• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Love to hear shows re survival of consciousness

richtrek

Paranormal Novice
Greetings All,

Love the show!

I have been listening to The Paracast for over a year now. Hands down the best examination of the UFO topic. The "filter" used in the interviews is appropriate to the topic and should be the standard. However, it is most likely that the guys' level of examination will not transfer to popular culture, or popular broadcast any time soon. It is too honest.

I have one complaint...

I have yet to hear an episode that deals with survival of physical death. I acknowledge that I may have missed such a broadcast.

David, and Gene's, level of examination would serve the survival of life debate well. There are those involved in the field of Parapsychology that could present data, and valid theory, which supports the case for survival.

I am using the term "survival of physical death" with great purpose. The examination of "life after death" issues has taken on a great popular culture interest, unfortunately, much of that interest centers around plumbers in always active locations, and screaming/running investigators. The objectified, sober, approach to the search for life after death can be found within the field of Parapsychology. That Parapsychology takes an objectified scientific approach is to its credit, however, it does not mean that it rejects those that claim abilities, which allow them to contact other dimensional consciousness. The gifted few are valuable "tools" to utilize in the investigative process.

The popular culture view appears to support those that believe everything... i.e. demons, devils, fairies, angels, big God, little gods, etc. Popular "ghost buster" culture assumes that every objective researcher is closed off if they do not "believe" all that is presented to them. Sadly, those that are permeating popular culture (TV/radio) are those that are selling their brand of "life after death" in order to sell more books, or to book themselves on more shows, to sell more books, etc.

I would LOVE to have Gene and David take on both the popular culture paradigm of GHOST BUSTING, and the more sober approach of those involved in genuine, objectified, research.

The names of Dean Radin, Loyd Auerbach, Gary Schwartz, The Forever Family Foundation, The Windbridge Institute, etc. come to mind. As for popular culture names... the list of names is very long.

For my part I have been trying to thread the needle and create a team of similar minds to investigate events that are of a Parapyschological nature. I say "thread the needle" because I do want to have a team with gifted "sensitives." I want a team with skeptics. I want a team with those that are of a popular culture belief system. However, I want to devleop a team that can present objectified data as to what the nature of events, at the location, are. It has surprised me to find, that living in the greater Los Angeles area, that it is desperately hard to find those that want to approach investigations, and research, with an objectified view.

I would love to hear David, and Gene's descerning approach to both the objectified approach regarding survival, and the Popular culture approach to survival. I do feel they do their research and present VERY appropriate questioning examination to those that are on their show.

I look forward to a series of shows regarding survival of bodily death

richtrek,

Welcome to our forums, and thanks for all the kind words!

You might want to check out the episode where I talk about an experience that happened to me right after my mother passed away. While it's anecdotal in nature, it's one of my more interesting paranormal experiences, and you might find it worth listening to. Oh, yeah, it's the Mott episode, thanks Gareth!

dB

I will be delving deeper into the forums as my schedule allows... I need to pace myself in that I can "over indulge."

There many reputable scientifically oriented folks out there that would be very enlightening on the show. There are also many individuals I would love to come up against Paracast examination. In particular are all those that claim to be "Demonologists."

There are far too many listeners out there that take far too much at face value. This gullibility causes damage to legitimate... not legitimate, rather "objectified" investigators/researchers out in the what - ever - sphere. It also causes undefined damage to those seekers that get side tracked by those that are intent on profiteering on the gullible.

What we need is a "Bruce Springsteen" of the paranormal to shine some honest light on the field!!!

I, too, had an odd experience after my father passed away 5 months ago.

A good book that might give you some insight on this topic is The Science Before Science by Dr. Anthony Rizzi. Before reading that book I had lots of questions concerning any afterlife. After reading it, I'm convinced it does.

Hmm, he might make a good guest for the show as well.

Welcome, Richtrek:

I too would like to hear more shows done on this topic.

I had an experience when my father died that was very intriguing.

Back