• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

lies about he who shall not be named

Hi there.

I'm confused by your thread title because there are no "lies" in our press release. I also find it interesting that the two month old press release has caused such activity this past week. BTW, Horn has managed to temporarily pull the press release off of PRLog, but you can read it and the whole situation at IIG - Who Is Michael Horn?

Michael wrote a missive about it here: The Alien Seeker News - Skeptics at IIG Caught Falsifying Evidence!

I have written a follow up here: The Alien Seeker News - Derek Bartholomaus

It is very entertaining and might increase the attendance of the lecture I am doing this afternoon about the case.

-Derek

Ugh. Horn again. Does he truly believe in the Billy Meier case, or does he just hope the rest of us will be stupid enough to fall for this load of doggy poop? The only difference between the Meier case and dog poop, is that once you've cleaned up dog poop, it's gone forever. No matter how many times someone cleans up the Meier case, by proving it a load of BS, someone like Horn revives it. Give me strength! :eek:

Personally, while I think that Randi has done some good, I feel he's done as much bad, essentially canceling out much of the productive work he's done. One of my favorite examples is his coverage of the Arigo case:

James Randi Educational Foundation An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural

This entry contains inaccuracies and outright lies. It is a serious disservice to the Arigo case, and is indicative of the type of "coverage" given by Randi and his minions, to cases that they don't want to touch.

Fundamentalism is never a good thing, IMO.

I'm sure that Randi would tell me that the things I've seen with my own eyes - in the presence of others - are fantasies. And for this, I would spit in his eye and charge him for an eye wash.

dB

Ummm ... just a quick thought:

Have James Randi and Billy Meier ever been seen in the same room together?? :D

[Actually ... thinking about it ... the universe would probably come to a grinding halt if it did. Never should more than one very large beard of one polarity come into close proximity with another very large beard of the opposite polarity ... its just one of those fundamental rules of this and every other universe.]

Personally, while I think that Randi has done some good, I feel he's done as much bad, essentially canceling out much of the productive work he's done. One of my favorite examples is his coverage of the Arigo case:

James Randi Educational Foundation An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural

This entry contains inaccuracies and outright lies. It is a serious disservice to the Arigo case, and is indicative of the type of "coverage" given by Randi and his minions, to cases that they don't want to touch.

Fundamentalism is never a good thing, IMO.

I'm sure that Randi would tell me that the things I've seen with my own eyes - in the presence of others - are fantasies. And for this, I would spit in his eye and charge him for an eye wash.

dB

Randi is what he hates, just on the opposite end. I agree he's done some good, but around just as much bad.

He'll be dead soon, and the million dollar challenge is coming to an end as well.

There is something that I am planning to publish later this month that Horn will not be able to ignore, but it will hopefully convince many others to ignore him.

Hi there.

As you have been able to notice, I did not post my planned article about Michael Horn in December 2008. I ended out deciding that, even though any semi-rational or semi-sane person would realize that I was being extremely sarcastic, Horn would most likely think that I was being serious. This is a person who continues to say that I retracted statements that I never made in the first place after all.

Basically, it was in regards to Horn's claim that he had made a typographical error on his website concerning Marcel Vogel using a scanning electron microscope to determine the existence of Thulium in his analysis of the Meier metal. I discovered that Horn had actually posted the correct information because The 1983 book UFO…Contact From The Pleiades Volume II, the 1987 book Light Years: An Investigation Into The Extraterrestrial Experiences Of Eduard Meier, and the 2001 book And Yet…They Fly! all state that research chemist Marcel Vogel used a scanning electron microscope to analyze the metal sample. Michael Horn's website name is based on this last book, so he should have at least some familiarity with it.

You can read about the metal analysis here:
IIG - Billy Meier - Metal Analysis Deconstruction

You can read The IIG Billy Meier Investigation here:
IIG - The Billy Meier Case

Thanks.

-Derek

Just been listening to Shoe Horn from his last shambolic interview on Snoory's show. At last he admitted that Meier is a reincarnation of Jesus. How many times on these boards did he argue that this had nothing to do with religion or a cult.

Aspie,

Long time, no see!

Are you surprised? And isn't it something, that C2C continues to give this idiot a platform? Yowza.

And don't be a stranger...

dB

A few weeks ago I emailed the show to see if they had any interest in presenting my side of things since Horn keeps talking about me (well, lying about me) whenever he goes on the show.

Apparently they don't since I have never heard back from anyone.

Not too surprising, but a teeny bit disappointing.

Oh, well. The past week I have had so many more interesting things to deal with in the non-UFO research realm.

-Derek

The Body Count is the most successful launch of a website that I have ever been involved in.

I seem to have definitely touched a nerve.

The site is just less than a week old and it has had over 65,500 page views and just under 23,000 unique visitors.

I am just gobsmacked by the result.

Thanks.

-Derek

Well I was bored and I found some Canadian website that posts C2C shows for free(I ain't paying Snoory shit), so I thought I would see what crap Shoe Horn was peddling. Low and behold it was the same old crap. Anyway near the end he said Meier was the last reincarnation of a number of prophets, Isiah, Enoch, Mohammed, and the first one Emmanuel which was Jesus. I will have to suffer, errr I mean listen to it again to get a word for word on this one.

Back