• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Little Green Men, by Christopher Buckley

Schuyler

Misanthrope
That's a book title for a novel written by Buckley. It has to do with one Oliver Banion, a Washington talk show host, who sounds like a cross between Chris 'tingle up my legs' Matthews and Larry 'suspenders' King. He is abducted by aliens. After the second time he embarks on a crusade to get Congress to investigate, with mayhem to follow.

The explanation for the alien abduction phenomenon is that it is done by a CIA-type undercover group using helicopters and bright lights. The idea is to keep UFOs in the consciousness of citizens. When a Gallup Poll shows belief in aliens faltering in a particular area, an abduction is planned there to boost the ratings back up.

I won't spoil the book for you with more details, but it is a very funny read. I thought the idea that abductions were caused by the government was kinda interesting. No aliens required---it's just guys dressed up in suits.

That's a book title for a novel written by Buckley. It has to do with one Oliver Banion, a Washington talk show host, who sounds like a cross between Chris 'tingle up my legs' Matthews and Larry 'suspenders' King. He is abducted by aliens. After the second time he embarks on a crusade to get Congress to investigate, with mayhem to follow.

The explanation for the alien abduction phenomenon is that it is done by a CIA-type undercover group using helicopters and bright lights. The idea is to keep UFOs in the consciousness of citizens. When a Gallup Poll shows belief in aliens faltering in a particular area, an abduction is planned there to boost the ratings back up.

I won't spoil the book for you with more details, but it is a very funny read. I thought the idea that abductions were caused by the government was kinda interesting. No aliens required---it's just guys dressed up in suits.

I think there are humans faking this phenomena as well.

I think there are humans faking this phenomena as well.

I as well. The question is what technology is being employed. This could be a topic of much discussion. I've seen "strange lights in the sky" that seemed as if they could have been some sort of projection...multiple satellites crossing laser-beams to produce a 3-d image came to mind. The tech that would be involved in some of the other high-strangeness "stuff" is beyond my imagination, but combinations of hypnosis, drugs and electro-magnetic/microwave, amplified subsonic gadgets may be involved...or it may just really be aliens from another planet or dimension.

Back