• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mantis alien

loki467

Skilled Investigator
About a week ago I asked what you guys made of the reptilians, and what theorys everyone had about them, I was met with some really good stuff although again I'm still very skepticle of the reptilian theory myself because of the comments and problems I stated. But I do know quite a bit about one entity often referred to as the mantis type as people have called them. I have a working theory astrobiologicly on them but what are your theorys let's here what you guys got, real,fake, E.T. somthing else?
6d0dbebfbecc8af6a00e83b14ec38dc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

About a week ago I asked what you guys made of the reptilians, and what theorys everyone had about them, I was met with some really good stuff although again I'm still very skepticle of the reptilian theory myself because of the comments and problems I stated. But I do know quite a bit about one entity often referred to as the mantis type as people have called them. I have a working theory astrobiologicly on them but what are your theorys let's here what you guys got, real,fake, E.T. somthing else?

I think that scientifically speaking, human sized insects would be a real challenge for nature because of the strength requirements for their exoskeletons, the limitations of their respiratory and circulatory systems, and the resources required for replacing an exoskeleton if they moult. If they don't moult, then a whole new system of repair would be required, or else they'd be stuck with permanent damage. All these challenges are solved by size. That doesn't mean that insectoid aliens are impossible, just really unlikely.

I never looked at it quite like that before I'm not to sure they are actully insects that's just kinda what we can relate the look too, I suppose the best reference they can I don't really like the name/terminology for the entitys. Some very good points though but perhaps they evolved past the point of needing an exoskeleton and adapted more twards space rather then a particular planet

I never looked at it quite like that before I'm not to sure they are actully insects that's just kinda what we can relate the look too, I suppose the best reference they can I don't really like the name/terminology for the entitys. Some very good points though but perhaps they evolved past the point of needing an exoskeleton and adapted more twards space rather then a particular planet
Interesting. If they evolved out into space early, then the reduced gravity would assist in a lot of the problems I mentioned. But at the same time, they'd also be restricted to low-gravity. They couldn't even have suits that would work for them because their internal structure would also need support. It seems that larger creatures are better off with a skeletal structure reinforced by tendons and muscle. But then as you suggest, maybe they might just resemble insects and not have the same internal structure. What are your ideas?

Interesting. If they evolved out into space early, then the reduced gravity would assist in a lot of the problems I mentioned. But at the same time, they'd also be restricted to low-gravity. They couldn't even have suits that would work for them because their internal structure would also need support. It seems that larger creatures are better off with a skeletal structure reinforced by tendons and muscle. But then as you suggest, maybe they might just resemble insects and not have the same internal structure. What are your ideas?
I'm not even gonna lie Randall this one is going to take some time to figure out I don't think we should stop where we are at but I wanna do some research and maybe revisit this whole thing with a paper in lets say exactly a month. With school and such it's been a little hard for me too get alot of writing done but I already have some on this particular theory done. So next month to the day I will post my article /essay for anyone interested on reading it. I agree with you Randall and I think what you said about low gravity seems to be quite accurate I think what we are looking at is somthing that has adapted to this form, but more on that later

I'm not even gonna lie Randall this one is going to take some time to figure out I don't think we should stop where we are at but I wanna do some research and maybe revisit this whole thing with a paper in lets say exactly a month. With school and such it's been a little hard for me too get alot of writing done but I already have some on this particular theory done. So next month to the day I will post my article /essay for anyone interested on reading it. I agree with you Randall and I think what you said about low gravity seems to be quite accurate I think what we are looking at is somthing that has adapted to this form, but more on that later
Take your time. There are all sorts of ways to look at the subject. Our most recent guest David Halperin proposes that aliens are a purely mental phenomena. My pet theory is that they can project or display themselves in a variety of forms using active camouflage technology. So we may not have any idea what their actual form is. They may not even be biological. Of course all that presupposes that they're actually real (which I do ), and once we accept that much, pretty much anything could be made to appear real.

Take your time. There are all sorts of ways to look at the subject. Our most recent guest David Halperin proposes that aliens are a purely mental phenomena. My pet theory is that they can project or display themselves in a variety of forms using active camouflage technology. So we may not have any idea what their actual form is. They may not even be biological. Of course all that presupposes that they're actually real (which I do ), and once we accept that much, pretty much anything could be made to appear real.
I have thought of it from the purely mental phenomena to a degree, again I'm always open to new theories, I'd like to here this episode but that being said I don't think it's all mental the things don't seem to point that way there are too many commonalitys in my opinion even if they very, which kinda leads into your other point about a form of camo or what I consider altering our perceptions so I believe we pretty much have the same veiw point to a degree my theory is if they can speak to us through let's say our mins , whether synthetic or biological somehow, they may be able to alter what we see. For example the betty and Barney hill case, Kelly hopkinsvill case, space brothers,...ex I can explain better if I'm not to clear on what I'm saying but you make some good points Randall

Back