• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Long Ads

Montclair04

Paranormal Novice
I couldn't help but notice the very long ad at the halfway point of the show...Yes, I appreciate the fact that the show (and the hosts) needs to be financially supported and compensated, but...

I couldn't help but notice the very long ad at the halfway point of the show...Yes, I appreciate the fact that the show (and the hosts) needs to be financially supported and compensated, but...

But what? Just be glad they've found a sponsor who is willing to help them out. I just FF through it anyway. Easy to do. In the meantime, you can continue to enjoy The Paracast for free. It's a good deal, bro.

The Fast Forward button is your friend. I don't watch or listen to anything in real time anymore and it has saved me countless hours, probably each week. After awhile you'll know just how long to hold that FF button down without even looking.

Ads are a small price to pay. Wait a minute, .... I DON"T have to pay do I?? But dammit I should.

Hey Montclair, there is a fix for that: ante-up several thousand USD per year and you will see much fewer ads.

Geez, man. You do realize your statement is like a guy that won the lottery bitching cause he has to go to the lottery office to claim it, right?

I actually found myself getting sucked into the long testimony ad about prostates and thinking I needed to start taking something before it's too late! So that is an effective ad! But yeah, it was pretty long and more the type of testimonial you'd expect from late night TV at 3am. But... you still get tons more content per hour on the Paracast than if you just listen to commercial FM radio where they have what seems like over 20 mins of commercials for every hour.

I think it's interesting right now the 2 new advertisers they have. One is the prostate supplement and the other is for tax help.

I'm actually surprised they don't whore out the show a bit more, considering every week theyare putting out new shows and keeping this site updated and hosted. If it was me (and it's probably a good thing it isn't!) I would sell ads in the e-newsletters, give advertisors their own message board area to sell their stuff and basically anything else that would help generate a little revenue to cut down on operating costs so my wife wouldn't get pissed at me for spending any mortgage money on my passion!! I play in a band and am always weary of spending too much of our household money on stuff. I do think they should do some demographic surveys on the message board to get a feel for what the demographic is and perhaps gain insight into other markets that might be a good fit.

Actually we have a listener survey, so we are getting a fair picture of our audience. We'd like to see more women, however.

Actually we have a listener survey, so we are getting a fair picture of our audience. We'd like to see more women, however.

I'd be curious to know what the audience is like. Is that something you could tell us?
I'm guessing from the latest barrage of prostate stuff, that there must be a significant group of males 40 and older (but I could've guessed that anyway).

I'm almost 40 myself, and those prostate ads keep reminding me of that fact. Thanks Gene!8)

that's great about the survey, the more you know your audience the better I think! Being a male niche is not a bad thing actually, it's almost better I think, helps to differentiate with so many media options these days. Hence the success that sports radio has these days! They recently changed the format of my favorite DC radio station from shock jock to Sports radio to widen their appeal among men.

I'd be curious to know what the audience is like. Is that something you could tell us?
I'm guessing from the latest barrage of prostate stuff, that there must be a significant group of males 40 and older (but I could've guessed that anyway).

I'm almost 40 myself, and those prostate ads keep reminding me of that fact. Thanks Gene!8)

Of course, we hope that those of you who might benefit from the product will give it a try. If it sells, they renew. If not, they take their business elsewhere.

As someone over 40 who tried the pills, they actually do seem to have a positive effect. Seriously.

I actually found myself getting sucked into the long testimony ad about prostates and thinking I needed to start taking something before it's too late! So that is an effective ad!

Same here!

The long ad did not bother me at all. And, 'long' - I think it was 5-6 minutes maybe, of a two hour show. Or that's how long it felt at least.

The ads on the website do not bother me. I have some idea of the work that can go into producing a regular weekly podcast and am happy to see a podcast getting advertising. Go Paracast go. I hope the advertisers are delighted with you.

Of course, we hope that those of you who might benefit from the product will give it a try.

Well, I was being a little sarcastic, in that I don't want to be reminded that the big 4-0 is around the corner.:frown:

But on a serious note, a lot of guys cringe at the idea of a prostate exam. Anything having to do with male reproductive health is often treated with humor. We laugh at it, but I think secretly the jokes kinda scare us.

I've had the doctor check me before and it only took a few seconds. It was not what you'd call "pleasant" that's for sure, but only because it is such a bizarre feeling, not because it was particularly painful.
I hope men who are at that age won't be dissuaded to get the prostate checked out by horror stories of the digital rectal exam .

Of course, we hope that those of you who might benefit from the product will give it a try. If it sells, they renew. If not, they take their business elsewhere.

As someone over 40 who tried the pills, they actually do seem to have a positive effect. Seriously.

Just lettin' ya know...as someone's who's into Natural Health and loves me hubby (who's turning 40 this year). The ads seem to work even on the women to think about getting this (or similar) Product for the men in their lives. :)

Where are those surveys? What is the breakdown of men:women on this forum anyway? Or are the women just more reticent to speak up, I wonder, and more prone to lurking?

Where are those surveys? What is the breakdown of men:women on this forum anyway? Or are the women just more reticent to speak up, I wonder, and more prone to lurking?
The survey is on our home page.

Here's a direct link to it:

PodTrac Survey

That will give you the choice of The Paracast or The Tech Night Owl LIVE.

We welcome everyone's input.

Over 80% of our audience, according to the survey, are male.

Back