• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 10, 2019 — Stephen Erdmann

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
This was a fun episode, as my old friend Stephen Erdmann has done it all when it comes to studying UFOs and related phenomena.

Randall and I had a great time, and we continued talking to Stephen on this weekend's episode of the After The Paracast podcast.

After The Paracast is only available to subscribers to The Paracast+.

For more information about our premium service, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

This was a great episode. I don't mind if Gene has his drinking buddies on if they are all as cool as this guy.
I did get that you guys wanted to keep him away from talking about his divorce since it lead to a thick tangent and that was completely understandable.

Actually I’ve known Steve for years but only met him once. We had dinner at his home in St. Louis. I had my usual bout of Diet Coke and water. I’m not much of a drinking buddy.

But when I visited Jim Moseley, he almost always drank and smoked. I just watched and listened to him ranting away. Sometimes I had diet something soda. And, yes, I did inhale.

Medical cards are $300 a year here as I recall

With a back problem, I’d be eligible. But I also need to eat, which gets priority.

Yes, with proper controls, recreational cannabis should be legal everywhere.

This was a great episode. I don't mind if Gene has his drinking buddies on if they are all as cool as this guy.
I did get that you guys wanted to keep him away from talking about his divorce since it lead to a thick tangent and that was completely understandable.
Like I was saying on the other thread ... I'll just repost ...

I did try to steer him away from that, but ultimately Gene stepped in to moderate it. However there was one thing of relevance I was able to ask him about, and that was if his interest in the paranormal was used against him in the courts, and he said it was. Shades of Teri Garr in Close Encounters there. As an aside: Teri Garr then and now:

On a related note, I also went through years of kid-court Hell, and at one point my ex's lawyer printed off my entire UFO website as evidence that I was somehow getting rich off it ( lol ). He even went so far as to include the photocopying of it as a legal expense! I countered it in an appeal and won. Just trivia ( that mostly I'd rather forget ).

Thanks for your comments!

Back