She always heeds caution when answering questions which is good, sure beats a guest who would blurt out non-sense answers. Great job Erica & Gene!

Those of you who enjoyed this topic should check out Heather Wades Midnight in the Desert March 1st 2017 show with Dr. Gary Schwartz & Dr. Mark Pitstick talking about inventing a "Soul Phone" to communicate with the afterlife. was a fascinating show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just listened to an older Paracast with relating topic of communicating with tbe dead. 4/29/2012 with Nancy Talbott & Psychic Robbert Van Den Broeke. Gene was extra feisty during this particular episode. i feel we should have them back on for an update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Actually, Chris wasn't available on the taping day, and would not have been available regardless of the guest. Leslie is not the first person to use the "in my book" response to a question.

Actually, Chris wasn't available on the taping day, and would not have been available regardless of the guest. Leslie is not the first person to use the "in my book" response to a question.
Mentioning "the book" around fifty times is a bit more than a response to "a question". Also: She says she hasn't "hung around the UFO crowd probably as much as a lot of other people would." and then Erica just agrees, after which Leslie basically does an about face, saying she went to a lot of conferences. The fact is, she's now in her 17th year and still does conferences and other media appearances. I think she even won some sort of ufology award and is a board member for the new group UFODATA, is involved CUFOS, and NARCAP as well as her own project CFI.

So actually I agree with her. She's certainly not as involved as "some people". She's actually far more involved than most people. Again, that's not a problem for me. The problem ( for me ) is that although she's been involved up to her ears, she still tries to give the impression that she's dissociated, which is too bad, because her popularity could be an even more positive force for the field than it already is if she were to portray the field as positively as she does these psychic researchers. We all know that field is rife with frauds and charlatans. I would think serious ufology should get at least as much credit as serious psychic research.

Anyway, even though I've been through a lot of the same evidence she's talked about and found nothing to convince me life after death is possible, I do agree that the phenomena is in some cases genuine, and I think there is a connection between alien visitation and some of the phenomena, and Leslie herself might even be the focus of one such connection, and not have taken that into account as a possibility. That is probably the most interesting aspect of the show for me to reflect on. She seems sincere about her experiences, so if we take her word, the most reasonable possible explanation for the truly bizarre stuff is some sort of high tech hoaxing by some unknown agency.

Last edited:
What's the matter Gene? Afraid I might ask too many tough questions? Maybe put your guests on the spot? Please take this as constructive criticism: Erica adds a lighter feminine air to the show, which is a nice change sometimes, and I love the sound of her voice, but her input also seems mostly like small talk to me. She doesn't make me feel immersed in the subject. At least you and Chris do a little digging. Kimball & Bishop both annoy me, probably as much as I annoy them ... lol. Micah's cool. Most people like him. It takes him a little longer than it could to get to the point sometimes, but at least he has a point. What can I say about Goggs? We all love Goggs :D.

Was just about to reply, when this comment summed up some of what I was going to say. I think the best bet for co-hosting (including Chris, btw) is Goggs MacKay. He is very insightful with his questions, listens before commenting, and doesn't speak over the guests. I know it's all subjective, but I was not fond of Lukes at all beyond the sound of her voice. I simply didn't feel the level of depth from her comments and questions as I do from Gene, Goggs, or Chris. Not a fan of Kimball at all. I could expand on that last comment, but with nothing good to say...

I notice we didn't get past the first segment before dangling the "are you also being surpressed by men?" Bait in front of Leslie.

Leslie, like the true pro that she is, doesnt take the bait and of course says no.

Anything to do with the fact she is great at what she does and get's reward and recognition that reflect's this? Just a thought....

I noticed this too, and kudos to Leslie for that. Again, like Chase (and I suspect others) she doesn't build her identity and perspective on female victim hood and divisive identity politics. She is too busy doing the work and showing her merit, which is often what many of the men in this field (and it turns out some women too) want.

I noticed this too, and kudos to Leslie for that. Again, like Chase (and I suspect others) she doesn't build her identity and perspective on female victim hood and divisive identity politics. She is too busy doing the work and showing her merit, which is often what many of the men in this field (and it turns out some women too) want.

♩Don't blame it on lack of hard work,
Don't blame it on lack of talent,
Don't blame it on your attitude....

Blame it on the white man ♩

Come on everybody sing along...

Back