• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Major Keyhoe Video Interview

Free episodes:

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
I found this interview while digging around Kimballs blog. I could be ignorant to the fact that its well known and everyone has seen it, but I know I definitely havent seen it.

Its a really fascinating look at the how the 3 major facets of the UFO situation played out in the 50s. Youve got the air force spiel.... the media and how they bought into it 100%... and those trying to end the secrecy (Keyhoe, NICAP).

I dont think you can embed this video so heres the link

Major Donald E. Keyhoe: The Mike Wallace Interview

The cigarette advertising is reason enough to watch it anyway IMO. The host is sat there smoking while talking up the virtues of Parliament Cigarettes. Crazy.

I met and interviewed Major Keyhoe in the 1970s. Despite being of advanced years (for those days), he was alert and engaging to talk to. I didn't always subscribe to his views, but it was a pleasant experience.

Unfortunately, I don't have the text or tapes from those days. :(

I met and interviewed Major Keyhoe in the 1970s. Despite being of advanced years (for those days), he was alert and engaging to talk to. I didn't always subscribe to his views, but it was a pleasant experience.

Unfortunately, I don't have the text or tapes from those days. :(

We can only hope you were at least a little more open than Mike Wallace:)

Actually, this interview has been posted here a couple of times! For the record, I think this has been posted as well, but as long as Keyhoe has been brought up again, here is a link to an ebook version of Flying Saucers ARE Real:

http://manybooks.net/titles/keyhoedoetext04tfsar10.html

It is available through Gutenberg as well, but ManyBooks offers their public domain ebooks in a wide variety of formats (including as a Notes file for your iPod).

I like where an incredulous Wallace says that Keyhoe is actually accusing the government of lying, as if that isn't possible . . . . how times have changed.

ruppelte-portrait.jpg

You can also download Ruppelt's 'The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects' from the Manybooks link as well.

I just LOVE old stuff like this! Thanks for posting the link, Gareth!

I don't know what was more entertaining, watching Mike Wallace extolling the virtues of Parliament cigarettes' recessed filters, or hearing him attempting to cross-examine Maj. Keyhoe with the claim we've heard recently on the Paracast, that sightings reported by pilots can't be viewed with any special consideration or particular weight, because "Pilots are not expert observers." (He was quoting a scientist whose name he had just dropped, about half way through the interview).

It's so good for those of us who are new to this sort of thing to be given little glimpses of where the issue has been in the past. I envy Gene for having "Been there, done that!"

69parliamentcigarettes.jpg

Back