• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Live prehistoric shark photographed

Wow, that really is amazing. I wonder why they didnt keep it in its natural habitat, it might have lived.

Thanks for the vid links. First one didn't work for me, but youtube did. Smart of you to post 2 links. btw, what's "beeb"?

That would be pretty freaky to see coming at you in the ocean.

I forgot to mention that there was a man in Australia who survived being half swallowed by a shark recently. I saw this the other day on CNN, but only the last part. I just got done watching a segment on Good Morning America that interviewed the guy and gave a lot of details. Interesting stuff.

Basically what I learned from GMA is, that he swam head first into the mouth of a shark, his lead vest saved him from being ripped apart, as well as poking the sharks eyes like one of the 3 Stooges.

Here's some links on it.

New York News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Breaking News

http://www.wfsb.com/news/10828274/detail.html

DVS said:
Wow, that really is amazing. I wonder why they didnt keep it in its natural habitat, it might have lived.

They actually didn't remove it from its deep sea habitat, it was sick and dying prior to the fisherman notifying the researchers who filmed it and tried to save it, and it came to the surface of its own accord. We were very lucky to see it alive! Sad that it did die anyway, but thats the only reason we got to see it in the first place.

Its very cool.

This thread has given me a wonderful idea. My mother-in law-certainly qualifies as a prehistoric shark, so I'm considering digging a deep freshwater pit in the back yard and chucking her in. I could even charge people admission to watch her swim in circles while those vicious jaws chomp their way through schools of grubs and other assorted pests. Maybe I could qualify for some kind of study grant.
I had originally toyed with the the thought of keeping her in the bath tub like a gefilte fish, but it's not big enough to contain her mammoth carcass and an adequate supply of water simultaneously. That means I'd have run a garden hose through the window to maintain a constant flow over her frilled gills. Think of the mess. I tell you, nothing good is easy.

Mogwa said:
This thread has given me a wonderful idea. My mother-in law-certainly qualifies as a prehistoric shark, so I'm considering digging a deep freshwater pit in the back yard and chucking her in. I could even charge people admission to watch her swim in circles while those vicious jaws chomp their way through schools of grubs and other assorted pests. Maybe I could qualify for some kind of study grant.
I had originally toyed with the the thought of keeping her in the bath tub like a gefilte fish, but it's not big enough to contain her mammoth carcass and an adequate supply of water simultaneously. That means I'd have run a garden hose through the window to maintain a constant flow over her frilled gills. Think of the mess. I tell you, nothing good is easy.

Leading cause of mother in laws is marriage. I recommend avoiding it at all cost. Marriage is also the leading cause of divorce too. That and watching soaps.

DVS said:

There aren't many large deepsea (pressurized and cooled) aquariums in the world. At least not many for a creature this long. It was probably in such bad shape it would never live through the transport.

Back