• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Major flaw with Jim Dilettoso's Phoenix Lights / Flares investigation

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
Here's a big problem with not just Jim's analysis, but other folks as well; They say "well we shot flares at night and filmed them with the same type of equipment that the Phoenix Lights were shot with. And these show up on analysis as flares. But the Phoenix Lights do not show up as flares."

First off, that's like comparing the ballistics of a .50 caliber round with those of a 9mm round. Apples and oranges. The flares that civilians have access to, like the little piddly pencil flares that you would have in a survival kit to launch from your rowboat as you got lost at sea are 1000% different then the flares an A-10 would carry (or a P-3C Orion - which I flew in). There are even multiple types of flares that one aircraft would use at the same time. For example, a plane might have SUU/25 parachute illumination flare dispensers mounted on the wings (which look almost identical to a rocket pod, except flares are rearward firing) and they might also carry flares as defense against an inbound missile. Below are some photo's of how large a SUU/25 flare pod is compared to dealing with flares to fool an inbound missile to hand held pencil flares.

BTW - to give you an idea of the length of one of these pods, the distance between the yellow lugs on top (which latch into the bomb rack) is 14 inches. So one can tell these things are pretty large.

SUU-25F-main.png

OMI-SUU-25.jpg
121014-Z-NE514-013.jpg

6448910315_d05ffd5d93_z.jpg

Then look how tiny the flares that are used to trick an inbound missile threat are;

US_Navy_060618-N-9377B-030_Aviation_Ordnanceman_3rd_Class_Cary_Buel_installs_a_MJU-49-B_Decoy_Flare_bucket_into_the_ALE-47_Counter_Measure_Dispensing_system_on_a_P-3C_Orion.jpg

d5d3dd77888ca777b3b15a543ffcb677.jpg

Now look at the size of typical survival situation/pencil flares are;

maxresdefault.jpg

So now when you hear "experts" claim that they themselves shot off flares but it looked nothing like the Phoenix Lights video - you know why. You can say "Yeah, no kidding. Did you rent an A-10 Thunderbolt & have SUU/25 flare pods loaded with flares and launch them from altitude? Or did you shoot off a hand held flare gun or pencil flare in the Wal Mart parking lot?" They're comparing apples & oranges.

Since I'm no veteran of ufology and I know nothing of Dilettoso I looked around the internet a bit. In addition to your point about differing flare sizes CGL, there evidently are impossible limitations when using video from inexpensive home video equipment for any in-depth analysis, like spectral analysis. The following article is a bit lengthy, and it is 18 years old, but it seems to point out that Dilettoso would not be able to determine much more than light intensity from the videos. Dilettoso's "expertise" is also examined.

The Hack and the Quack

Since I'm no veteran of ufology and I know nothing of Dilettoso I looked around the internet a bit. In addition to your point about differing flare sizes CGL, there evidently are impossible limitations when using video from inexpensive home video equipment for any in-depth analysis, like spectral analysis. The following article is a bit lengthy, and it is 18 years old, but it seems to point out that Dilettoso would not be able to determine much more than light intensity from the videos. Dilettoso's "expertise" is also examined.

The Hack and the Quack
You are exactly right. You might be interested in this old Paracast interview with Jim. They mention what you are talking about;

Jim Dilettoso is a hack. He had a few high tech jobs (at the time) which allowed him access to some equipment, based on that he declared himself a UFO photo analysis expert. In reality he worked mostly with Auto CAD and sound engineering. He has no formal education of note, despite the fact he tried to pass himself off as a "Dr" with a "Ph.D" in the 1990s. Don Ecker called him out on this during a radio interview and he walked it all back. So again, we have another guy, with zero credible education in the field (no degrees according to his own bio), just a handful of jobs, running around "authenticating" various videos and photos. It is really laughable when you think about it. Dilettoso actually "authenticated" many of the Billy Meier videos. If that does not ruin one's credibility I am not sure what will.

Jim Dilettoso is a hack. He had a few high tech jobs (at the time) which allowed him access to some equipment, based on that he declared himself a UFO photo analysis expert. In reality he worked mostly with Auto CAD and sound engineering. He has no formal education of note, despite the fact he tried to pass himself off as a "Dr" with a "Ph.D" in the 1990s. Don Ecker called him out on this during a radio interview and he walked it all back. So again, we have another guy, with zero credible education in the field (no degrees according to his own bio), just a handful of jobs, running around "authenticating" various videos and photos. It is really laughable when you think about it. Dilettoso actually "authenticated" many of the Billy Meier videos. If that does not ruin one's credibility I am not sure what will.
Exactly. That's why i created this post. I heard him on an old episode of the Paracast getting into the nitty gritty on how the Meier photographs were analyzed. As I was painfully listening to all the technical mumbo jumbo I kept saying to myself over and over "But it's a model on a string Jim. You got burned by a model on a string. You have zero credibility now. Go away."

Thanks CGL. Usually if folks like Dilettoso come across as flaky in their declared areas of interest or expertise then I'm pretty much done with them. I did listen to two youtube lectures by Mr. D. and he indeed comes across as withoutlimits09 stated above.
And that's what I mean when I say sometimes researchers/scientists etc. are SO intelligent (not saying Jim D. is) and technical that they can't get out of their own way. I believe that to be the case with the Trent photos, Heflin photos, Trindade photos and some others. They have all this technical math/geometry/angles of the sun/shadows on the ground, blah blah to analyze a photo and it turns out it's a fake/hoax. Heflin photos are a great example as well as Trindade. I posted about their over analysis a week ago or so. Same thing goes for the crop circles. When many experts went on and on about how its humanly impossible to make something that geometric from the ground. How the stalks are bent a certain way and if it were a person doing it, they would be bent/broke differently, blah blah. Yeah, well as we all know it turns out to be two guys & a plank of wood with a rope attached.

I think the best analysis of the Phoenix Lights was the guy(s) that did the original footage overlayed with daytime footage of the same location. You can clearly see the flares disappear behind the mountains as they are falling. It couldn't be anymore clear cut. But yet people like Jim D. have used all their technical wizardry to show that it's NOT flares and if it were, the aircraft would have to be at 46,000 feet altitude (lol). Yeah, ok - Jim.

Yes the Cognitech study was done as part of the Discovery Channel documentary - much shot at my home. This new video stabilizes the Krszton video used by Cognitech. What you fail to notice is that the two that split from one is on the right side of Jim's array and they were on the left of where I was which was in Ahwatukee. This means we were seeing inverse images very close to the Mountain Range and nowhere near the Goldwater Range. Compare my Video with Mike's and you will see that the idea the the lights feel way South of the area is just not feasible.

BTW - the clip you're using has cut out the conclusion of the documentary which asks the provocative question - how do we explain the lights Steve Blonder filmed Mon-Wed prior to the Thursday sighting?

Yes the Cognitech study was done as part of the Discovery Channel documentary - much shot at my home. This new video stabilizes the Krszton video used by Cognitech. What you fail to notice is that the two that split from one is on the right side of Jim's array and they were on the left of where I was which was in Ahwatukee. This means we were seeing inverse images very close to the Mountain Range and nowhere near the Goldwater Range. Compare my Video with Mike's and you will see that the idea the the lights feel way South of the area is just not feasible.

BTW - the clip you're using has cut out the conclusion of the documentary which asks the provocative question - how do we explain the lights Steve Blonder filmed Mon-Wed prior to the Thursday sighting?
Just out of curiosity, what do you believe the lights to be?

It doesn't matter what I think - it matters what you think - after you've surveyed the accounts of the witnesses and evaluated all the evidence. My view is that it doesn't matter what they were - it matters what they were communicating. The book is the story of that. It's free and easy to read. If you can't read it online you can purchase a printed copy at Amazon.

It doesn't matter what I think - it matters what you think - after you've surveyed the accounts of the witnesses and evaluated all the evidence. My view is that it doesn't matter what they were - it matters what they were communicating. The book is the story of that. It's free and easy to read. If you can't read it online you can purchase a printed copy at Amazon.
I was curious what you thought since you are the one that brought it up. I think I made myself pretty clear on what the lights are. I don't read books whether they're online or hard copies - but thank you.

What I brought up was your ignorance which is validated by the fact you limit your research to cherry picking videos. Jim Dilettoso is a good man who has been smeared by small-minded myopic creeps. I was the first witness of the lights that week. I had MUFON investigators on my balcony when the March 13 mass sighting took place. Does that sound like an accidental flare show to you? The Lights were pointing to ground images (from Satellite) which is in the attached original rendition for the book. Here is a review of the book which won an award this year for people that stumble onto this thread and aren't allergic to books. “Oracle of the Phoenix” by Steven Blonder

“Oracle of the Phoenix” by Steven Blonder
2015 BOOK REVIEWS /

October 21, 2015
2015 Inter-dimensional Beings Category Winner

This is not your usual book. This one is about an encounter in Phoenix involving a major UFO sighting witnessed by many people over a period of days. One of those witnesses was Steven Blonder. The event clearly changed his life. He spent a great deal of time and depth study trying to make sense of this unprecedented, reality-changing event.

Eventually he was able, through a profound scholarly effort, to discover sacred geometry at work in the skies connected to the event. He also found connections to many of the world’s major spiritual traditions including Hopi prophecy, alchemy, Judaism, Christianity, and Hinduism. Clearly something or someone was communicating with us those nights in Phoenix, and Steven Blonder was the appointed one who figured it out – or as much as could be understood. It would not let go of him until he did. This is how mysticism often operates – with a pressing sense of the urgency of bringing a message to mankind.

Steven Blonder did just that. He brought the message. We are not alone, something profound out there is communicating with us, trying to get our attention, and yet ultimately the mystery is deep, and it persists.

The book is well researched, well written, and will touch your soul if you let it. This is a highly recommended read for spiritual seekers and skeptics alike.

AMAZON

Attachments

• coverdesign225.jpg
    coverdesign225.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1
What I brought up was your ignorance which is validated by the fact you limit your research to cherry picking videos. Jim Dilettoso is a good man who has been smeared by small-minded myopic creeps. I was the first witness of the lights that week. I had MUFON investigators on my balcony when the March 13 mass sighting took place. Does that sound like an accidental flare show to you? The Lights were pointing to ground images (from Satellite) which is in the attached original rendition for the book. Here is a review of the book which won an award this year for people that stumble onto this thread and aren't allergic to books. “Oracle of the Phoenix” by Steven Blonder

“Oracle of the Phoenix” by Steven Blonder
2015 BOOK REVIEWS /

October 21, 2015
2015 Inter-dimensional Beings Category Winner

This is not your usual book. This one is about an encounter in Phoenix involving a major UFO sighting witnessed by many people over a period of days. One of those witnesses was Steven Blonder. The event clearly changed his life. He spent a great deal of time and depth study trying to make sense of this unprecedented, reality-changing event.

Eventually he was able, through a profound scholarly effort, to discover sacred geometry at work in the skies connected to the event. He also found connections to many of the world’s major spiritual traditions including Hopi prophecy, alchemy, Judaism, Christianity, and Hinduism. Clearly something or someone was communicating with us those nights in Phoenix, and Steven Blonder was the appointed one who figured it out – or as much as could be understood. It would not let go of him until he did. This is how mysticism often operates – with a pressing sense of the urgency of bringing a message to mankind.

Steven Blonder did just that. He brought the message. We are not alone, something profound out there is communicating with us, trying to get our attention, and yet ultimately the mystery is deep, and it persists.

The book is well researched, well written, and will touch your soul if you let it. This is a highly recommended read for spiritual seekers and skeptics alike.

AMAZON
So the rumors are true; the peyote in your part of AZ is hi-test :)

Back