• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

London's Underground is Haunted!

Hi Alea,

Theres was an excellent program on channel 4 (could of been 5), on UK television about ghosts on the London underground some time ago. It was quite amazing the reports the people were talking about.

The particular one that got me was the one where the guy who was checking the tracks with a modern torch, met and had a conversation with a ghost who was holding an old tilly lamp.

The guy with the torch asked why he was using an old lamp, the ghost said "he preferred them!". Later the guy found out that a track walker had been killed by a train in the tunnels!

That's the show! Most of the eyewitnesses are folks who are not usually inclined to put stock in the supernatural. The "tilly lamp" story was one of those. The one that got me was the story of the man in the office who heard the screams of women and children and later found out that the spot was where a terrible accident had occured during WWII.

Found the full video online!

http://coull.tv/node/426

Yep amazing program. Also the story where the guy in the camera room, could see an old woman standing next to his colleague. But his colleague could see nothing, even when she was looking at him!

aggggggggh! lol

Alea, that's a great show! Great music, too.

The folks interviewed seem truly genuine, you get the feeling that they would never even consider making this stuff up. Normal, hardworking people doing their jobs, and encountering truly strange things. Very compelling, and completely convincing.

How did you find this?

Thanks again for posting it, it's nice to see your name on the forums, please don't be a stranger!

dB

David Biedny said:
Alea, that's a great show! Great music, too.

The folks interviewed seem truly genuine, you get the feeling that they would never even consider making this stuff up. Normal, hardworking people doing their jobs, and encountering truly strange things. Very compelling, and completely convincing.

How did you find this?

Thanks again for posting it, it's nice to see your name on the forums, please don't be a stranger!

dB

Hi Dave,

I found the video link for Alea. But it seems that we were both very impressed with it, and now you have seen it :eek:)

It was originally on channel 5 UK TV (I watched it with my mother, and we were fascinated by the program). They have some excellent programs at times.

As you say the people are completely convincing, and it seems that the London underground is indeed a repository of ghosts. Apparently the underground cuts across lots of old tombs.

Cheers!

Hi David!

Glad you enjoyed the show! and the music is terrific...some of it is Sigur Ros whom I think is just great!

The link in my post goes directly to the Ghosts of the Underground site. I found out about on another website as I was surfing one evening. The Ghosts site also has still images and links to other resources that are really cool as well as the video link (upper left corner of the screen).

...and I promise not to be a stranger to the forum...the Paracast rocks and your questioning shows how much time and effort you put into researching your guests. Keep up the good work! it is very much appreciated.

Back