• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

lies about he who shall not be named

Well I was bored and I found some Canadian website that posts C2C shows for free(I ain't paying Snoory shit), so I thought I would see what crap Shoe Horn was peddling. Low and behold it was the same old crap. Anyway near the end he said Meier was the last reincarnation of a number of prophets, Isiah, Enoch, Mohammed, and the first one Emmanuel which was Jesus. I will have to suffer, errr I mean listen to it again to get a word for word on this one.

Yeah Id like to know what website is too.

Try a search on Youtube fellas, I guarantee someone's got it up.

Yeah they do. I dont enjoy the youtube experience though. If there is an episode that has a guest I want to hear I would rather download the mp3 and listen off my ipod.

This is super-old so most of you have probably already seen it, but i found this exchange between Horn and Randi quite comical. I remember Horn making all these same claims on his Paracast appearance, but Randi seems to have inflamed him even more as he makes his bid for that million dollar prize.

I know Randi is a polarizing figure, but his dismissal of Vogel as being "not very smart" made me spit up my drink.

Anyway, sorry if this has been posted before, I'm new to the forums.

http://www.randi.org/jr/032604why.html

Oh, and it wasn't that Meier is a reincarnation of Jesus, rather that he surpassed him... Talk about delusions of grandeur.

from wikipedia
Meier's Meeting with Jmmanuel

As recounted in the unabridged version of Message from the Pleiades, Vol. 2, Meier was taken back in time by the extraterrestrial Asket where he met personally with Jmmanuel, alleged to be the real Jesus, who told Meier that Meier's evolution was higher than Jmmanuel' himself, saying, "Truly, your evolution has proceeded for 2000 years further, which fact I have not considered." (page 512). The contact with Jmmanuel lasted for four days before returning to the present time. [20]

This is super-old so most of you have probably already seen it, but i found this exchange between Horn and Randi quite comical. I remember Horn making all these same claims on his Paracast appearance, but Randi seems to have inflamed him even more as he makes his bid for that million dollar prize.

I know Randi is a polarizing figure, but his dismissal of Vogel as being "not very smart" made me spit up my drink.

Anyway, sorry if this has been posted before, I'm new to the forums.

http://www.randi.org/jr/032604why.html

Oh, and it wasn't that Meier is a reincarnation of Jesus, rather that he surpassed him... Talk about delusions of grandeur.

from wikipedia
Meier's Meeting with Jmmanuel

As recounted in the unabridged version of Message from the Pleiades, Vol. 2, Meier was taken back in time by the extraterrestrial Asket where he met personally with Jmmanuel, alleged to be the real Jesus, who told Meier that Meier's evolution was higher than Jmmanuel' himself, saying, "Truly, your evolution has proceeded for 2000 years further, which fact I have not considered." (page 512). The contact with Jmmanuel lasted for four days before returning to the present time. [20]

I had read it before, but enjoyed reading it again. Thanks for posting it.

I forgot to mention that also on this show he talks again about super inventor Marcel Vogel. Only this time he actually names one of Vogel's inventions. According to Horn Vogel invented the magnetic coating on floppy disks. Surely this can be checked out somewhere.

I forgot to mention that also on this show he talks again about super inventor Marcel Vogel. Only this time he actually names one of Vogel's inventions. According to Horn Vogel invented the magnetic coating on floppy disks. Surely this can be checked out somewhere.

Hi there.

I actually think that is correct. Vogel did work for IBM and was involved in that department. Whether or not he officially invented it I don't know.

Vogel was apparently rather brilliant earlier in his life, but he seems to have gone a little loopy later in his life.

I once heard that he died in a mental institution, but I have never found corroboration of that.

-Derek

I'm sure that Randi would tell me that the things I've seen with my own eyes - in the presence of others - are fantasies. And for this, I would spit in his eye and charge him for an eye wash.

I realize this is an older post but...

I used to enjoy watching Randi doing tricks on TV when I was a kid. He's a clever guy. Now I just find him irritating. "Professional Skeptics" go into situations with their minds made up, and nothing will change it. Not even if they saw something with their own eyes. They will rationalize it away. When they can't attack the data, they attack the person making the claim.

I always say that Randi made a living tricking people, so he thinks everything is a trick, kind of the way some cops see everyone as a possible perp.

He might be able to figure out how to bend a key or a spoon, or something but that only shows he figured how to do a trick. It doesn't disprove someone that might be able to bend a key.

It's like the "scientist" that know how the pyramids where built, but can't actually get the theory to work. Not without heavy lifting machines anyway.

David, you and all those other people just saw swamp gas... and Venus... you know that. ;)

Not to get too much off topic, but I believe (there is that word again) that spoon bending is a verifiable mystery, as corroborated by evidence from people that I trust, at least from afar. For one, the late Michael Crichton recounted his experience at a paranormal "party?" and researcher/author Dean Radin also substantiates this ability. I don't think it should fall into the category of "trick" or illusion, but rather somehow involves energy that we are only recently learning more about. Here is a link:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Spoon_bending

Back