• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Leslie Kean on the Paracast!

I really applaud the work Leslie Kean is doing.

One quick comment, I think at some point in the interview, the word "paranormal" (a term which I dislike btw, although its use in the context of UFOs is not incorrect) comes up, and David Biedny talks about the UFOs' lack of sonic boom.

Wrt the lack of sonic boom, have a look into Paul Hill's (NASA aeronautical engineer) book. To quote from the review of Hill's book by physicist Puthoff, PhD:

[SIZE=-1]
One of the consequences of the above identification of field propulsion type by Hill is his conclusion, supported by detailed calculation, computer simulation and wind-tunnel studies, that supersonic flight through the atmosphere without sonic booms is easily engineered. Manipulation of the acceleration-type force field would, even at supersonic speeds, result in a constant-pressure, compression-free zone without shockwave in which the vehicle is surrounded by a subsonic flow-pattern of streamlines, and subsonic velocity ratios.
More: http://www.hyper.net/ufo/physics.html
[/SIZE]

Similarly, Leslie's and others argument about UFO cases where they show up on radar and bringing up "aviation safety issues" and "improving the radars" etc are not really relevant technically, considering cases like the RB-47 1957.

The CFI has a great mission statement, the cournty where i'm from basically all the media comes from the states. 6pm news here ran a small piece on Edgar Mitchell not to long ago, the only thing they got right was his name, Edgar Mitchell has seen aliens, the truth is way out there, x files music in the background. What can you do , To relieve the media void i've started counting the amount of times the host's mention Greer in there interviews.

Good show. Leslie Keane is informative, interesting and intelligent, or "3i". :)

Leslie, if you're reading this, I have a great name for your new organization, "Project True Book".

Good luck!

David, Gene,

One of your best shows, guys. Leslie is a great guest.

A couple points were made on the show which I found interesting. First was David's comment about the government using sophisticated computer simulations to see how the impact on the world will be by having contact with aliens and the results affecting policy toward disclosure. I think this is very insightful point. I personally don't believe the thousands of supercomputers that the government has is being used to test the safety of our nuclear stockpile as they continue to claim.

I would put forth, however, that modeling of human behavior has already being done well before the invention of the supercomputer. The well known panic caused by the Orsen Wells broadcast of "The War of the Worlds" involving the fake news broadcast of an alien invasion was a good indicator for government officials as to how people would react. Some would argue that we are more accepting of the notion of aliens now but I'm not so sure.

While people individually can accept the concept of aliens the repercussions to the world would still be dramatic. How do we know this? Human history has repeatedly shown that any indigenous primitive civilization that comes in contact with a foreign race inevitably has its religion, economic system, government systems, and cultural ideas drastically changed. In almost all cases the resulting changes have been very negative. I can't imagine government officials haven't talked to social anthropologists or others versed in history and have ignored this fact.

In human history terms the differences of the cultures that come in contact with each other can be measured at most by two thousand years if you only take into account the technological gap. Now let's imagine the impact with aliens who conceivable are millions of years ahead of us. The example of human history has also shown that in every case it is the more primitive culture that adopts the technology and belief systems of the more advanced society. Would we still believe in Jesus? In God?

Perhaps the development of supercomputer modeling has only reinforced the idea that contact is not a good idea and that we should not hold our breath to expect it to happen any time soon.

The other point made that I thought was interesting was the comment by Leslie that if we knew the real reason why the government is hiding the truth we might agree with it is seldom said publicly. I personally agree with her. With so much distrust of our governments it is hard to see them in a positive light. But this attitude is likely to lead people to a severely distorted view of the realities that may exist. Most major decisions are made with much deliberation and justification. Many times people will disagree with the line of reasoning behind certain decisions but usually there is a logic behind it no matter how twisted.

Please have Leslie back on the show in the future.

Good Day Gene, et al,

First kudos to you, David and Leslie for a most enjoyable, informative show!

I'm skeptical about the prospects of a new UFO investigative agency in the U.S. Perhaps a multi-country initiative would be better.

I too share your skepticism of a "government sponsored investigative agency" ala "Blue Book"; however, if this were in fact the case it would leave no excuses for mainstream science to hide behind any longer . . . even if a new contingent was impotent.

On the other hand, presumably a government organization would have priority. i.e., control over an investigation opposed to private and or "civilian groups and or individuals; if the new entity wasn't on the "up and up, this could present a problem to legitimate investigation.

I think "funding" for a privately held group would be a better idea.

Separately, thank you for talking about and "distinguishing" the difference between "UFOs and ET."

Cheers,
Frank

Back