• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Listening on Kodi/XBMC?

henris42

Paranormal Maven
Hi just a quick poll or question, is anyone succesfully listening paracast+ on Kodi/XBMC? It works on the desktop, but I had no luck so far to do it on the media center... If you did it tell me how!

You don't do it via the radio station.

You use the instructions we put in your Conversations which lists the URL of the special RSS feed.

Or click on The Paracast + nav bar on the top of the forum window to get direct access to the shows. It also lists the RSS feed URL there.

That link is only available to subscribers.

Doesn't stream. You use the RSS feed to run the show from a podcast app.

Examples include Podcasts for macOS Catalina, and iOS, or Downcast for iOS, or something from Android that lets you run podcasts with logins.

Ok that explains a bit. Podcasts and Kodi are bit hard thing what I gather, seem no good plugin exists. I'll ask on Kodi forum.. ;)
Thanks Gene!

Podcasts ought to be pretty easy to set up. Just enter the URL for the feed we give you, and your forum name and password. It should load automatically.

That did not work on the Kodi. Their podcast support really suck anyways (no podcast mode/plugin), I was just wondering if anyone else here is trying that...

It works ok of course by getting mp3:s from paracast+, but its manual work.. ?

I have used Apple's Podcasts and Downcast, and never run into trouble. I believe the standard podcast app from Google Play works as well, but it's been a while since I've had an Android device to try it on.

But they should work the same. You enter the URL for the feed, your forum member name and password in the login prompt, and you should be good to go.

I'm not personally aware of Kodi, and wonder why you'd need them if you're using a normal podcast app.

Oh, let me explain! Kodi, is run on the Raspberry Pi, and other similar small thingies. I have one in my bedroom, I use it to watch video, music and abviously to listen to you!
So there are no Apps, or anything else. That thing is written in Python, runs on Linux, and is meant as alternate platform for a smart TV. It does have plugins at the moment for some streaming TV and radio, but no major stuff like Netflix etc. But unfortunately, seems that the podcast stuff is not well made so far.
-> What I mean is everything done with Gene & pals, is 100%! Its just this platform. Maybe I'm only one who uses it to podcasts!

Last edited:
Back